Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Prerunner on Rubicon Trail??

Old 08-14-2013, 12:08 AM   #1
RyanPowell is on a distinguished road
RyanPowell's Tacoma Gallery
Prerunner on Rubicon Trail??

Just curious if anyone thinks it's possible. It's a TRD off road with a locking rear differential.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:19 AM   #2
dph473 is on a distinguished road
dph473's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think it's technically possible. I wouldn't risk it either. JMHO
Old 08-14-2013, 01:26 AM   #3
davidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
davidjmay's Tacoma Gallery
Pick your lines right
Old 08-14-2013, 07:20 AM   #5
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
not impossible haha look at this shit

fuck your 4x4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Euy_Va39I1M
Old 08-14-2013, 07:47 AM   #6
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoffensive View Post
not impossible haha look at this shit

fuck your 4x4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Euy_Va39I1M
I'm sure he probably wasn't depending on that to get back home with either.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:29 AM   #8
nigglewiggle60 is on a distinguished road

Name: Nigel
nigglewiggle60's Tacoma Gallery
I heard that recently the road was repaired and a bunch of the big boulders that were pushed into the road by "enthusiasts" where removed. It may be doable if the rumor is true.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:33 AM   #9
nigglewiggle60 is on a distinguished road

Name: Nigel
nigglewiggle60's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.mtdemocrat.com/news/rubic...irs-under-way/
Old 08-14-2013, 11:43 AM   #10
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
it is a dam shame they have destroyed that trail. that was one of the iconic 4x4 trails.

i have not been there, but after talking to people. even in its pussified state, minimum requirements to do the "easy" lines on the trail are 35s, one locker, and 4x4 of course. Also expect to break something and get body damage. Thats a given.

impossible in a 2wd. Not only do you only get the rear pushing you along, but you need lo range to get over obstacles and rocks. the benefit of 4wd is not only the extra axle with power, more so its the 4lo option that is even more crucial.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:44 AM   #11
rockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
rockgecko03's Tacoma Gallery
The rubicon trail can be tough even in a 4x4. I don't even know if it would be possible in 2wd. If it was possible, I'm sure there'd be even more people wanting to try it.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #15
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
Well I don't do technical wheeling and have never done it. I used to co-lease 6500 acres of land, though, and the road up the hill on the access road into the property was rutted, rocky dirt and steep. I always had 4x4 so I always used it. Our friend had a 1989 Plymouth Voyager he drove up the same road. The only difference was we went up in 4LO and 3 MPH, and he went up in FWD at haul ass.

Never had a problem beating the shit out of the van getting in and out of the property (we had quads for the interior transportation), even bounced it off a boulder that was as big as the van was.

So, speed helps when you don't have 4x4. But wheeling on rocks is 4x4 territory. I don't recommend it.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #16
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
seems like a bad idea and he would just piss off whoever he was with
Or he better have a awesome friend that's willing to tow him all throughout the trail
Old 08-14-2013, 11:55 AM   #17
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
Or he better have a awesome friend that's willing to tow him all throughout the trail

f_ _ _ that noise.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:56 AM   #18
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
DO IT!

and take video

Old 08-14-2013, 12:01 PM   #20
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
f_ _ _ that noise.
Thats what I mean haha! unless he takes someone who fully knows its going to take forever and they won't even see the end of the trail whatever group he goes will will leave him at the entrance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
DO IT!

and take video

yes. do this. also dont give up untill the truck explodes. i want to see what it takes