Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Trail damage. Do you have any? Pics

View Poll Results: Do you have any trail damage?
Yes, tons who cares its a truck 19 13.57%
A couple dents 46 32.86%
I've earn my trail stripes 66 47.14%
My truck is as clean as the day I bought her. 30 21.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2013, 11:22 AM   #1
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
Trail damage. Do you have any? Pics

Post you pics of damage and how it happened. I think people might be want to know what can happen on the trail.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:57 AM   #2
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
This is the only pic I have. I didnt see a dry creekbed and went through it too fast. My skid is beat up pretty bad with this and other dents/scratches. I also have a lot of brush scratches on the paint. Nothing else yet though.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:21 PM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Bolt-on Round Tube Steps = $150
(bent the shit out of them)

Weld-on Square Tube Rock Sliders = Priceless

***After being high centered way too many times in this truck, I retired it to daily driving duties and built a Jeep Wrangler for the trails.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #4
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Fortunately no heavy damage as of yet but there are a few scratches and dents that have happened over the last couple years.

More bumper and skid dragging

Comes from doing this crap

wheels get lots of rock rash

of course the sliders and skids take a beating

Old 11-06-2013, 03:27 PM   #5
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Adam, that's what all of that steel is there for!

Panels, wheels and skid/sliders. My bumpers are both shot as well, barely holding on.

edit: missed the part about how; panel scratch was from a bad spotter letting me slide into a rock and then had no choice bit to drive out. Same panel then popped off from tire rubbage, which also shredded the tire on a different part of the fender. Link mount, not sure, a rock somewhere.

Old 11-06-2013, 05:24 PM   #6
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Skid plates an sliders dont count as trail damage. That's cute though.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #7
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Skid plates an sliders dont count as trail damage. That's cute though.

Fucking awesome
Old 11-06-2013, 05:30 PM   #8
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hey you make 2012 style bumpers?
Old 11-06-2013, 05:31 PM   #9
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
Yep
Old 11-06-2013, 05:36 PM   #10
I am the one who knocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalduckslayer View Post
Yep
Old 11-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #11
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Define damage? haha You seem to be implying only body damage. My body is pinstriped to hell, but no real scratches or dents.

My skids, sliders, frame, wheels, and bumpers are gouged to hell though. haha

I guess I did fubar the bullbar that was on it when I bought it as well as the OEM rear bumper and OEM skid plate. haha

Oh and I have damaged 2 rear driveshafts beyond use...

Oh just remembered one more, I broke one of my OEM CV axles.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:31 PM   #12
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
good picture thread on the topic

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...il-damage.html
Old 11-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #13
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery

Trees love the driver side of my truck...
Old 11-08-2013, 12:38 PM   #14
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

they love every side of my truck, except the back.

and now that i've said that, i'm probably out a tailgate next wheelign trip......
Old 11-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #15
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
Define damage? haha You seem to be implying only body damage. My body is pinstriped to hell, but no real scratches or dents.

My skids, sliders, frame, wheels, and bumpers are gouged to hell though. haha

I guess I did fubar the bullbar that was on it when I bought it as well as the OEM rear bumper and OEM skid plate. haha

That shrub do that

Just saying those bumpers are total shit, bend super easy. Your bumper though, man you really put the whoop ass on that thing
Old 11-08-2013, 01:00 PM   #16
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
they love every side of my truck, except the back.

and now that i've said that, i'm probably out a tailgate next wheelign trip......
Now that you mention that I got stuck in a tight spot and ended up bumping a tree backing up and put a small dent in my tailgate and broke my CB antenna.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Salty View Post
That shrub do that

Just saying those bumpers are total shit, bend super easy. Your bumper though, man you really put the whoop ass on that thing
Might as well have. haha I barely touched a little tiny rock and it drug out the one side. That pic was after I have drug it around a few times.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:37 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
Now that you mention that I got stuck in a tight spot and ended up bumping a tree backing up and put a small dent in my tailgate and broke my CB antenna.
been fortunate so far. i intentionally built the rear bar or my bumper and my spare tire carrier out a little further to protect the tailgate. it'll take a tree with some funky bends in it to claim my tailgate.........but i'm sure that tree is out there.....just waiting.....
Old 11-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #18
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Too much/many to begin to list. That's what wheeling in the Midwest and east will do to a truck.

My doors all still seal, and I have all my glass...I'm good.

You west coasters don't know how lucky you are to have such WIDE open trails everywhere.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
been fortunate so far. i intentionally built the rear bar or my bumper and my spare tire carrier out a little further to protect the tailgate. it'll take a tree with some funky bends in it to claim my tailgate.........but i'm sure that tree is out there.....just waiting.....
Yeah I don't have that luxury. haha
Old 11-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
My doors all still seal, and I have all my glass...I'm good.
x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
You west coasters don't know how lucky you are to have such WIDE open trails everywhere.
x1892374598239

however they do have to deal with the west coast every day