Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Square tubing sliders?!

Old 10-16-2013, 01:23 PM   #21
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
I sorta want To get square sliders, my bumpers are gonna be plate, and I think round sliders would look funny.

But 4x inno doesn't make the cheap sliders out of square.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:25 PM   #22
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbui23 View Post
shoulda bought thicker tubing so you can grind down the edges to make them semi round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Understood but I like to build overkill. Makes me feel a helluva lot safer.
Ima still take time designing and welding em together and I don't think they're gonna kink or anything but I know the bottom and such thin wall is gonna get dented to shit lol.
i understand overkill and agree for sure. advantage of this go-round is that you can test out the aesthetics and switch it up the second round if you don't like something.

you really think there will be enough rocks to dent sliders?
Old 10-16-2013, 01:26 PM   #23
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
I sorta want To get square sliders, my bumpers are gonna be plate, and I think round sliders would look funny.

But 4x inno doesn't make the cheap sliders out of square.
every place i've ever gotten steel from, square/box is always more expensive than round
Old 10-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #24
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
every place i've ever gotten steel from, square/box is always more expensive than round
Yeah, I was hoping that with no bending it'd take a shorter amount of time to make.
I might make my own, but my winter break is filling up quick.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #25
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
1. They(meet planners) said I NEED sliders for this place. And I plan on following the people with F/R lockers and full armor in hopes that my short wheel base makes up for the open/open duffs.
2. Truth about the price.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:32 PM   #26
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Square tubing sliders?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
Yeah, I was hoping that with no bending it'd take a shorter amount of time to make.
I might make my own, but my winter break is filling up quick.
Ima make mine with kick outs that will be pretty...noticeable... Since I'm trying to go for a design I haven't seen before

Maybe you'll like or love em and decide you want round ones or maybe it'll just lock in your mind that you want square ones
Old 10-16-2013, 01:36 PM   #28
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Old 10-16-2013, 01:40 PM   #29

Quote:
1. They(meet planners) said I NEED sliders for this place. And I plan on following the people with F/R lockers and full armor in hopes that my short wheel base makes up for the open/open duffs.
2. Truth about the price.
needing sliders and needing sliders because of rocks are two entirely different things. your sliders could save your ass 10 times that weekend and never see a rock.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #30

Quote:
tis a shitload of work, and would severly weaken the tube.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:42 PM   #31
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
tis a shitload of work, and would severly weaken the tube.
yeah i figured that after thinkin about it
Old 10-16-2013, 01:43 PM   #32

Quote:
yeah i figured that after thinkin about it
Old 10-16-2013, 01:44 PM   #33
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
needing sliders and needing sliders because of rocks are two entirely different things. your sliders could save your ass 10 times that weekend and never see a rock.
Well I'm just now getting into serious wheeling so learning how/when to use my sliders will take time. I just wanna be protected from trees and rocks lol
Old 10-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #34
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I honestly don't have high hopes! Lol. If you've ever been a welder/fabricator then you know sometimes you just gotta work with what you got. I plan on buying a bender within the next couple months to make round ones but this wheeling trip came up before I had a chance to buy one. So im pretty much just bolting these on for this trip and they'll proly goto the scrap bin after I get back LOL.

Unless they hold up better than expected. But I doubt it
Yeah, I've done a bit of welding in my day. I do get yo when you talk about working with what you got. I was not aware until reading the additional posts of the thread that you are on a time crunch for a wheeling trip. Gotta do what ya gotta do!
Old 10-18-2013, 11:48 AM   #35
DerpWerx Fab

Well. Here we begin
Old 10-18-2013, 11:49 AM   #36

they're going to be longer than that right?
Old 10-18-2013, 11:55 AM   #37
Running For Mayor of TW

Quote:
and stick out further?
Old 10-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #38
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Overall length of main beam is 56". I only have 42" of flat frame to work with.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #39
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
and stick out further?
Wait young grasshopper. Tis just the main beam. Look up how sliders are made and you'll see.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:04 PM   #40
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Overall length of main beam is 56". I only have 42" of flat frame to work with.
Our reg cab sliders are 9" longer you can make them longer then 56"