Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Black Hills South Dakota

Old 08-23-2013, 05:34 PM   #1
tired
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Black Hills South Dakota

Spent almost a week in SD with the family this past week. We needed a little family vacation so we loaded up the trailer and the Tacoma and drove and drove. We camped one night near Martin's Cove, Wyoming on the way up and then camped in the Black Hills near Mount Rushmore while we were there.

I'm not going to write some long trip report but we visited Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse Memorial, and Custer State Park. Along with Martin's Cove and Independence Rock in Wyoming. All I can say was the scenery was fantastic! This was the first legit camping trip with the new RTT. Worked out great to have the 4 kids sleep in the annex and my wife at I in the main tent area.

Also made some recent changes to the trailer with a rear swingout, some extra lights, a bracket for a camp table, and the adjustable height tent rack. Everything on the trailer worked flawlessly and each new addition helps out a little more.

so here's a major pic dump. Hope you enjoy.

Devil's Slide on I-84 in Utah

Few on a little dirt road in the Black Hills

At our campsite

My kids posing like the presidents

Crazy Horse Memorial
Old 08-23-2013, 05:39 PM   #2
tired
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The rest are from Custer State Park. Anyone who goes should drive the Needles Highway, the Wildlife Loop and the Iron Mountain Road. Some of the best, most scenic driving roads in the country as far as I'm concerned.

Old 08-23-2013, 05:49 PM   #3
MJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to all

Army:
MJM777's Tacoma Gallery
I love that part of the country........great pics!
Old 08-23-2013, 06:38 PM   #4
TheGRIZZ is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
TheGRIZZ's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like an awesome trip. Brings back lots of memories from visiting the grandparents. Haven't been back in years. Thanks for sharing!
Old 08-25-2013, 11:39 PM   #5
OlBlue is on a distinguished road
Marines: 0369 of Marines
Name: Blue
OlBlue's Tacoma Gallery
Perfect. The kids will remember that forever. I still remember all the trips camping I took with my family and now I have my own we will do the same.

Blue
Old 08-25-2013, 11:58 PM   #6
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
So...... wait..... 4 kids? How.... I MEAN.... where... do they sit?

Awesome pictures. You guys know how to go around in style.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:26 AM   #7
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Unbelieveable pics!!! Enjoy these days Adam.....when they grow older, the vacations just aren't the same together.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:41 AM   #8
tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2468 View Post
So...... wait..... 4 kids? How.... I MEAN.... where... do they sit?

Awesome pictures. You guys know how to go around in style.
Two younger kids in the back seat. Two older boys here:
Old 08-26-2013, 10:03 AM   #9
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
^That is sweet, reminds me of when we used to put lawn chairs in the back of my grandpa's chevy with a topper on it. Your version looks much safer

I love riding the needles and Iron Mountain on my bike, tons of fun. There's also lots of forest service roads we like to explore around Rapid City. Great part of the country to live in, I'm hoping to stick around after I graduate
Old 08-26-2013, 10:14 AM   #11
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
very nice adam...looks like a nice getaway with the family