Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

RTT Mods

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-27-2014, 02:53 PM   #241
SUPER-ER MOD
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTaco View Post
What did you use for the strap? Maybe you could used velcro to hold it up better?

My tent has 2 large pockets and 2 smaller pockets. Why not use them?
its nylon webbing with velcro straps around the tent pole.
my tent has pockets too but i'm paranoid about crushing my glasses in the middle of the night so i like to have them up and out of the way
Old 04-27-2014, 02:59 PM   #242
SUPER-ER MOD
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
I also bought a big agnes gear loft on clearance that i'm hoping to modify to store my shoes in at night. i hope to be able to have it underneath the tent, out of the weather, so i don't have to bring my icky shoes inside. adding some longer straps should do the trick
this is the loft
Old 04-27-2014, 03:02 PM   #243
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
Yes the shoe problem is annoyong. Either in the tent getting mud errywere or mildewed in the morning
Old 04-27-2014, 03:06 PM   #244
BabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Infantry
BabyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have a trash bag or a small box I set by the door. I sit with my feet outside the tent, take my shoes off, bang the dirt off, and then stuff them in the bag.

When I had the overhang I just tied the laces together and hung them off of it. I haven't had a real problem with getting the tent dirty other then having some dirt on my pants.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:30 PM   #245
SUPER-ER MOD

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennett707 View Post
Yes the shoe problem is annoyong. Either in the tent getting mud errywere or mildewed in the morning
I usually wear crocs in camp - they're easy to get on/off and have almost no tread so not a lot sticks to them. but i still end up with some crud in my tent. i'm sure some of it is from the ladder too - whatever is stuck to the ladder when you close things up will eventually shake off into the open end of the tent as you travel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTaco View Post
I have a trash bag or a small box I set by the door. I sit with my feet outside the tent, take my shoes off, bang the dirt off, and then stuff them in the bag.

When I had the overhang I just tied the laces together and hung them off of it. I haven't had a real problem with getting the tent dirty other then having some dirt on my pants.
I keep my shoes on something - a box, newspaper, etc - but i still have some dirt or pine needles in the tent. hanging them outside would be nice - that's what Jason does IIRC - but without the overhang I'd be afraid they'd be filled up with rainwater in the morning
Old 04-27-2014, 06:25 PM   #246
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
I keep my shoes on something - a box, newspaper, etc - but i still have some dirt or pine needles in the tent. hanging them outside would be nice - that's what Jason does IIRC - but without the overhang I'd be afraid they'd be filled up with rainwater in the morning
Dry shoes...clean tent.

Old 04-27-2014, 07:15 PM   #247
SUPER-ER MOD

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Dry shoes...clean tent.

That's the same basic idea I've got, just closer to the bottom of the tent
Old 04-27-2014, 07:19 PM   #248
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Dry shoes...clean tent.

Send me the link to that.. I NEED that haha, i tied my shoes under my overhang and in the middle of the night( had to take a piss) i dropped a shoe.. and it was raining like hell lol.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:04 PM   #249
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
Send me the link to that.. I NEED that haha, i tied my shoes under my overhang and in the middle of the night( had to take a piss) i dropped a shoe.. and it was raining like hell lol.

I puked in my g/fs boot a couple weeks ago because it was on the ground directly below the door to the tent...

Old 04-27-2014, 08:06 PM   #250
SUPER-ER MOD

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
I hope you bought her new boots
Old 04-27-2014, 08:09 PM   #251
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
I hope you bought her new boots

I cleaned them quite thoroughly.

but they've been in the garage since then...
Old 05-18-2014, 11:20 PM   #252
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
So I got a little bit of work done on the RTT today

Added these vacuum line covers to the bottom of the RTT mounting bolts

And one of them switched out and used eye bolts and a Bolt pad lock (keyed to the truck key). I had to rotate one of the eye bolts because the Bolt pad locks only come in 2" shackle lengths.

Added some protection to the RTT cover when the ladder is extended
before:

after:

another shot

shoe holder
Old 05-19-2014, 07:48 AM   #253

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
How did you get a padlock keyed to the truck key?
Old 05-19-2014, 08:30 AM   #254
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
How did you get a padlock keyed to the truck key?
That brand has a line with several different locks

http://www.boltlock.com/product-tag/toyota/
Old 05-19-2014, 10:52 PM   #255
Bearded Bandit
RigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RigidTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Subd
Old 05-20-2014, 06:03 AM   #256

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
That brand has a line with several different locks

http://www.boltlock.com/product-tag/toyota/
That's pretty slick!
Old 08-14-2014, 08:24 PM   #257
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
Had mine for 6 months already destroyed a set of mounting rails, replaced.

Have some major damage where the ladder sits on the base and bad puncture the bottom otherside somehow Going to add a sheet of diamond plate to the bottom for protection.

I also have a OZ trail light

http://www.campingcentral.com.au/pro...ight-Lamp.html
Old 08-15-2014, 03:42 PM   #258
Bearded Bandit
RigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RigidTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon93 View Post
Thats Negative 31.6667 for you northern folk
Thanks Chief, on the pictures i notice it says -31.7.... Now im just confused. Time to get a beer and play with my duct tape and flannel.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:17 PM   #259
i8boots is on a distinguished road
i8boots's Tacoma Gallery
Before I get my hopes up on getting a RTT I want to make sure it's something I can use. I checked a few of the tent sites, and they state to check the mount / rack / trailer to determine how much weight it can hold. What about the extended area over the ladder? How is weight on that area supported? Could a large man like myself (280 lbs) cause the floor / extension to collapse?

If I go camping with two friends (about 800 lbs of people in the tent), going to be too much for anything but a custom rack? How would I go about rating racks to determine this capacity? I'm thinking something that uses the bedrails is not going to work, am I wrong?
Old 08-15-2014, 07:10 PM   #260
Boogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phoenix
Boogyman's Tacoma Gallery
Where can I get a generic RTT?
I think cam got one but idk where I can get one

Products Discussed in this Thread