Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Square tubing sliders?!

Old 10-21-2013, 07:06 PM   #61
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Nope I'm 4x4
Lowrider 4x4
Old 10-21-2013, 07:07 PM   #62
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylay View Post
Are you 4x4? I thought you had a low rider. What did i miss?
Old 10-23-2013, 09:38 AM   #63
Mr. Midlife Crisis
TacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
TacoAlaMode's Tacoma Gallery
Looks pretty good. The Demello's come out a bit further than what you have. I prefer them out where mine are. I have made 2 inch groves down ruts where my wheels and sliders where holding the side of my truck off of the banking. Make a good step also. {Edit, just read my post and it sounds like the truck sitting on the ruts, I mean more of the situation I just linked for a second photo.}

Various pictures in my tacomaworld gallery and also in my truck set on flickr. http://www.flickr.com/photos/5450337...7625189153238/

L8G-Duratrac-14 by Roadruck, on Flickr

Markita 2nd run by Roadruck, on Flickr
Old 10-23-2013, 09:43 AM   #64
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoAlaMode View Post
Looks pretty good. The Demello's come out a bit further than what you have. I prefer them out where mine are. I have made 2 inch groves down ruts where my wheels and sliders where holding the side of my truck off of the banking. Make a good step also. {Edit, just read my post and it sounds like the truck sitting on the ruts, I mean more of the situation I just linked for a second photo.}

Various pictures in my tacomaworld gallery and also in my truck set on flickr. http://www.flickr.com/photos/5450337...7625189153238/

L8G-Duratrac-14 by Roadruck, on Flickr

Markita 2nd run by Roadruck, on Flickr
this although it looks bad ass it doesnt seem to stick out far enough but if you think thats going to work for your application then
Old 10-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #65
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery

This is how far they stick out.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:42 AM   #66
Mr. Midlife Crisis
TacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
TacoAlaMode's Tacoma Gallery
I think mine come out an additional 2-3 inches. I haven't consider the perspective that you showed, but have pictured it down the side of the truck. On level ground, I could walk the truck around a tree or rock without getting to the body except for the mirror. Of course, most of the time with a tree, the ground isn't level, so all this is good in theory only. This conversation is also getting to a general "what is best for what purpose for what supposed situation" that is a question for any slider, not just the square tube. Props for making your own and I hope you had a good run on the trail.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:42 AM   #67
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Tested mine out last weeekend!

http://vimeo.com/77984099