Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Square tubing sliders?!

Old 10-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Square tubing sliders?!

I posted this in the general fab thread and not sure how many replies ima get but does anyone have pics of square tubing sliders???
I don't have a CAD or anyway to draw some up for my truck so I'm just trying to get a mental image before ordering steel.
Like I'm not sure if I should use a 1x2 tubing and weld it on its side so the 1" is facing out(left to right) and the 2" is facing up. Or if 2x2" would look good. I know(or atleast think) 1x1 would look too tiny compared to the 2nd gens big body.

Not looking to copy a design cause I know how I want them to look in the end but just wanna see what size tubing other people have used
Old 10-10-2013, 04:01 PM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...k-sliders.html
Old 10-10-2013, 04:04 PM   #4
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-10-2013, 04:07 PM   #5
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Any side pics? The demellos look 'ok' the others aren't my cup of tea.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:02 PM   #6
DerpWerx Fab

nobody has any? This almost motivates me to make em even more just to be different! Lol
Old 10-10-2013, 07:37 PM   #7
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Any side pics? The demellos look 'ok' the others aren't my cup of tea.
A few pics on the Demerol website...
Old 10-10-2013, 07:54 PM   #8

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post

Ill take an IV bag of that with a button please!
Old 10-10-2013, 08:32 PM   #9
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Ill take an IV bag of that with a button please!
Lmao... Fucking autocorrect!
Old 10-10-2013, 09:28 PM   #10
DerpWerx Fab

Im really liking the demellos after seeing em mounted
Old 10-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #11
DerpWerx Fab

Got some material today to start making my temporary set. Just gonna use 2x2 tubing. It's only 1/8 thick as well but I didn't wanna pay alot for the 1/4" since I'm more than likely taking em off after this upcoming trip anyway.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:00 PM   #12
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
make em with a kick out. the square tubing would look cooler that way
Old 10-16-2013, 01:02 PM   #13
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbui23 View Post
make em with a kick out. the square tubing would look cooler that way
I am. Gotta protect that bedside ! Lol. Might even plate em or just throw some expanded metal on em. Who knows
Old 10-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #14
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
I am. Gotta protect that bedside ! Lol. Might even plate em or just throw some expanded metal on em. Who knows
lol too bad nothing protects the bedsides from trees
Old 10-16-2013, 01:05 PM   #15
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
The biggest reason I never went with any square tubing for sliders on my other trucks is because round tubing is more prone to slide, where square tubing will many times get hung up on rocks. Will be interesting to see how they work though!
Old 10-16-2013, 01:10 PM   #16
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
The biggest reason I never went with any square tubing for sliders on my other trucks is because round tubing is more prone to slide, where square tubing will many times get hung up on rocks. Will be interesting to see how they work though!
I honestly don't have high hopes! Lol. If you've ever been a welder/fabricator then you know sometimes you just gotta work with what you got. I plan on buying a bender within the next couple months to make round ones but this wheeling trip came up before I had a chance to buy one. So im pretty much just bolting these on for this trip and they'll proly goto the scrap bin after I get back LOL.

Unless they hold up better than expected. But I doubt it
Old 10-16-2013, 01:16 PM   #17
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
you're probably screwed now that i'm saying this, but from what i've seen for what texas has in terms of wheeling, you'll be fine temporarily with 1/8''. hell, with a single cab, you may be good to go for the long run. a good test/forcast will be to put the hi-lift on them and see what kind of deflection you get.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:16 PM   #18
Running For Mayor of TW

shoulda bought thicker tubing so you can grind down the edges to make them semi round?
Old 10-16-2013, 01:19 PM   #19
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
you're probably screwed now that i'm saying this, but from what i've seen for what texas has in terms of wheeling, you'll be fine temporarily with 1/8''. hell, with a single cab, you may be good to go for the long run. a good test/forcast will be to put the hi-lift on them and see what kind of deflection you get.
Understood but I like to build overkill. Makes me feel a helluva lot safer.
Ima still take time designing and welding em together and I don't think they're gonna kink or anything but I know the bottom and such thin wall is gonna get dented to shit lol.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:19 PM   #20
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbui23 View Post
shoulda bought thicker tubing so you can grind down the edges to make them semi round?
Fail.