Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

You ain't seen stuck -- FJ Cruiser

Old 12-19-2013, 06:23 AM   #361
CowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CowboyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
Exactly, I have 2600 miles on my Truck, never been off road, mostly highway miles, and I already have a squeak coming from my dash.

Didn't expect that before the 1st oil change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWBIETACO View Post
My truck has that same damn squeak in the dash, irritates the hell out of me.
Try putting some pressure on the dash in various places. I had a similar rattle/squeak in my dash. Putting pressure near the windshield on the passenger side (but close to the radio) seemed to make it go away. I crammed some napkins inbetween the dash and windshield until I could get into the dealership to have them investigate.

They "fixed" it right before I went out of warranty, only for it to come back a few days later. In a bit of frustration I punched the dash on that side about as hard as I could. The rattle went away and I've only heard it very faintly once since then...I guess that really fixed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
The internet is full of disappointment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewMay1 View Post
true dat.
Seriously...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hearno View Post
You guys have gone on internet dates too huh?
Now that's funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oowen View Post
Answers in red and bolded
Thank you. That makes a little more sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
If I hear anything I'll let you know.
I get the feeling there has to be more to it than that. Please keep us informed.

Surely some pics/video will surface.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:18 AM   #362
TheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TheGoat's Tacoma Gallery
My first gen had a squeak in the dash. I figured that issue would have been resolved with a totally new design, but alas... my 2nd gen has the same sound coming from the same spot in the dash. :/
Old 01-03-2014, 08:39 PM   #363
Takeitapart is on a distinguished road
Takeitapart's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My truck has that same damn squeak in the dash, irritates the hell out of me.
Try tapping on the rubber pieces near the base of the windshield on the left and right of the wiper cowl. Have some one sit in the truck to see if they hear a squeak. If that's it, isolate them with a bit of FIPG.

I chased this "dash squeak" for a week on a customer's Tacoma before I finally thought outside the box, or in this case, outside the cab.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:59 PM   #364
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeitapart View Post
Try tapping on the rubber pieces near the base of the windshield on the left and right of the wiper cowl. Have some one sit in the truck to see if they hear a squeak. If that's it, isolate them with a bit of FIPG.

I chased this "dash squeak" for a week on a customer's Tacoma before I finally thought outside the box, or in this case, outside the cab.
I'm sure it's obvious but... FIPG?

I also have the squeak from time to time
Old 01-04-2014, 06:14 PM   #365
Techy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Techy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickel View Post
Damn, frozen solid! Need some 50lbs bags of salt to spread all over, maybe multiple propane heaters. Or wait till spring thaw! I would think you'd have to melt the majority of that before trying to yank it out. I'd hate to be in that situation!
That is all I can think of as well.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:14 PM   #366
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainmoe02 View Post

I also have the squeak from time to time
toyotas rtv
Old 01-04-2014, 06:32 PM   #367
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainmoe02 View Post
Form In Place Gasket.

Water pumps, thermostats... for a lot of solid aluminum-to-aluminum parts that only seal water or oil under moderate pressure, Toyota does not use paper gaskets.

Black RTV, sold in a plain white tube with a part number on it... FIPG.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:38 AM   #368
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
This weekend we went wheeling in the snow and had an FJ fall through the ice similar to this FJ. Luckily we got him out, but not after popping a bead and destroying his rear diff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP-ew...E29d9t1k6uD_zQ
Old 01-06-2014, 09:58 AM   #369
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedTaco View Post
This weekend we went wheeling in the snow and had an FJ fall through the ice similar to this FJ. Luckily we got him out, but not after popping a bead and destroying his rear diff.
When did you guys realize he blew up his rear? After the tire change?
Old 01-06-2014, 10:03 AM   #370
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
What an idiot. Obviously he is a newb and doesn't know anything about wheeling.

By the way, anybody have a lift and tire recommendation? Thinking a 2" spacer or BL and some 33's.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:05 AM   #371
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoJosh View Post
What an idiot. Obviously he is a newb and doesn't know anything about wheeling.

By the way, anybody have a lift and tire recommendation? Thinking a 2" spacer, and some 33's.
Sig material right here.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:05 AM   #372
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Sig material right here.

x2!

Spacers and Body lifts are for rigs that plan to just run forest service roads. Sure they are cheap, but I would just save the money and buy some new coilovers for the front.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:16 AM   #373
Im not like the other Crumbs, Im my own Crumb
NEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JAKE
NEWBIETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Why didn't they connect the other fj to the 4 runner and pull it out in a line instead of pulling different directions in their Y formation?
Old 01-06-2014, 10:17 AM   #374
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
x2!

Spacers and Body lifts are for rigs that plan to just run forest service roads. Sure they are cheap, but I would just save the money and buy some new coilovers for the front.
My land cruiser has a 2" body lift fella!
Old 01-06-2014, 10:18 AM   #375

Quote:
Why didn't they connect the other fj to the 4 runner and pull it out in a line instead of pulling different directions in their Y formation?
Agreed or try pulling it forward after 4 runner couldn't get him out backwards. Hate to armchair qb but...
Old 01-06-2014, 10:21 AM   #376
Im not like the other Crumbs, Im my own Crumb
NEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JAKE
NEWBIETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Agreed or try pulling it forward after 4 runner couldn't get him out backwards. Hate to armchair qb but...
That should have been the first thing to do because your supposed to be pulled in the direction you were traveling.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:21 AM   #377

Quote:
My land cruiser has a 2" body lift fella!
Body lifts do have their place. I have a 1" body lift on mine, but I would do suspension before body lift.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:25 AM   #378
CowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CowboyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
"nah, this is a 30k lb. strap."
Old 01-06-2014, 10:27 AM   #379
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
subd to see pics.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:28 AM   #380
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That should have been the first thing to do because your supposed to be pulled in the direction you were traveling.
That's not true at all. Every recovery is different.
Reverse is the lowest gear, knowing what is behind you and unsure what is in front of you given the snow coverage and ice, downhill vs uphill are all factors in deciding which way to pull.