Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Post-sand cleaning and maintenance

Old 07-29-2013, 08:52 AM   #1
andyman is on a distinguished road
Name: Andy
andyman's Tacoma Gallery
Post-sand cleaning and maintenance

I just got back from taking my new-to-me Tacoma on its first beach trip. Had it out on the sand and the truck performed great. But I am wondering, what are some things you guys do once you get yours back off the sand? I'm talking cleaning and preventative maintenance kinda stuff (clean this, oil that, bit of grease there). I ran the truck through the local car wash and had them do an undercarriage wash but I want to have this truck for many, many years to come and knowing how corrosive salt air and sand can be I don't want to lose her prematurely. So let me know what you guys do/recommend. Thanks!
Old 07-29-2013, 09:49 AM   #2
xollox is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
xollox's Tacoma Gallery
I take it to the local coin-op car wash and spend at least a whole cycle (3-5 minutes?) just on the undercarriage. Those 4 second undercarriage washes at automatic car washes do nothing (and the brushes mess up your paint.)

Sand is a pain, I always find new and exciting places that sand has hidden every time I climb under my truck.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:13 AM   #3
andyman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xollox View Post
I take it to the local coin-op car wash and spend at least a whole cycle (3-5 minutes?) just on the undercarriage. Those 4 second undercarriage washes at automatic car washes do nothing (and the brushes mess up your paint.)

Sand is a pain, I always find new and exciting places that sand has hidden every time I climb under my truck.

You actually crawl around under there or you just kinda blast it from the front and sides as best you can?
Old 07-29-2013, 11:14 AM   #4
xollox is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
xollox's Tacoma Gallery
From the sides. Getting under there would probably be more effective, but it'd also be a lot wetter.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:31 AM   #5
andyman's Tacoma Gallery
BUMP

Anyone, anyone?
Old 08-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #6
Canazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
Canazes9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xollox View Post

That's what I do also.

David
Old 08-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #7
RoscoTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Ross
RoscoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I just had mine at the beach this wknd for the first time as well.spent about 5 bucks at coin op and just sprayed undercarriage from the sides.my truck is also lifted about 8 inches so its quite easy to clean