Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

RTT Mods

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-31-2013, 09:30 AM   #1
The Slow But Getting Somewhere Build
tacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AC-130W Crew Chief
Name: Dane
tacodane's Tacoma Gallery
RTT Mods

So I know there is a thread on expeditionportal.com but why not start one here. If there is one on here I couldn't find one. Anyways all those members with Roof Top Tents, post your mods for your tents or setups. Any lighting ways to keep warm or cool on those crazy hot and freezing nights, awnings and cooking setups. Tools you always keep on you while you take your trips etc. Anything that has helped you with camping or going on adventures. Pictures are always welcomed.

I do not have an rtt yet but will march/april 2014,
but would like ideas so I can get prepared
Old 10-31-2013, 05:10 PM   #2
tacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shed

No on has done mods or has some type of custom setup for camping?
Old 10-31-2013, 05:46 PM   #3
nat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nat's Tacoma Gallery
I bought some strip led lights, put them in a plastic tube and attached a lamp switch to the cord. It goes on the top metal hoop in the nylon loops from the flat webbing. It gets power from the truck bed. Light gets stored in the tent.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:03 PM   #4

that's not a bad idea.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:36 PM   #5
H0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant future
H0LLYW00D's Tacoma Gallery
I got a small LED light that hangs off the upper support bar and is powered by a solar battery pack. I also use a set of Thermarest air mattresses for extra comfort and keeps me warmer at night.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:58 PM   #6

No other rtt mods or custom camping gear set ups?
Old 11-02-2013, 02:11 PM   #7
H0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant future
H0LLYW00D's Tacoma Gallery
I have to confess I have a new setup coming in 2 weeks but not posting anything detailed about it until it arrives so i have pictures.
Old 11-02-2013, 03:17 PM   #8

good to hear. deff post pics of setup and of any planned mods
Old 11-11-2013, 10:48 AM   #9

No one else has chimed in here. I know there a lot of people on tw with RTT's and some custom camping set ups
Old 11-11-2013, 10:51 AM   #10
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd

Heres my setup

After camping a few weeks ago, I need to light up the inside somehow at night and find a way to get a heater or something cause i was freezing lol.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Sub'd

Heres my setup

After camping a few weeks ago, I need to light up the inside somehow at night and find a way to get a heater or something cause i was freezing lol.
Aha ya cant wait for my rtt. But there were a fews members who have a light strip on the center pole and wired it down and had a switch. ya I plan on having an annex so my heater would be down near the ladder. Ive sub'd to your build, got a nice truck
Old 11-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #12
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
I have an RTT as of yesterday and will sub to get ideas, ive already been thinking of adding light to the inside at night(prob get a portable LED lantern) and thats about it. I'll prob sleep in it tonite to get a feel for it.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
I have an RTT as of yesterday and will sub to get ideas, ive already been thinking of adding light to the inside at night(prob get a portable LED lantern) and thats about it. I'll prob sleep in it tonite to get a feel for it.
What did you end up getting?
Old 11-11-2013, 01:50 PM   #14
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacodane View Post
Aha ya cant wait for my rtt. But there were a fews members who have a light strip on the center pole and wired it down and had a switch. ya I plan on having an annex so my heater would be down near the ladder. Ive sub'd to your build, got a nice truck
Thanks man ! Actually might put a little led somewhere on top of the ladder as well to see all the steps while climbing up or down it at night after having a few too many beers lol.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:56 PM   #15
sander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
sander1036's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Old 11-11-2013, 03:07 PM   #16

That's not a bad idea either
Old 11-11-2013, 03:19 PM   #17
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacodane View Post
What did you end up getting?
I managed to find an non-branded RTT locally for around 700$

I opened it up and was impressed. I finally own my own RTT and can quit drooling over everyone elses haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sander1036 View Post
Old 11-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #18

Quote:
I managed to find an non-branded RTT locally for around 700$

I opened it up and was impressed. I finally own my own RTT and can quit drooling over everyone elses haha

pictures or you lying!

Products Discussed in this Thread