Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Black Hills, South Dakota Trail Run

Old 09-03-2013, 08:51 AM   #2
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Where were you at? I'm assuming around the Rapid City area on some (relatively new-looking) logging roads.

And you're supposed to have a permit to run those roads? Never heard of such a thing, oops haha
Old 09-03-2013, 07:35 PM   #3
IluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Demolition
IluvTEA's Tacoma Gallery
I live in RC. The trail we found was from Piedmont to Nemo (that's where we got the flag pic). Then we found another trail that looped from Nemo Road back to itself (where we got most of the pics).

Yeah, there is a permit to off road. $20 for 7 days, or $25 for a year. You can pick one up at the Black Hills Visitor Center off exit 61 between the Flying J and Cabela's. They give you free maps too. I downloaded the maps onto my phone and was able to get my GPS feed onto the map to make navigation really simple.

We should get a trail ride organized sometime.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:16 AM   #4
dde0485 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddde0485 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddde0485 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddde0485 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddde0485 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddde0485 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddde0485 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddde0485 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddde0485 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddde0485 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddde0485 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Staff Sergeant, POL
dde0485's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck looks sweet! I definitely want to check this trail out when they open back up, looks like a fun one to ride
Old 01-21-2014, 08:27 PM   #5
IluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Demolition
IluvTEA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dde0485 View Post
Your truck looks sweet! I definitely want to check this trail out when they open back up, looks like a fun one to ride
Hey man, thanks for the compliment. I've been working on my truck for while. I recently added a 2" AAL, cranked up my coilovers and I'm getting my TreadWright 285/75R16 mounted later this week.

I can't wait until the trails open again!
Old 01-22-2014, 07:34 PM   #6
wrat is just really nicewrat is just really nicewrat is just really nicewrat is just really nice
wrat's Tacoma Gallery
Are there many trails around there? The ones here in central WY are mostly rock; it'd be nice to get back to some earthen trails. Are there any routes/maps available online?