Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Trail damage. Do you have any? Pics

View Poll Results: Do you have any trail damage?
Yes, tons who cares its a truck 18 13.14%
A couple dents 45 32.85%
I've earn my trail stripes 65 47.45%
My truck is as clean as the day I bought her. 30 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2013, 01:00 PM   #21
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
darn tight trails......

Old 11-08-2013, 01:33 PM   #23
HARD CAAAAAAARRRRRRRL
Papa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
Papa Taco's Tacoma Gallery

damn you sharktopus!!!!
Old 11-08-2013, 01:58 PM   #24
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Taco View Post

damn you sharktopus!!!!
Looks like sliders are in your future
Old 11-08-2013, 02:11 PM   #25
HARD CAAAAAAARRRRRRRL
Papa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
Papa Taco's Tacoma Gallery
just finished welding dem up last night haha
Old 11-08-2013, 02:24 PM   #26
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Same problem I had...too late!
Old 11-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #27
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
Name: Brady
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
Too much/many to begin to list. That's what wheeling in the Midwest and east will do to a truck.

My doors all still seal, and I have all my glass...I'm good.

You west coasters don't know how lucky you are to have such WIDE open trails everywhere.
Yeah. I try to avoid the trees! haha
Old 11-08-2013, 04:43 PM   #28
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
darn tight trails......

Tell me about it... Everytime with this guy I swear

Old 11-12-2013, 03:28 PM   #29
TRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TRD 09's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-23-2013, 03:16 PM   #31
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
Landed the crossmember on a rock.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:46 PM   #32
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Big sluice lefts it's mark

Old 12-24-2013, 10:21 AM   #33
tired
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Big sluice lefts it's mark

I don't know what it is about the differences in tubing used on sliders, but I'm really surprised at how many set of sliders I've been seeing with dented tubes lately.

I'm really not trying to badmouth any particular type of slider or promote another, it's just an observation. I know you guys are wheeling hard (i.e. the Rubicon. I've done it several times and know what it's about) but I see a lot of dented sliders these days. I have taken some seriously hard hits to my sliders over the years on both my Tacoma and my LC and I've never dented a tube. I wonder what the difference is with materials? I know that mine are made from 1035 DOM not sure what others are using.
Old 12-24-2013, 10:42 AM   #34
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
This is all I've got so far. Before I had sliders of course.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:54 AM   #35
BroBraBlahBlah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
I don't know what it is about the differences in tubing used on sliders, but I'm really surprised at how many set of sliders I've been seeing with dented tubes lately.

I'm really not trying to badmouth any particular type of slider or promote another, it's just an observation. I know you guys are wheeling hard (i.e. the Rubicon. I've done it several times and know what it's about) but I see a lot of dented sliders these days. I have taken some seriously hard hits to my sliders over the years on both my Tacoma and my LC and I've never dented a tube. I wonder what the difference is with materials? I know that mine are made from 1035 DOM not sure what others are using.
These are stubbs sliders, and they've held up really well. I was squeezing between a big tree, and a massive rock. I had no idea I punched it in. I didn't slam down into anything either. Just crawling super slow pushing between the tree and rock. I don't think they're DOM tubing though. Dom may have not crushed and saved the scratches/dent on the door. But they saved the door as it. Ive out them through some really tough stuff. My next sliders will be DOM for sure. Thinking 4xinnovations diy.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:01 AM   #36
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
These are stubbs sliders, and they've held up really well. I was squeezing between a big tree, and a massive rock. I had no idea I punched it in. I didn't slam down into anything either. Just crawling super slow pushing between the tree and rock. I don't think they're DOM tubing though. Dom may have not crushed and saved the scratches/dent on the door. But they saved the door as it. Ive out them through some really tough stuff. My next sliders will be DOM for sure. Thinking 4xinnovations diy.

Deflection and denting concerns were why I refused to settle for anything but hybrid style, DOM tubed stuff when I had mine done. The square legs are a huge bonus for preventing deflection. I've still managed to pick up my share of trail damage, but it's nothing the sliders would've helped, because they were on at the time . They've been beat to hell and not a single ding. Couldn't be happier.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:18 AM   #37
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
Slid onto a tree,

Did this to the rear pass door. Put my sliders that had been sitting in my garage for months on the next week.

Took a terrible approach (there wasn't a good one)

now its bumper time!

Pinstriped it the second day I had it... It's black so I gave up. It looks amazing washed and waxed... at about 10 feet away

Oh, and my crappy stock skid is shot to shit. So deformed I can barely force it back into place when I have to take it off
Old 12-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #38
tired
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I think I know exactly the spot you're talking about where that happened.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:53 AM   #39
BroBraBlahBlah

This spot here?

Old 12-25-2013, 12:08 PM   #40
BCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
BCTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
where is this trail ?