Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Engo winch stuck

Old 08-05-2013, 08:15 PM   #1
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Engo winch stuck

Taken from another thread, any suggestions?

I clocked my winch today and now it won't turn when its engaged, the motor tries but i can hear the gears locked, and spins crazy fast when not engaged, i took it apart and can't tell what the fuck i did, any suggestions? Its an engo 10000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
How do you mean "took the clutch lever off"? And how did you rotate the winch?

It almost sounds like you did not reassemble the clutch handle correctly or when you rotate it you aren't properly engaging the clutch. Assuming all you did was remove the lever and re-insert it, you probably didn't get it oriented correctly (the position it was in before) which prevents the clutch from engaging. There's also the possibility you didn't properly connect the clutch assemble to the brake shaft assembly.

I would start by downloading an exploded view of the winch. Then check to make sure the clutch handle is properly installed. If that doesn't solve the problem, then if you clocked it by removing the tie bars, remove the tie bars and check to make sure brake shaft is correctly installed in the clutch assembly.

Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorb View Post
Just Took The Screw Out And The Lever, It Was Getting In The Way WhenI Was Building The Mount. i Rotated it By Taking The 10 Screws Out On The inside Of The Gearbox And Rotated It.

As Far As I Can Tell There's Only One Way The Lever Can Go In. You Might Be Right About Clutch Assembly CauseI Really Can't See Why It Wouldn't Work. I've Disassembled Warns With No Problem, This Is Similar But I'm.Fucking Stumped. I'll Try Your Suggestions Tomorrow, Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorb View Post
theres only one way to insert the clutch lever. had to take the tie bars off to clock it but I didn't move anything. As far as i can tell when the lever is engaged it pushes the gear ring around a gear which is fixed to the mounting leg, which keeps it from turning. It will turn when not engaged.

http://mediacdn.shopatron.com/media/...pdf?1299773251

Old 08-06-2013, 09:46 AM   #2
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone?