Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Trail damage. Do you have any? Pics

View Poll Results: Do you have any trail damage?
Yes, tons who cares its a truck 19 13.67%
A couple dents 45 32.37%
I've earn my trail stripes 66 47.48%
My truck is as clean as the day I bought her. 30 21.58%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-25-2013, 12:23 PM   #41
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Rubicon Trail, California
Old 12-25-2013, 12:28 PM   #42
BCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
BCTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
right on.
Old 12-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #43
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Rubicon Trail, California
Yeah I know, I meant I am pretty sure I know the big tree and the rock you're talking about that is about halfway down the big sluice. Had lots of fun in that section many times.
Old 12-25-2013, 02:17 PM   #44
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I can't wait to do it again. Rubicon & dusy ershim trip would be fun
Old 12-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #45
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery
Most noteable:

Have a dent on the roof, drivers side xtra cab, and my bedsides have been ponded out more times than Jenna Jamison.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:31 PM   #46
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
This spot here?

Yep, looks like it.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:37 PM   #47
AKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to behold

Name: RETODD
AKTACO420's Tacoma Gallery
Damn trees seem to be on the hunt for tacomas. The ones that seem to get me are tree stumps. I've be stuck on two of them now both of them were up in between the cross members and I couldn't move forward or back. Now I carry a hi lift and some wood for putting under the tires to make a ramp
Old 01-03-2014, 08:58 AM   #48
tan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rick
tan4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Salty View Post
Just saying those bumpers are total shit, bend super easy. Your bumper though, man you really put the whoop ass on that thing
That 'total shit' bumper did exactly what it was designed to do. Sacrifice itself and protect the sheet metal, tail gate and frame.

If he had a very stout, overbuilt, aftermarket bumper, he might have transferred that damage to the frame.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:23 AM   #49
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tan4x4 View Post
That 'total shit' bumper did exactly what it was designed to do. Sacrifice itself and protect the sheet metal, tail gate and frame.

If he had a very stout, overbuilt, aftermarket bumper, he might have transferred that damage to the frame.
Sacrificed itself right into my tailgate... Luckily it was only a little dent.

and I have a solid aftermarket one that I beat on the constantly and the frame is just fine. When I did that to my rear bumper there was no hard hit or anything, just light scrapings on rocks so there was no damage to transfer to the frame...

Old 01-03-2014, 11:41 PM   #50
AKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to behold

Name: RETODD
AKTACO420's Tacoma Gallery
Yea stock bumper is crap if it were stout it wouldn't have broken my tail light
Old 01-15-2014, 07:44 PM   #52
T4coma is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
T4coma's Tacoma Gallery
I recently got a dent next to the passenger tail light

No me gusta...

Old 01-15-2014, 07:45 PM   #53
BroBraBlahBlah

Gave a bank a hug. Tried to fit through a really tight rut. It was that high on both sides. I made it pretty far until my front bumper started gnawing on a log sticking out of the side. When I reversed out, I ended up like this. I really wanted to go the hard way though.

I'll be able to pop most of it out.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:58 PM   #54
adamv22 has a spectacular aura aboutadamv22 has a spectacular aura aboutadamv22 has a spectacular aura about

Marines: V22 Flightline Mech
Name: adam
adamv22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post

Trees love the driver side of my truck...
So.....im not the only one..
Old 01-15-2014, 08:44 PM   #55
<3
Dunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
Dunkoma's Tacoma Gallery
Got some minor dings from getting myself unstuck from this.

Old 01-19-2014, 12:16 AM   #56
ThatguyJZ has a spectacular aura aboutThatguyJZ has a spectacular aura aboutThatguyJZ has a spectacular aura about
Name: Jim
ThatguyJZ's Tacoma Gallery
Tried to go up an embankment today, something that back when I had my S10 ZR2 would have been a non-issue. Learned the disadvantages to having a longer wheelbase pretty quick even though I only have a DCSB. High centered on it, thought for a minute I might be stuck but fortunately not. Getting up it I also dragged my receiver tow hook into the ground. Solidified my movement towards a lift/tires/skids/sliders that much more.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:50 PM   #57
Card1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1371 Combat Engineer, leave in july (currently highschool senior)
Card1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
Sacrificed itself right into my tailgate... Luckily it was only a little dent.

and I have a solid aftermarket one that I beat on the constantly and the frame is just fine. When I did that to my rear bumper there was no hard hit or anything, just light scrapings on rocks so there was no damage to transfer to the frame...

That rear bumper is badass! Did you make it or buy it like that??
As for me, i lost my first truck to a gravel road. got sun blind, saw the road again, floored it, fish tailed, banked it, slow roll.

As for my current rig, the dumbass at the shop gave me 8" wide rims rather than the 7's, $20 more and i went over a pile of dirt and hit my fenders. gives it the bubble look but i don't like it too much lol. i'd rather just get the prerunner fenders that were made to bulge out.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:01 PM   #58
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Card1 View Post
That rear bumper is badass! Did you make it or buy it like that??
Skinkwerks bumper. As far as I know it is still a one-off since no one else has ordered one from Ben again. They all order front bumpers and sliders. haha

It's tough as shit! I beat on it regularly! haha
Old 01-21-2014, 08:18 PM   #59
CohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
CohbsTaco's Tacoma Gallery
This thread makes me feel better about myself.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:22 AM   #60
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery