Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Temecula Off roading

Old 11-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #1
Grund72 is on a distinguished road
Marines: Sgt
Grund72's Tacoma Gallery
Temecula Off roading

I found a spot off Rainbow Canyon Road with pretty decent moderate to difficult trails. Im just wondering if anyone has been here and has any tips, pics, what have you? Also Im running with a stock suspension right now on a 4x4 long bed. My only "mods" include dropping the mud flaps and throwing on 265/75 16s. Very excited, this will be my first time out in the new taco. Hopefully I will have some good pics for you guys after I go.

Any advice or tips from people who have been here is very welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Temecula Off roading-cropped-shot.jpg  
Old 11-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #2
FEARFACT is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: Matt
FEARFACT's Tacoma Gallery
i used to live over off the 79N past the airport and wanted to explore the area. only thing i can tell you is what i was told by locals. for one, there is no public property around there, you will be trespassing, there are also alot of legal issues w/offroading in those areas, alot of fines and criminal charge potential.. all and all- not worth it...
make a trip up to cleghorn- not far and completely legal or over to cleveland national forest off of the ortega highway, agaisn not far and legal. they are both stocker friendly with places to play- cleveland is primarily fire road type exploring, cleghorn is trail.
i haven't been out to either of those in probably 5 years or more and PCS'd to NC 2 years ago.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:51 PM   #3
Grund72 is on a distinguished road
Marines: Sgt
Grund72's Tacoma Gallery
I had no idea there were legal issues! I saw no signage when I first scouted the area. I went out with a buddy on Sat and there were 3 other drivers and a whole mess of mountain bikers. But thanks for the heads up and the suggestion! I probably wont be going back. Sucks though because it was a fun little place.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:57 PM   #4
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Palomar divide is close too. I haven't been up there for a couple years though.