Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

You ain't seen stuck -- FJ Cruiser

Old 01-06-2014, 09:05 AM   #361
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Sig material right here.

x2!

Spacers and Body lifts are for rigs that plan to just run forest service roads. Sure they are cheap, but I would just save the money and buy some new coilovers for the front.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:16 AM   #362
Im not like the other Crumbs, Im my own Crumb
NEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JAKE
NEWBIETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Why didn't they connect the other fj to the 4 runner and pull it out in a line instead of pulling different directions in their Y formation?
Old 01-06-2014, 09:17 AM   #363
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
x2!

Spacers and Body lifts are for rigs that plan to just run forest service roads. Sure they are cheap, but I would just save the money and buy some new coilovers for the front.
My land cruiser has a 2" body lift fella!
Old 01-06-2014, 09:18 AM   #364
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWBIETACO View Post
Why didn't they connect the other fj to the 4 runner and pull it out in a line instead of pulling different directions in their Y formation?
Agreed or try pulling it forward after 4 runner couldn't get him out backwards. Hate to armchair qb but...
Old 01-06-2014, 09:21 AM   #365
NEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
Agreed or try pulling it forward after 4 runner couldn't get him out backwards. Hate to armchair qb but...
That should have been the first thing to do because your supposed to be pulled in the direction you were traveling.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:21 AM   #366
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
My land cruiser has a 2" body lift fella!
Body lifts do have their place. I have a 1" body lift on mine, but I would do suspension before body lift.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:25 AM   #367
CowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CowboyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
"nah, this is a 30k lb. strap."
Old 01-06-2014, 09:27 AM   #368
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
subd to see pics.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:28 AM   #369
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That should have been the first thing to do because your supposed to be pulled in the direction you were traveling.
That's not true at all. Every recovery is different.
Reverse is the lowest gear, knowing what is behind you and unsure what is in front of you given the snow coverage and ice, downhill vs uphill are all factors in deciding which way to pull.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:32 AM   #370
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoJosh View Post
What an idiot. Obviously he is a newb and doesn't know anything about wheeling.

By the way, anybody have a lift and tire recommendation? Thinking a 2" spacer or BL and some 33's.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:34 AM   #371

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Reverse is the lowest gear, knowing what is behind you and unsure what is in front of you given the snow coverage and ice, downhill vs uphill are all factors in deciding which way to pull.
Exactly! Hell a lot of the time you already have ruts behind you from when you entered something and it is a lot easier to drag something back through its ruts usually.

Here's a great example: No way you were pulling me forward. haha That was where we turned around and went elsewhere.

Actually the other rig with me couldn't even get within 50 ft of me following my tracks so we had to dig me out with shovels. haha
Old 01-06-2014, 09:36 AM   #372
JTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
JTS2014TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Subd
Old 01-06-2014, 09:37 AM   #373
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
When did you guys realize he blew up his rear? After the tire change?
Yeah as soon as he went to start moving under his own power. It's pretty easy to see in the video, but we didn't know till he tried to start moving again.

Quote:

By the way, anybody have a lift and tire recommendation? Thinking a 2" spacer or BL and some 33's.
Whoa tuff guy didn't know you were born knowing what to do. I guess if you don't know what to do you aren't aloud to start?

FYI He has a full Icon suspension front and rear.

Quote:
I am not sure why they did the Y. They did try two in a row after that at 2:05. That is what popped the bead. Looking back we definitely should have went forward, instead of directly into the wall of ice...pretty obvious now. Shit happens I am just glad he wasn't 10 feet further left where the water would have 3-4' deep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyTaco View Post
"nah, this is a 30k lb. strap."
Haha, That was me!
Old 01-06-2014, 09:38 AM   #374
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Totally agree.

It's different when you are there vs watching a video.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:43 AM   #375

Quote:
Exactly! Hell a lot of the time you already have ruts behind you from when you entered something and it is a lot easier to drag something back through its ruts usually.

Here's a great example: No way you were pulling me forward. haha That was where we turned around and went elsewhere.

Actually the other rig with me couldn't even get within 50 ft of me following my tracks so we had to dig me out with shovels. haha
That looks badass there except the being stuck part but I want to run in snow so bad
Old 01-06-2014, 09:49 AM   #376

Quote:
That looks badass there except the being stuck part but I want to run in snow so bad
About 10 minutes with a couple of shovels and I was free. Being locked front and rear helps a ton. haha
Old 01-06-2014, 09:54 AM   #377

Wish I had snow here best we get is .5 inches of snow or it will ice over and everyone runs in the ditches and everywhere closes down
Old 01-06-2014, 10:20 AM   #378
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Poor choice on gunning it until the diff blew . . .
Old 01-06-2014, 10:44 AM   #379
xbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Quartermaster
Name: Jim
xbxb's Tacoma Gallery
I'm just guessing but that FJ might have kind of a shimmy from 3-120 mph. Just guessing.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:59 AM   #380
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

What an idiot right.. You should actually read what you type and how you look before you press submit reply. People like you make my day lol.