Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Crystal Lakes-Georgia Pass-Red Cone-Webster Pass, CO

Old 08-26-2013, 11:06 AM   #21
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
The next day met up with Brett (SqueakyPenguin) in Breck and headed up to Wheeler Lake. I conquered all of the hard lines (with the help of all of my excellent spotters) on the both flopper and the V, Justin should have a pile of pics. We almost got Brett through the V, but he slid off line and needed a little tug to get out, but a valiant effort (maybe a little less throttle next time )

Airing down at Montgomery Res.

Old mining artifact along the trail

Old 08-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #22
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Made it to the lake without too much trouble, the trail is not overly difficult besides the main obstacles, but they have bypasses.

Parked next to a sick Jeep.

The crew

Heading back down, the bypass on the flopper.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:14 AM   #23
Because 4R

Next, headed up to Crystal Lake to camp for the night. Cruised up the pretty mellow trail and found a nice spot for the night, and were greeted with a bit of a surprise when Diesel came carelessly trotting back to camp with some new adornments

Luckily none of them were very deep, and they all pulled out easily and he seemed like he really could not have cared less.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:29 AM   #24
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone Runner View Post
Next, headed up to Crystal Lake to camp for the night. Cruised up the pretty mellow trail and found a nice spot for the night, and were greeted with a bit of a surprise when Diesel came carelessly trotting back to camp with some new adornments

Luckily none of them were very deep, and they all pulled out easily and he seemed like he really could not have cared less.

that fucker got him good!
Old 08-26-2013, 12:05 PM   #25
"young Brett"
Squeaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Squeaky Penguin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The next day met up with Brett (SqueakyPenguin) in Breck and headed up to Wheeler Lake. I conquered all of the hard lines (with the help of all of my excellent spotters) on the both flopper and the V, Justin should have a pile of pics. We almost got Brett through the V, but he slid off line and needed a little tug to get out, but a valiant effort (maybe a little less throttle next time )
I was trying to add some excitement to our trip

But lets just call it a learning experience....
Old 08-26-2013, 01:01 PM   #26
Because 4R

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post

that fucker got him good!
Yeah, I dont recall if we told you about that or not when you got there. It could have been a lot worse, just google Dog and Porcupine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky Penguin View Post
I was trying to add some excitement to our trip

But lets just call it a learning experience....
That's what it is all about, got to learn some how.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:04 PM   #27
Because 4R

Up at Crystal

My monster catch, only had about 30 minutes to fish in between the rain storms.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:05 PM   #28
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, I dont recall if we told you about that or not when you got there. It could have been a lot worse, just google Dog and Porcupine

oh man, shouldn't have done that...some bad run-ins...

sucks for this dog too

Old 08-26-2013, 01:05 PM   #29
Because 4R

Next morning up to Georgia Pass and then to Red Cone.

Never get tired of the view from the top.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:09 PM   #30
Because 4R

Saw Bob's friend from the top of the Cone, and these guys rolled down the hill at him, but he wasn't moving! They were almost touching him before he got out of the way.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:12 PM   #31
Because 4R

And finally, some trail damage. Somehow either stuffed my tire further than it had gone before, or bent out the sheet metal in the wheel well, and shredded my tire all the way around, luckily not bad enough to flat, and it looks like it should just fine, so I will continue to run it.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:21 PM   #32
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
built in tire groover?

should help with winter cornering
Old 08-26-2013, 01:23 PM   #33
Because 4R

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
built in tire groover?

should help with winter cornering
Haha, yup! I am just glad it didnt totally toast the tire.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:52 PM   #34
CowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CowboyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Absolutely gorgeous! I love threads like this.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:18 PM   #35
Because 4R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
Not that I'm aware of.

Most everything here is about getting muddy. I just want to ride some trails and take in the scenery.
Nice sig pic, I will be in Athens in two weeks for the USC game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyTaco View Post
Absolutely gorgeous! I love threads like this.
Thanks, I love making them!
Old 08-26-2013, 05:46 PM   #37
"young Brett"
Squeaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm terrible at taking pics, but I do like this one of Justin with the mining stuff in the background.

Also, I hope the pics will show up soon that explains how I did this:

Old 08-27-2013, 07:54 AM   #38
Because 4R

Justin's pics so far here. I know he has the one with you sitting on the rock and drooping out, I will ask him to throw them up.

http://www.toyota120.com/forum/showp...6&postcount=10
Old 08-28-2013, 08:11 PM   #39
"young Brett"

Good Start:

Now where are the rest of those pictures hiding? But really, nevermind me and my impatience. Great meeting you and wheeling with you! Also, I really llike this picture, awesome work!

Old 09-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #40
SnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bry
SnwTaco's Tacoma Gallery
These pics just making me miss colorado even more, looks like it was a fun trip