LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Trans American Trail?

Old 10-30-2013, 05:56 AM   #21
jhendr3702 is on a distinguished road
Name: jay
jhendr3702's Tacoma Gallery
san diego to knoxville=$1016 foreward air. they picked me up at the airport in knoxville and had ten gallons of gas specially prepared for me. took less than four days to get there. a few of the guys shipped theirs from salt lake to houston and had good experiences too. it the way to ship a bike in the u.s.

his response....
Old 10-30-2013, 07:31 AM   #22
DirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dino
DirtyTacos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhendr3702 View Post
san diego to knoxville=$1016 foreward air. they picked me up at the airport in knoxville and had ten gallons of gas specially prepared for me. took less than four days to get there. a few of the guys shipped theirs from salt lake to houston and had good experiences too. it the way to ship a bike in the u.s.

his response....
Thanks for the info man, much appreciated. That's around what i figured it would cost. hmmmmmm.... very tempting
Old 10-30-2013, 08:11 AM   #23
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyTacos View Post
Thanks for the info man, much appreciated. That's around what i figured it would cost. hmmmmmm.... very tempting

you bet.. there are a few guys around here kicking it around.. there are 2 trails, the other one goes south / north not too far from here.. crosses i40 in nm and goes up into colorado... we could do that easy.. even if we did not do the entire trail...

a few guys have plated ktm 300's. mine is not.. i really think a drz400 would be perfect for it..
Old 10-30-2013, 08:41 AM   #24
DirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhendr3702 View Post
you bet.. there are a few guys around here kicking it around.. there are 2 trails, the other one goes south / north not too far from here.. crosses i40 in nm and goes up into colorado... we could do that easy.. even if we did not do the entire trail...

a few guys have plated ktm 300's. mine is not.. i really think a drz400 would be perfect for it..
Yeah i did some research on that South/north trail that starts in southern Texas and runs to Canada, looks like a god one too, A warm up to the TAT if you will haha. I thinking about beefing up my DRZ.....knobies, saddle bags, bigger tank...
Old 10-30-2013, 11:31 AM   #25
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Need to swing on over to ADVrider forums. Tons of ride reports from people who have done the TAT, and other trails.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:07 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoJosh View Post
Need to swing on over to ADVrider forums. Tons of ride reports from people who have done the TAT, and other trails.
Haven't been there but ill check it out. Thanks man
Old 10-30-2013, 12:16 PM   #27
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Here's the section of Ride Reports. The rest of the website is badass as well.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2
Old 10-30-2013, 12:21 PM   #28
Quote:

yes it is.... i have spent countless hours there...
Old 10-30-2013, 12:25 PM   #29

Quote:

Just what i need....another forum to spend hours on haha, thanks though im gonna look into it.
Old 11-27-2013, 12:59 PM   #30
kendizzle is on a distinguished road

Marines: 0331
Name: wil
kendizzle's Tacoma Gallery
I know this is a month old but I plan on doing this spring of 2015 when I have enough time to ride the whole thing. Never to early to start putting a group together
Old 11-27-2013, 01:06 PM   #31

What's going to be your stead of choice?
Old 11-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #32
kendizzle is on a distinguished road

Marines: 0331
Name: wil
kendizzle's Tacoma Gallery
I really want to take the taco, take the time and enjoy the trip. Set the record for the most tacos on the trail
Old 11-28-2013, 09:00 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendizzle View Post
I really want to take the taco, take the time and enjoy the trip. Set the record for the most tacos on the trail
that would be one hell of a meet and an amazing trip, lets plan it!
Old 11-28-2013, 09:24 AM   #34
The Ayatollah of Asshollah
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
That CO to OR run looks really fun, i'm sure TW members are familiar with parts of this, it would be neat to pull a big run together and do the Rockies thru Moab to the Cascades to the coast run.
Old 11-28-2013, 02:00 PM   #36
Dogs & cats, living together! Mass hysteria!
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery

That's a mine at Animas Forks, on the Alpine Loop around Lake City - Silverton - Ouray, Co. Damn good trip on its own merits. If you're near southwest Colorado, it's an excellent area to explore on foot, bike, and truck.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:51 AM   #37
DolphinJohn is just really niceDolphinJohn is just really niceDolphinJohn is just really niceDolphinJohn is just really nice

DolphinJohn's Tacoma Gallery
I've done the TAT (Tenn. to Moab) twice on bikes. Have yet to do the far western section.
The section in the Ozarks of Arkansas is great but then Oklahoma gets a bit long, flat, and boring to be honest. Then the very short New Mexico section is awesome, followed by Colorado which is as you would expect, fantastic.

This September I did the "Heart of the West" on my KTM 640 Enduro with my friend on his XR600. It's a loop of nearly 3,000 miles through parts of 6 states, CO, WY, MT, ID, UT, NV:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=845500

My ride report is here :
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=915151

A few pics from my HoW ride:

This would be AWESOME in my truck, albeit much more expensive. (my bike gets 55-60 mpg). There is great camping along the way.
It doesn't have the technical passes like the TAT but makes up for it with the epic views, expanses, and the historical aspect of the Oregon Trail, Pony Express, Trans-Continental Railroad, etc.

Old 11-30-2013, 08:50 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DolphinJohn View Post
I've done the TAT (Tenn. to Moab) twice on bikes. Have yet to do the far western section.
The section in the Ozarks of Arkansas is great but then Oklahoma gets a bit long, flat, and boring to be honest. Then the very short New Mexico section is awesome, followed by Colorado which is as you would expect, fantastic.

This September I did the "Heart of the West" on my KTM 640 Enduro with my friend on his XR600. It's a loop of nearly 3,000 miles through parts of 6 states, CO, WY, MT, ID, UT, NV:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=845500

My ride report is here :
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=915151

A few pics from my HoW ride:

This would be AWESOME in my truck, albeit much more expensive. (my bike gets 55-60 mpg). There is great camping along the way.
It doesn't have the technical passes like the TAT but makes up for it with the epic views, expanses, and the historical aspect of the Oregon Trail, Pony Express, Trans-Continental Railroad, etc.

Great pics! looks like a good ride