Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

RTT Mods

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-07-2014, 08:09 PM   #261
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
More mods....

I found that the telescoping ladder wants to open up all the way when opening the tent and always have move the upper steps up. Part of this is due to the fact my tent is on a trailer and lower to the ground than most. So I strapped the upper steps together with an old snowboard leash. Any strap would work, just what I had handy. Easy, free, and works perfectly.

Also I found I was always hanging misc stuff off the the rainfly rods, and they aren't exactly in the right spot. So I took some 550 cord and tied it into a single knot. The knot fits perfectly inside the aluminum tracks used for the annex.

12" of 550 cord

Tied into a knot

Got the knot as tight as I could with the help of a vice

Slide it into the annex channel and give it a little tug

Slide them anywhere down the channel you need to hang something. No need to remove them when folding the tent up. They are out of the way and don't interfere with the cover.
Also, I hung off one cord like a monkey, so weight wise it should hold anything I need it to.

Old 09-07-2014, 08:24 PM   #262
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
Great addition, stealing it to add a shoe net under the ladder.

Edit: ha, just looked at the previous page...
Old 10-17-2014, 06:40 PM   #263
SUPER-ER MOD
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
For those of you with wandering anti-booty mats...no idea if this will work but in theory it should. I sewed a 1" d-ring to the top of the mat where the velcro strips that hold the mattress in place are then slid the velcro through the ring. Assuming the velcro stays attached to the bottom of the mattress the booty mat should stay put.

Products Discussed in this Thread