Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

A question about tow (recovery) straps.

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-05-2013, 10:38 AM   #21
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
^^ ooooooOOOOOooooo Lookit Mr Fancy over here.....

Got 'em all, Ry. Also pm'd you my survivalist bag from my truck.
guy that dies with the most toys wins, right?
Old 12-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #24
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Just leave me your quadcopters in your will, alright?
that's if my family members don't steal them from me before then
Old 12-05-2013, 10:50 AM   #26

depends on the transmitter........far though.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:54 AM   #27
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
ok I want to get in on this convo too!!! I am sup to get a christmas list ready for my family bc we draw names and you have a $100 limit.... so let's see what you guys have for recomendations! I currently have a winch, hi-lift, logging chain(not sure about length), single 3/4" shackle, shovel, axe, wood blocks, 8 or 10lbs short throw sledge hammer, and that is about it. What do i need that I can put on my list???
Old 12-05-2013, 10:57 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoFMS View Post
ok I want to get in on this convo too!!! I am sup to get a christmas list ready for my family bc we draw names and you have a $100 limit.... so let's see what you guys have for recomendations! I currently have a winch, hi-lift, logging chain(not sure about length), single 3/4" shackle, shovel, axe, wood blocks, 8 or 10lbs short throw sledge hammer, and that is about it. What do i need that I can put on my list???
more shackles, soft shackle, snatch block, tree saver, snatch strap, tow strap or two.

all of that stuff will be over $100 together, but you could get a couple of the items for $100 no problem.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:00 AM   #30
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
more shackles, soft shackle, snatch block, tree saver, snatch strap, tow strap or two.

all of that stuff will be over $100 together, but you could get a couple of the items for $100 no problem.
how many shackles do you have???
Old 12-05-2013, 11:08 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
how many shackles do you have???
3/4'' - 2 on the front bumper, 2 on the rear bumper, 3 or so in the toolbox
some obnoxiously large crane shackle. i want to say it's a 30 ton.
a soft shackle from southeast overland.
and then i have a coupel of smaller ones floating around itn the toolbox. they get used every once in a while for the more precise, but lower load recoveries, where it may only have to hold the force of a couple people pulling on a line attached to a roof rack.

this recovery alone took 5 shackles at one point
Old 12-05-2013, 11:09 AM   #33

Quote:
I have about 5 shackles, I think, and want more.

Colin, put Icy-Hot on the your quadcopter controls when you sleep at night to protect from family members.....
lol, that's a little weird.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:14 AM   #34
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
^^ Great recovery photo!! How has no one stolen your shackles if you leave them on? I keep mine in my truck. L.A. is shady....

I was in a play years ago, and some chick wiped Icy-Hot all over her arm, and I had to kiss it. My lips when numb and it was pretty tough to speak. I loved her for that....
Old 12-05-2013, 11:21 AM   #35
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
3/4'' - 2 on the front bumper, 2 on the rear bumper, 3 or so in the toolbox
some obnoxiously large crane shackle. i want to say it's a 30 ton.
a soft shackle from southeast overland.
and then i have a coupel of smaller ones floating around itn the toolbox. they get used every once in a while for the more precise, but lower load recoveries, where it may only have to hold the force of a couple people pulling on a line attached to a roof rack.

this recovery alone took 5 shackles at one point
really cool picture man.

You were stuck on tree right???
Old 12-05-2013, 11:24 AM   #36

Quote:
^^ Great recovery photo!! How has no one stolen your shackles if you leave them on? I keep mine in my truck. L.A. is shady....

I was in a play years ago, and some chick wiped Icy-Hot all over her arm, and I had to kiss it. My lips when numb and it was pretty tough to speak. I loved her for that....
haha, that's terrible.

and yeah, i don't live in CA had never taken the shackles off, and never had a theft issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
really cool picture man.

You were stuck on tree right???
wedged may be a better term

Old 12-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #37
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

recommendations on the straps?
Old 12-05-2013, 11:35 AM   #40

wheelers, arb, southeast overland, etc. procomp actually makes a really nice tow strap. surprised the hell out of me. i'd still be using it, but it was run over on some rocks and got all chewed up.

Products Discussed in this Thread