Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Trans American Trail?

Old 10-28-2013, 07:54 PM   #1
DirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dino
DirtyTacos's Tacoma Gallery
Trans American Trail?

After seeing this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AObw4sFMdQ on Jay Lenos youtube channel i did some research on the trail and found myself stuck to the computer for a couple hours. Anyone done it? or any sections of it? Thinking about planning a trip.

Sorry if this is a repost

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5AObw4sFMdQ?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-28-2013, 09:31 PM   #2
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
They looked a little overpacked for the TAT, considering dudes conquer it with way less, but I guess it's better to be over packed then under.

You'd probably have more fun on the KTM or DRZ. I've been itching to hit it with my XR.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:44 PM   #3
DirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoJosh View Post
They looked a little overpacked for the TAT, considering dudes conquer it with way less, but I guess it's better to be over packed then under.

You'd probably have more fun on the KTM or DRZ. I've been itching to hit it with my XR.
Yeah i would do it on a bike, more fun that way
Old 10-28-2013, 09:45 PM   #4
The Sailing Memebr
anders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
anders99's Tacoma Gallery
Just think how badass it would be if like 20 or more tacos did it
Old 10-28-2013, 09:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by anders99 View Post
Just think how badass it would be if like 20 or more tacos did it
haha start saving vacation days...
Old 10-28-2013, 09:57 PM   #6
Mr. Boombastic
TacoIII will become famous soon enoughTacoIII will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Security forces
Name: Andrew
TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
Ill do it!
Old 10-28-2013, 10:07 PM   #7
The Sailing Memebr
anders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
anders99's Tacoma Gallery
I would be down for it in a couple of years after I armor my baby up
Old 10-29-2013, 02:32 PM   #8
jhendr3702 is on a distinguished road
Name: jay
jhendr3702's Tacoma Gallery
one of my motorcycle riding buds just did the tat.. he was on an honda xr.. he lives in cali.. sent the bike to jelico.. they had a conflict of personalities and few injuries and did not make it all the way, but he said it was a blast
Old 10-29-2013, 02:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhendr3702 View Post
one of my motorcycle riding buds just did the tat.. he was on an honda xr.. he lives in cali.. sent the bike to jelico.. they had a conflict of personalities and few injuries and did not make it all the way, but he said it was a blast

sounds like they had some bad luck. Your buddy do it on an Xr 650?
Old 10-29-2013, 03:00 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyTacos View Post
sounds like they had some bad luck. Your buddy do it on an Xr 650?

yes xr650.. they made it a long way... got into that big rain storm in colorado that flooded everything.. he said it was miserable..

he sent me pixs where he buried the entire back wheel on the xr a couple of times.. just too heavy .. but no mechanical issues at all...

someday...
Old 10-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #11

Quote:
yes xr650.. they made it a long way... got into that big rain storm in colorado that flooded everything.. he said it was miserable..

he sent me pixs where he buried the entire back wheel on the xr a couple of times.. just too heavy .. but no mechanical issues at all...

someday...
Yeah the body will give out long before an Xr will haha their indestructible.

sounds way too heavy...

some day
Old 10-29-2013, 03:18 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyTacos View Post
Yeah the body will give out long before an Xr will haha their indestructible.

sounds way too heavy...

some day

i have the pixs at home.. i will post it tonight..
Old 10-29-2013, 04:01 PM   #13

Quote:
i have the pixs at home.. i will post it tonight..
please do!
Old 10-29-2013, 04:01 PM   #14
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-29-2013, 04:16 PM   #15
Canazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
Canazes9's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd.

I could be down for this!

David
Old 10-29-2013, 04:17 PM   #16

http://www.transamtrail.com/frequent...ns-faqs/#first

Read the FAQs!
Old 10-29-2013, 05:39 PM   #17

Old 10-29-2013, 05:42 PM   #18
I don't remember what he said it cost to ship the bike out there.. he lives in san diego.. he has a few more pixs, my internet at home is SLOW..... I think that is a once in a lifetime trip..

someday..........
Old 10-29-2013, 06:11 PM   #19

Quote:
I don't remember what he said it cost to ship the bike out there.. he lives in san diego.. he has a few more pixs, my internet at home is SLOW..... I think that is a once in a lifetime trip..

someday..........

wow man those are some good pics! it seriously is a once in a lifetime trip. Yeah im interested in how much shipping the bike costs.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:25 PM   #20
I will find out..