Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

46th Tecate SCORE Baja 1000, Nov 14-17

Old 09-13-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
Total Automotive Performance
Chas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chas
Chas of MRT's Tacoma Gallery
46th Tecate SCORE Baja 1000, Nov 14-17

46th Tecate SCORE Baja 1000

• – November 14-17, 2013
  • – Ensenada, Baja Mexico
  • – Use Hashtag #baja1000

Some big changes this year including an 920-925+ mile loop, Bikes are starting the night before the trucks and they are running part of the course that hasnt been used in a long time!

This will be my 6th B1K and something like the 20th+ time Ive gone racing in Mexico. I love the atmosphere down there and cant wait to get back to Baja.

Of the several teams I have worked for some have picked up new trucks, and some have stepped down a class level to save money so I am not yet sure where I will end up, but hopefully back on a Trophy Truck team!

So who is planning to head down to Baja to catch the 1000 this year? Are any of you planning to race, chase or spectate?

Course marking - Diablo dry lake bed.

Roadside Pit for TT7

Roadside Pit for 1006 - Ojos - One manning gas cans like a boss

One of the teams I worked with. PCI Racing TT7
Old 09-13-2013, 05:32 PM   #2
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
I am going to be down there pitting for a class 16 car, with fire guys racing! Can't wait!
Old 09-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #4
deog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud of
Name: snicklefritz
deog's Tacoma Gallery
I have only missed one baja 1000 in 11 years, and if i was not in the hospital i would have been there, even if it was to dump fuel.

started stock full
moved to class 8
spec 8 now.
Attached Thumbnails
46th Tecate SCORE Baja 1000, Nov 14-17-img_1558.jpg   46th Tecate SCORE Baja 1000, Nov 14-17-img_1961.jpg   46th Tecate SCORE Baja 1000, Nov 14-17-img_2017.jpg   46th Tecate SCORE Baja 1000, Nov 14-17-img_1938.jpg   46th Tecate SCORE Baja 1000, Nov 14-17-img_1894.jpg  

Old 09-17-2013, 04:35 PM   #5
Chas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Sweet, my client had won several events and championships in class 8 before moving to TT.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:39 PM   #6
deog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud of
deog's Tacoma Gallery
SO who is going ? speak up. i will be heading down on the 9th.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:38 PM   #7
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
I think that's what day I am heading down. The team rented a house somewhere on the beach. :beer:
Old 10-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #8
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btnewman View Post
I think that's what day I am heading down. The team rented a house somewhere on the beach. :beer:
The 2013 Baja 1000 course isn't a whole lot different than the first SCORE Baja 1000, in 1975 (I was there )... just reverse direction...

Old 10-07-2013, 09:54 AM   #9
deog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
The 2013 Baja 1000 course isn't a whole lot different than the first SCORE Baja 1000, in 1975 (I was there )... just reverse direction...

Very cool find. i was 6 and just mastering my bigwheel around the hair raising corners of the pool. and all i had was emulsion shocks at the time.
Cheers, thanks for a look at the old school map.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:46 PM   #10
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Here is the 1985 Baja 1000 map...

Old 10-07-2013, 02:49 PM   #11

David K's Tacoma Gallery
In 1994, the Baja 1000 started and ended in Mexicali!

Old 10-09-2013, 01:52 PM   #12
I will posted up in San Flip!