Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Airville, Pa. trails

Old 08-03-2013, 11:43 PM   #1
68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
68dave's Tacoma Gallery
Airville, Pa. trails

Anybody here ever go wheeling off of W. trails rd. in Airville, Pa.? I heard about it today and googled it, looks like a nice place and it's not too far from me.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:37 AM   #5
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #6
68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

68dave's Tacoma Gallery
I'm gonna throw my dogs in my 4runner and ride up there and check it out in about an hour. I need to break in my new toytec lift and duratracs. Looks rocky tho', wish i had my sliders installed.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:53 AM   #7
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-04-2013, 10:19 AM   #9

68dave's Tacoma Gallery
Ok.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:09 PM   #10

68dave's Tacoma Gallery
I went and traveled Woodbine rd. but could not locate W. trails rd., i found E. trails rd. but once i turned on it i was greeted with multiple "Do not enter", "Private driveway" and "No trespassing" signs. I explored alot of small unpaved and muddy roads off of Woodbine rd. but most of them turned out to be private driveways, but they had street signs with street names. I did find some trails with atv's and dirtbike riders but i could'nt catch up to them to ask for directions. Maybe i would have better luck if i trailer my atv up there and explore the back trails with that because the trails that i found were smaller atv/dirtbike trails. Maybe a member thats local will chime in.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:39 PM   #11
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
OK. I had to cure my curiosity today and took a trip out there with the wife and kids. Took me about an hour. Very nice drive out once I was past the "city". I definitely found the West trails road which paralleled power lines. About 100 yards in it got very rocky and steep so decided to turn around. We spent a few hours just touring around on these roads. There's many camps and full time properties out there. Some roads were ok dirt roads that suddenly became tight and rocky/muddy then would turn back into a decent road again in a few hundred yards. We did find our way down to the creek which was nice. Took a short break and stretched, then we tried to find our way out and came across a sign by the road. It's not really clear what is public road and what is private so we figured best to just leave. There are some pretty rough roads like I said but was just a one vehicle convoy so we didn't risk it. Overall, fun trip. But the question of trespassing made me nervous so I probably won't go back until I know I am being legal. Here's a few pics I took. I thought I had one of W. Trails road but I guess not.

The "map" I had which was crap.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=west+...ed=0CC8Q8gEwAA

Giant spider and dead crawdad.

Muddy Creek.

The sign.

New custom pin stripes.

Old 08-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #12

68dave's Tacoma Gallery
Dennis that's exactly how i felt, because of all the no trespassing and private driveway signs. It was'nt clear what was private and what was a public road. It's hard to believe some of those roads were roads. We should meet up on a sat. or sunday and explore the area.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:48 AM   #13
anotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shed
anotherreject's Tacoma Gallery
that area is about 30 mins from me, is anybody making plans to check it out? my taco is stock so nothing crazy for me
Old 08-09-2013, 06:37 AM   #14
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68dave View Post
Dennis that's exactly how i felt, because of all the no trespassing and private driveway signs. It was'nt clear what was private and what was a public road. It's hard to believe some of those roads were roads. We should meet up on a sat. or sunday and explore the area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherreject View Post
that area is about 30 mins from me, is anybody making plans to check it out? my taco is stock so nothing crazy for me
Found this video of some heeps running the road. Notice in the comments that it is private land and he doesn't recommend using it. I would like some more info, I'm not going back until I know it's legal.

http://youtu.be/pSzQdXzX52E
Old 08-09-2013, 07:08 AM   #16
jds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
jds0912's Tacoma Gallery
A bunch of dudes (including me) have run Trails road on the site. Check the Maryland Tacomas thread. It's pretty fun; nothing too technical - unless you climb the steep side in the rain like a few members tried/failed.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #17
anotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Ive noticed PA is weird when it comes to marking public/private roads. There is a gravel road near my house with a regular street sign on it but the road goes straight through private farm land.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:39 AM   #18
on the last page of the jeepforum thread they say the land owners were giving them crap about being there
the videos posted look a bit too hard for me anyway