LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Should I wheel my truck without sliders

Old 07-22-2013, 06:46 PM   #1
Marcoc has a spectacular aura aboutMarcoc has a spectacular aura about

Marcoc's Tacoma Gallery
Should I wheel my truck without sliders

I have taken my 2010 TRD DC SB with 32" GY Duratracs and 2.5" lift on some mild, stockish friendly trails up in NH. The trails had minor obstacles that required 4 low and a bit of ground clearance. Just wondering about people's opinions if I decided to take my truck on more challenging trails that require 32" and small lift minimum without any armor. Pretty much my truck is a daily driver that is my work truck, baby transport, and I also take good care of it and wash and wax it very regularly. I enjoy driving it off road and checking out the nice scenery and just relaxing but I don't want crazy trail use like I use to do in my 2004 Wrangler Rubicon, it was expensive, and kept breaking shit. I guess my question after all the backround info is should I take the truck on more challenging trails without any rock sliders or other required trail armor? Sorry for the long intro to a basic question .
Old 07-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #2
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on the terrain I mean if has a ton of rocks and trees then sliders and skids are a must
Old 07-22-2013, 06:49 PM   #3
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like you already know the answer.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:50 PM   #4
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed
worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
^ +1
Old 07-23-2013, 05:09 PM   #5
StickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
StickShifty's Tacoma Gallery
i dont have sliders, yet. but i know my limits and either turn around or choose a different line if it looks like i will bottom out.

depends on what your wheeling over and how aggressive you get. they cant hurt if you have the money for them.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:18 PM   #6
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Sliders are worth the money IMO, they make you feel a little safer on the trail even if you dont use them. There is a member from NH who is selling his trail gear sliders and hi lift for really cheap, http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...ml#post7195988
There is actually another local member who is working on getting some all-pro apex sliders bedlined or powedercoated i think that he is selling if your pockets are a little deeper haha.
Now your ganna have to tell me where these more challenging trails are in CT head over to the New england BS thread if you wanna talk to the guys who have sliders for sale.