Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

which winch?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-14-2013, 10:21 AM   #21
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
The M8000 is the best winch for the money that I have seen. Premium Series Winch, that has been proven over and over. And I can offer them for $645.00 with Steel Line.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:21 AM   #22
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabassman View Post
How do you like the lp8500 it's a good price on amazon.
Haven't had to use it yet.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:17 AM   #23
Drive it like a 4WD
Gabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Gabassman's Tacoma Gallery
wish i had the funds right now. Just found warn m8000 on ebay brand new buy it now free shipping for $471
Old 08-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #24
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
wish i had the funds right now. Just found warn m8000 on ebay brand new buy it now free shipping for $471
Dang, that is a great deal!!
Old 08-14-2013, 11:25 AM   #25
Drive it like a 4WD
Gabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
Dang, that is a great deal!!
yea really.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:00 PM   #26
Drive it like a 4WD

After doing many hours of reading and searching online ive made my decision and when the time comes im going to get the best affordable winch i can get the warn M8000. They are readily available for $500 and less if you willing to do some shopping around. And plus this is a tool not something to look at and i want to invest in something that i know will work for years to come.

Thank you for all of your comments now just need to find a source of more steady income.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:06 PM   #27
cdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant future

Name: Clint
cdj1's Tacoma Gallery
That's a steal! I bought mine off Amazon when they had the $80 rebate so it was $579 shipped

Remote mounted the solenoid and did in cab control
Old 08-14-2013, 07:09 PM   #28
Drive it like a 4WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdj1 View Post
That's a steal! I bought mine off Amazon when they had the $80 rebate so it was $579 shipped
Yea i know it. wish i could get it at that price now but gotta wait till i got the funds. unless someone whats to donate it to the cause JK
Old 08-14-2013, 07:14 PM   #29
cdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant future

cdj1's Tacoma Gallery
Lemme know when you get it if you need help remote mounting the solenoid and wiring controls :beer:
Old 08-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #30
Drive it like a 4WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdj1 View Post
Lemme know when you get it if you need help remote mounting the solenoid and wiring controls :beer:
Thanks will do. be leaving the solenoid on it since its going to be on a removable hitch mount but i would be very interested in in cab controls.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:13 PM   #32
Drive it like a 4WD

Excuse my ignorance but why us there need fur two switches don't you just need one fur in and out?
Old 08-14-2013, 09:06 PM   #33

cdj1's Tacoma Gallery
Well you really don't need the power switch, but then you could actuate the winch with the push of just the in/out switch. Its just an extra safety feature.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:40 PM   #34
Drive it like a 4WD

That makes since it doesn't hurt. I would hate to it the out switch going down the road.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:17 PM   #35
razorcc is on a distinguished road
Name: alex
razorcc's Tacoma Gallery
Winch

I just went through that whole process. After researching all the winches I decided on a Harbor Freight Badland winch believe it or not. I built a hidden winch mount and installed the new 12000 lbs winch with wireless remote and a 2 yr replacement warranty for $400.00. I have used it 4 times already and it works great.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:20 PM   #36
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That makes since it doesn't hurt. I would hate to it the out switch going down the road.
Hitting the out wouldn't do much, it would just unwind wherever the winch is located. If you accidentally hit 'in' though, it can and will cave in your bumper but just driving around the lever should be placed in neutral so hitting the button does nothing.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:21 PM   #37
MichelinMan
teamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

teamhypoxia's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorcc View Post
I just went through that whole process. After researching all the winches I decided on a Harbor Freight Badland winch believe it or not. I built a hidden winch mount and installed the new 12000 lbs winch with wireless remote and a 2 yr replacement warranty for $400.00. I have used it 4 times already and it works great.
I got the same winch. Glad to hear it's worked well for you.

From what I've read, the wireless remote will work with other brands of winches too.

I'm not the most experienced with winches, but it seems to me that the wireless remote solves all the problems associated with where to locate the controls...

Control the winch from wherever you want!
Old 08-21-2013, 02:26 PM   #38
razorcc is on a distinguished road
Name: alex
razorcc's Tacoma Gallery
I does but it has one small setback and that is that when you release the button on the wireless remote the winch will continue to run for a second or two.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:26 PM   #39
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
M8000 is your best bet.

Very reliable and time tested.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:29 PM   #40
Drive it like a 4WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD View Post
M8000 is your best bet.

Very reliable and time tested.
Thanks I feel it's my best bet. I'm spending that kind if money I want something to last for years to come.

Products Discussed in this Thread