Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

One stuck taco!

Old 08-25-2013, 09:16 PM   #1
TacomaWill is a splendid one to beholdTacomaWill is a splendid one to beholdTacomaWill is a splendid one to beholdTacomaWill is a splendid one to beholdTacomaWill is a splendid one to beholdTacomaWill is a splendid one to beholdTacomaWill is a splendid one to behold

Name: Will
TacomaWill's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy One stuck taco!

Thought id share these pics with y'all,
and advise you NOT to take your DD in the mud.
We were all having a little fun in the mud doing some off roading, when i decided i was going to try to cross this stream running out on the edge of the lake. it was all marshy and muddy, but didnt look deep.
so stupid me threw it in 4lo, turned on my lockers and went for it. BIG mistake.

the 5.4 ford v8 wasnt enough to get me unstuck. we only had one chain with us, and thank god the random black man seen in this picture happened to drive by and have a chain with him. we had to hook the 5.4 f150 and a 2013 v6 tacoma to my rear to finally tug me out...

BTW: mud = money. this one hour long outing busted both my cv boots and when it rains my truck bleeds orange no matter what. spend 20 dollars at the do it yourself car wash with a pressure washer and that damn thing is still muddy underneath!
sorry for the crooked pics!!!
Old 08-25-2013, 09:19 PM   #2
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
This is why I don't buy used 4x4s.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:11 PM   #3
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
odd, i wonder what caused your CVs to blow... also the orange, you should probably figure that out
Old 09-12-2013, 07:47 AM   #4
Mr. Midlife Crisis
TacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
TacoAlaMode's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by x2468 View Post
odd, i wonder what caused your CVs to blow... also the orange, you should probably figure that out
Orange = mud

The bumpers, fenders and skids are bad about clumping mud. I also have to direct a steady stream through my cross members to clear them.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:57 AM   #5
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
I know all about that orange. Almost like my truck sweats it sometimes.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:59 AM   #6
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaWill View Post
we only had one chain with us, and thank god the random black man seen in this picture happened to drive by and have a chain with him.
Well aren't you a lucky little bish.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:09 AM   #7
ToyTacosRule has a spectacular aura aboutToyTacosRule has a spectacular aura aboutToyTacosRule has a spectacular aura about
Name: Dane
ToyTacosRule's Tacoma Gallery
The F-150 could have pulled you out if it would have been tugging from its rear instead of the front.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:04 PM   #8
snorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
snorola's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't look like you are on a trail. Remember to tread lightly!
Old 09-15-2013, 10:47 PM   #9
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
Ah... I thought you were talking about coolant or ATF.

Hey you're not to far from me. How's the off-road toyota scene in your neck of the woods? Are you on the TW Southeast Facebook page?
Old 09-16-2013, 01:15 PM   #10
TacomaWill is a splendid one to beholdTacomaWill is a splendid one to beholdTacomaWill is a splendid one to beholdTacomaWill is a splendid one to beholdTacomaWill is a splendid one to beholdTacomaWill is a splendid one to beholdTacomaWill is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2468 View Post
Ah... I thought you were talking about coolant or ATF.

Hey you're not to far from me. How's the off-road toyota scene in your neck of the woods? Are you on the TW Southeast Facebook page?
I assume you're talking to me, but the off road scene here is awesome. Most of my friends all have tacos or 4runners. All lifted up of course.
Lately though, where I live, I've been seeing more and more lifted up jeeps, particularly the newer 4 door wranglers. My brother just bought him one.
But the Toyota off road scene here is awesome. Everyone here knows that if you want a truck that will last through hell and back, you want a Toyota!
Old 09-16-2013, 01:16 PM   #11

And no I'm not a member of that on Facebook.
I am a member of the ga trail riders club though. You should check us out.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:18 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorola View Post
Doesn't look like you are on a trail. Remember to tread lightly!
This is on my private property. Well....my grandparents property. LOL.
And I know I know, I didnt expect to sink like that and tear up the land.
This is why I was so surprised for the random guy to drive by with a chain. No one usually ever comes down this road.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:33 PM   #13

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaWill View Post
And no I'm not a member of that on Facebook.
I am a member of the ga trail riders club though. You should check us out.
Likewise, and will do.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:52 AM   #14
tan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rick
tan4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TailDrag View Post
This is why I don't buy used 4x4s.
This does not make sense to me.
What difference does it make if the OP bought his 8 year old truck new or used?
Old 09-27-2013, 07:56 AM   #15
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tan4x4 View Post
This does not make sense to me.
What difference does it make if the OP bought his 8 year old truck new or used?
He's saying he doesn't buy used 4x4s because people do things like the OP did. Meaning you never know what the truck has been through before you bought it.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:25 AM   #16
JDM is on a distinguished road
Name: Jimmy
JDM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
He's saying he doesn't buy used 4x4s because people do things like the OP did. Meaning you never know what the truck has been through before you bought it.
When I was shopping recently for a new-to-me truck, it was surprising to me how many used trucks on a dealership lot still had a pile of mud/dirt still sitting on the cross members, brackets, etc. of the undercarriage.

Any truck that appeared to have been abused and/or cheaply/poorly modified were immediately removed from my list. For the money I planned to spend, it certainly wouldn't be for something that was questionable.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:54 AM   #17
tan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rick
tan4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
When I was shopping recently for a new-to-me truck, it was surprising to me how many used trucks on a dealership lot still had a pile of mud/dirt still sitting on the cross members, brackets, etc. of the undercarriage.

Any truck that appeared to have been abused and/or cheaply/poorly modified were immediately removed from my list. For the money I planned to spend, it certainly wouldn't be for something that was questionable.
I would agree with this, if the OP got stuck because the truck was abused by the previous owner. He got stuck because he did something careless. He didn't get stuck because his truck was in bad shape, or abused by the PO. He over-estimated the ability of his rig or underestimated the obstacle. I've done it as well, and learned my lesson.

I only buy used cars and trucks (and make sure they are not garbage), maintain them, and have had good luck. Nothing against buying new vehicles, somebody has to, so guys like me can buy that 30k rig for 12k 5 years later.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:25 PM   #18
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
So much for treading lightly...

Way to go.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:28 PM   #19
Augies Adventures
Augie95toy is one of the sharper tools in the shedAugie95toy is one of the sharper tools in the shedAugie95toy is one of the sharper tools in the shedAugie95toy is one of the sharper tools in the shedAugie95toy is one of the sharper tools in the shedAugie95toy is one of the sharper tools in the shedAugie95toy is one of the sharper tools in the shedAugie95toy is one of the sharper tools in the shedAugie95toy is one of the sharper tools in the shedAugie95toy is one of the sharper tools in the shedAugie95toy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Andrew
Augie95toy's Tacoma Gallery
My daily driver after a few days of turkey hunting last spring...Showed up in the parking lot at work on Monday unwashed and with 200,000 miles on the OD.