Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

RTT Mods

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-29-2014, 08:21 AM   #242
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
all i gotta say is fuck the cold.
x2
Old 01-29-2014, 11:49 AM   #243
NoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
NoSoup4You's Tacoma Gallery
subbed!

I'm actually selling my All-Pro Pack Rack for short bed if anyone is interested.
Need to make a custom rack now that I'm getting rear LT
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ed-welded.html
Old 01-29-2014, 03:13 PM   #244
The Slow But Getting Somewhere Build
tacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AC-130W Crew Chief
Name: Dane
tacodane's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSoup4You View Post
subbed!

I'm actually selling my All-Pro Pack Rack for short bed if anyone is interested.
Need to make a custom rack now that I'm getting rear LT
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ed-welded.html
I'm selling mine as well. Need a camper shell for my truck
Old 02-21-2014, 09:15 PM   #245
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
I've thought about led strips. But you gotta have quick disconnects on wiring to battery, are you also running a deep cycle battery or separate power
Old 02-21-2014, 09:28 PM   #246
mbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mbmack1's Tacoma Gallery
Subd cuz I'll have one by next month!
Old 02-21-2014, 10:09 PM   #247
Quantum731 is on a distinguished road

Quantum731's Tacoma Gallery
Love my setup. Have a modified CDN M101 trailer with an OzTrail 375OR tent. Added 3 zones of LED strip lights on dimmers with AC/DC power. I have gotten spoiled with them, great to have all the light you need. Working on adding a solar setup as well.

Old 02-21-2014, 10:16 PM   #248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
NICE! Thats the first trailer tent I have seen in action. Thats a damn house! haha. Who makes that one?
Here you go. http://oztrailnorthamerica.com/OR375_OR.html I had a regular RTT previously but having a little boy to tag along, that sleeps in a pack n play still, + 2 big dogs, I had to figure out more room. Lol

I also have the sunroom walls and floor so it is really huge, and protected from the elements...
Old 02-21-2014, 10:17 PM   #249

Here is my old setup, same trailer but on 35's.

Old 02-21-2014, 10:32 PM   #250

Thanks, and will do. I love sharing what I have learned over the past few years with the evolution of the trailer/tent setup. Getting ready to make some big investments on it myself. But it is good to be able to answer questions for folks as well. I didn't have many people to ask so I try to give back as much as I can.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:32 AM   #251
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennett707 View Post
I've thought about led strips. But you gotta have quick disconnects on wiring to battery, are you also running a deep cycle battery or separate power
You're overthinking it way too much. All I have for power supply to my tent lights and other accessories is a long wire connected to a 12volt plug. When I set up camp I pull the wire out of the tent through the hole at the hinge, open the door to the truck, plug it into an always hot 12v outlet, then close the door. When it's time to put the tent away I coil up the wire in the tent. LEDs draw hardly any amps so you shouldn't have a problem draining the battery unless you leave the lights on for a really long time without starting the truck.

If my tent stayed on my truck 100% of the time and I wanted to hard wire it I could run wiring to the roof and use a weather pack connector like Hagen posted a link too, but I don't see a need for that. Plus I can always use the tent on another vehicle and my 12v cord will still work.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:02 AM   #252
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum731 View Post
Love my setup. Have a modified CDN M101 trailer with an OzTrail 375OR tent. Added 3 zones of LED strip lights on dimmers with AC/DC power. I have gotten spoiled with them, great to have all the light you need. Working on adding a solar setup as well.

HOLY SHIT!

that's fucking awesome! bet that takes a bit to setup, but damn that's a slick setup!
Old 02-22-2014, 09:21 AM   #253

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
You're overthinking it way too much. All I have for power supply to my tent lights and other accessories is a long wire connected to a 12volt plug. When I set up camp I pull the wire out of the tent through the hole at the hinge, open the door to the truck, plug it into an always hot 12v outlet, then close the door. When it's time to put the tent away I coil up the wire in the tent. LEDs draw hardly any amps so you shouldn't have a problem draining the battery unless you leave the lights on for a really long time without starting the truck.

If my tent stayed on my truck 100% of the time and I wanted to hard wire it I could run wiring to the roof and use a weather pack connector like Hagen posted a link too, but I don't see a need for that. Plus I can always use the tent on another vehicle and my 12v cord will still work.
I use the DC modular plugs that are pretty standard on the LED strips. And you can buy a 20 pack of those waterproof connectors from the manufacturer for around $15 if you really want to go that route. I also added a set of inline dimmers for each of the 3 LED strips. I will draw up a pic but it is:

Battery or AC Power supply --> 3-Way Modular Splitter --> Dimmer Switch --> LED Strip. There are some great marine-grade USB and 12v connectors as well that I have and intend to mount flush next to the mattress. Blue Sea makes great stuff and is quite affordable. Used them for battery switches, distribution/fuse blocks, etc... Makes for nice clean wiring, flexibility, and quick setup when you get where you are going.

If you are worried about power, don't be. I use an old lawnmower battery I had kicking around and with the dimmer/LED setup, draw is very very low. I have yet to drain that questionable battery even after 3-4 days... Lol
Old 02-22-2014, 09:25 AM   #254

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
HOLY SHIT!

that's fucking awesome! bet that takes a bit to setup, but damn that's a slick setup!
Hahaha thanks. In reality, if you just do the main tent and not the sunroom, it takes about 10 minutes to setup. Very smart design. Basically identical in setup time to my old RTT setup (Camping Lab RTT). The sunroom takes another 45 minutes with a beer in hand and a kid to watch.

Like I said, this weekend I will write-up my build to share because I have put so much research and thought into it, I hope others can benefit. This can be so expensive I was always paranoid about making bad choices and wasting money. Lol
Old 03-10-2014, 09:08 PM   #255
Toyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Toyanvil's Tacoma Gallery
I added LED strips into my RTT track, they fit perfect. My RTT is mounted on top of the trailer I built. I still need to build a switch/battery box, I am using a 12 volt battery from a rechargeable drill. So far it looks like it will work. Should make it a lot easier to load and unload at night.

Had to make jumpers to go around the mounting bolts.

Old 03-10-2014, 09:10 PM   #256
BabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Infantry
BabyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
That's pretty smart. Clean install too...
Old 03-15-2014, 04:06 PM   #257
Toyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Toyanvil's Tacoma Gallery
Just got the switch/battery box all done.

Old 03-15-2014, 04:20 PM   #258
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Nice switch setup! I've been trying to figure out how to make a switch panel for the bed of the truck...
Old 04-27-2014, 01:47 PM   #259
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Made a little gear hanger/organizer thing today. I hate having to search around for my glasses and keys so hanging them from the ceiling should make them easy to find.
It sags a little more than I'd care for but it should work just fine. I don't plan on having a ton of weight hanging from it so hopefully it won't get any worse

Old 04-27-2014, 01:50 PM   #260
BabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Infantry
BabyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
What did you use for the strap? Maybe you could used velcro to hold it up better?

My tent has 2 large pockets and 2 smaller pockets. Why not use them?

Products Discussed in this Thread