Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Colorado High Country Trip 8/23-8/25

Old 08-09-2013, 09:24 AM   #21
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
so i'll be at the toytec shindig the 24th during the day....would still love to get up there for the last half of this...

so i'll see what i can do about meeting you up at crystal then make the return trip...
Cool, did you get a plan to get your rear back together?
Old 08-09-2013, 09:41 AM   #22
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone Runner View Post
Cool, did you get a plan to get your rear back together?
not yet...

i have options for the 19th and 24th...but i'm trying to find an option to get it installed before next weekend.

been without the truck for too long and i need to get the break in process started asap...
Old 08-09-2013, 09:48 AM   #23
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
not yet...

i have options for the 19th and 24th...but i'm trying to find an option to get it installed before next weekend.

been without the truck for too long and i need to get the break in process started asap...

Wheeling withdrawal, I hear ya.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:31 PM   #24
Senior Noob Member
Squeaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Squeaky Penguin's Tacoma Gallery
Looking pretty good for me to join you guys.

Most likely will have to meet first thing Saturday Morning for Wheeler Lake depending on how early you want to start. I think its just over two hours for me to get to Brek, so add another half hour to get over that pass there. I could leave Friday after work if I had to.

I should be game for Sunday as well, even if you are planning on working your way back to the front range. Maybe you guys could confim, but if I continue on Webster by myself after doing Red Cone I would end back up at Montezuma? That would work out pretty well.

Brett
Old 08-09-2013, 04:43 PM   #25
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky Penguin View Post

Most likely will have to meet first thing Saturday Morning for Wheeler Lake depending on how early you want to start. I think its just over two hours for me to get to Brek, so add another half hour to get over that pass there. I could leave Friday after work if I had to.

I should be game for Sunday as well, even if you are planning on working your way back to the front range. Maybe you guys could confim, but if I continue on Webster by myself after doing Red Cone I would end back up at Montezuma? That would work out pretty well.

Brett
^correct
Old 08-09-2013, 05:02 PM   #26
Because 4R

Quote:

Brett
Cool, just let me know when and where.

Quote:
^correct
Agreed.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:26 AM   #27
Because 4R

Bump, any out of staters interested?
Old 08-15-2013, 01:23 PM   #28
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Wishbone,

I forgot that this trip is the same time that wifey and I are going on our anniversary roadtrip. SO... count me out on this one. Let me know if you head out again, though!
Old 08-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #29
Because 4R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
Hey Wishbone,

I forgot that this trip is the same time that wifey and I are going on our anniversary roadtrip. SO... count me out on this one. Let me know if you head out again, though!
Sorry to hear. Did you get your truck back together?
Old 08-15-2013, 06:10 PM   #30
Senior Noob Member
Squeaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sorry guys, I'm gonna have to bail too. The girlfriend made plans that I was suppose to know about or something....

Oh wait, I don't have a girlfriend, more time for wheelin!
James, when you solidify your Saturday Morning plans, let me know. I'm game for meeting in Breckenridge or at the trailhead, or wherever. Will probably stop in Breck to grab gas and a few other things though.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:29 AM   #31
Because 4R

Quote:
Sorry guys, I'm gonna have to bail too. The girlfriend made plans that I was suppose to know about or something....

Haha! Almost got me.

Quote:

Oh wait, I don't have a girlfriend, more time for wheelin!
James, when you solidify your Saturday Morning plans, let me know. I'm game for meeting in Breckenridge or at the trailhead, or wherever. Will probably stop in Breck to grab gas and a few other things though.
Lets plan on the Loaf n' Jug in Breck at 9:30.

440 N Park Ave, Breckenridge, CO
Old 08-19-2013, 05:45 PM   #32
Senior Noob Member

Good, you don't have me waking up too early. See you there, and look for a PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:14 PM   #33
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
truck is back together!

definitely keep me posted on sat night-sunday plans
Old 08-20-2013, 07:36 AM   #34
Because 4R

Quote:
truck is back together!

Quote:

definitely keep me posted on sat night-sunday plans
Will do, plan is still to run Wheeler and then head up to Crystal lakes Saturday, and then Sunday I am thinking Georgia pass over to 285 and then Red Cone. I am going to update the first post with meeting times and places for the various legs. Sunday will probably be a later start at Red Cone, it is going to take us a while to get over there, I will tentatively say 10:30 am at the lot before the trail on the left.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:48 AM   #35
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
then come back down webster? i'll be staying away from return traffic on sunday afternoon on i70
Old 08-20-2013, 08:09 AM   #36
Senior Noob Member

Quote:
then come back down webster? i'll be staying away from return traffic on sunday afternoon on i70

You front rangers and your traffic....
Old 08-20-2013, 08:13 AM   #37
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

i would trade for the drive up to steamboat anyday!
Old 08-20-2013, 08:33 AM   #38
Because 4R

Quote:
Exactly, back to Hall Valley and return to 285. I stay as far away from 70 as possible as well.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:34 AM   #39
Because 4R

Quote:
Quote:

I second that!

Old 08-20-2013, 10:07 AM   #40
Senior Noob Member

I don't know..... That 2.8 miles of 70 between Silverthorne and Frisco will be awful!