Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Square tubing sliders?!

Old 10-18-2013, 12:14 PM   #41
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Our reg cab sliders are 9" longer you can make them longer then 56"
Yea I saw yours mounted on some reg cabs and no offense but they're kinda too far back into the wheel well for me. Plus I'm not trying to get too crazy cause I know tubing isn't gonna look that pretty anyway lol.

Y'all just wait and see how these come out
Old 10-18-2013, 12:19 PM   #42
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Yea I saw yours mounted on some reg cabs and no offense but they're kinda too far back into the wheel well for me. Plus I'm not trying to get too crazy cause I know tubing isn't gonna look that pretty anyway lol.

Too far back you will rethink that when your sliding over a rock and run out of slider to protect your body panels.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #43
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Too far back you will rethink that when your sliding over a rock and run out of slider to protect your body panels.
^^ this
function>Form (didn't you say that in another thread )
Old 10-18-2013, 12:22 PM   #44
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
^^ this
function>Form (didn't you say that in another thread )
he just turned down help from a known fabricator who was kind enough to help him with advice...
Old 10-18-2013, 12:34 PM   #45
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Our reg cab sliders are 9" longer you can make them longer then 56"
Quote:
yup ^^^

My biggest gripe with just about every slider manufacturer is that they are made too short. I absolitely love my 4x-innovations sliders, but i had to compromise with where i centered them on the frame. they just aren't long enough, and they are longer than a lot of other fabricators

i've caught rocks between my front tire and front of the slider, and trees and rocks between the rear tire and rear of the slider. neither is fun, and both are avoidable with a longer slider. i know the frame curves up there, but all you have to do is ad another leg that angles down to reach the slider.

sure, for this set it's not a big deal since they are temporary, but something to think about in the future.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #46
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbui23 View Post
he just turned down help from a known fabricator who was kind enough to help him with advice...
Lol I didn't turn down help at all. I actually listen to him quite a bit. Hell, I tried buyin a tube bender from him lol.

Just got a different idea for these.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #47
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Lol I didn't turn down help at all. I actually listen to him quite a bit. Hell, I tried buyin a tube bender from him lol.

Just got a different idea for these.
just bustin your balls man lol
Old 10-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #48
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Understood completely. But I just got a mental image on how I want these to look and just gonna see how this side looks when it's done. I have spare tubing just incase I do decide to make em longer.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:54 PM   #49
DerpWerx Fab

Just trying to knock these things out. I cheated in a couple corners to save time LOL. (Doesn't affect strength just looks) and now just trying to figure out a kick up for it. Just one side so far. Next one will be a breeze.

Yes my welds are half ground down half buffed lol. Like I said. These are just for one trip.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:12 PM   #50
DerpWerx Fab

Square tubing sliders?!

Commence kickout
Old 10-19-2013, 12:23 AM   #51
DerpWerx Fab

Well... The sliders are primered. Just waiting on em to dry to lay down a couple coats of paint. Pics in leh morning
Old 10-19-2013, 07:43 AM   #52
DerpWerx Fab

So to the people who said "square tubing will look like shit no matter what you do", i think i proved yall wrong
Old 10-19-2013, 09:55 AM   #53
DerpWerx Fab

Old 10-20-2013, 08:20 PM   #54
DerpWerx Fab

Couple days later and im still happy with em.. Im open to opinions people! Did i do good or bad? lol

I took the "square sliders will always look like shit" and said challenge accepted... now did i fail or pass?
Old 10-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #55
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Not bad for square tube. Is the kick up strong enough? It looks like it could use. Diagonal gusset inside it. Wouldn't hurt the looks either.

I had real basic square sliders on my 86. Super thick wall. Very very strong.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #56
Styx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Petty Officer
Name: Terrance
Styx586's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Couple days later and im still happy with em.. Im open to opinions people! Did i do good or bad? lol

I took the "square sliders will always look like shit" and said challenge accepted... now did i fail or pass?

I think they look sick... Great job man I love the kick up!
Old 10-20-2013, 08:34 PM   #57
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Not bad for square tube. Is the kick up strong enough? It looks like it could use. Diagonal gusset inside it. Wouldn't hurt the looks either.

I had real basic square sliders on my 86. Super thick wall. Very very strong.
I wanted to Gusset the kick up but that would require heating and twisting square tubing to fit right which I did not wanna do at 3a.m lol. So Im just gonna run it gusset-less and see how they do. I stuck the kickout out quite a bit so I have 'error' room if I slide into something hard enough.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:36 PM   #58
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styx586 View Post
I think they look sick... Great job man I love the kick up!
Thanks! The sliders themselves were cut and welded together within an hour each... Designing and putting together the lockouts took about 3x that..each side lol. Sucked but they were the 'cherry on top' in my eye.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:55 PM   #59
keylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
keylay's Tacoma Gallery
Are you 4x4? I thought you had a low rider. What did i miss?
Old 10-21-2013, 06:59 PM   #60
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylay View Post
Are you 4x4? I thought you had a low rider. What did i miss?
Nope I'm 4x4