Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

A question about tow (recovery) straps.

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #41
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
what about smittybuilt recovery straps? they any good or not worth the money?
Old 12-05-2013, 11:50 AM   #43
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, i was not aware of that... hmm.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:57 AM   #46
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
Pretty sure all tow straps that get used get shredded pretty quickly anyway. One of mine is brown and frayed after only a few uses. You guys find that, too?
That is why our straps include a Cordura Sliding Sleeve. If you have to pull against a tree or rock, helps to protect the strap. And our new WRAP-IT strap can be used to hook to vehicles that don't have recovery points, so your nice recovery strap doesn't get all chewed up.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #47
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
i've had good luck with mine. procomp lasted 3 years. i try to winch before i use a strap though because of the level of control, so my straps probably don't see as much use as some. arb still looks new after almsot 2 years, and my kenedy tow strap is s doing great after a few uses since i got it about 7 months ago. that one douples as a tree strap as well, so it's seen some good hard pulling.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:05 PM   #48
My turn.

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
That is why our straps include a Cordura Sliding Sleeve. If you have to pull against a tree or rock, helps to protect the strap. And our new WRAP-IT strap can be used to hook to vehicles that don't have recovery points, so your nice recovery strap doesn't get all chewed up.
Just sent an email to my parents and family with a wish lists that includes pretty much one of each of your straps and some ARB shackles... told them if they were uncertain about making the order for them to just call and ask for Dan and tell them that their son, or brother, whatever the case may be is a member on TW and they needed to order some recovery straps for him.... so if you get that phone call then maybe, I dont know, you could give me a hint to what I will be getting for Christmas??????

All joking aside i did refer them to you first and told them you would set them up all they had to do was tell you the budget ($100) and you would work on getting a package together and in the mail.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:03 AM   #49
Texas Transplant Taco
ClayCrusher is a splendid one to beholdClayCrusher is a splendid one to beholdClayCrusher is a splendid one to beholdClayCrusher is a splendid one to beholdClayCrusher is a splendid one to beholdClayCrusher is a splendid one to beholdClayCrusher is a splendid one to behold

ClayCrusher's Tacoma Gallery
I can make you a custom recovery rope. Check out my F/S Thread and we can work something out!

Products Discussed in this Thread