1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pennsylvania: Green / Blue Trails

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by Smooth Operator, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Dec 25, 2013 at 2:29 PM
    Smooth Operator

Smooth Operator [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    G
    Central, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport / Long Bed
    None
    Does anyone know of any easy to slightly moderate trails in Pennsylvania that are mapped out? I know that the State Game Wardens have had their way with legislation and so forth to rule out off-road trails to only that of off-road parks. I really don't care to drive 80 miles to pay 20 bucks to test the Sports suspension.

I live in Central, PA. Close to Carlisle and have been out Ridge Road but not off the beaten path.

Curious, is all.

2. Dec 25, 2013 at 6:20 PM
    M192

M192 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Cambria county PA
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma trd sport, 88 4runner
    Alot
    I live about 2 1/2 -3 hours west of Carlisle. There is a place about halfhour away it's a offroad clubs place. I think it's called Doe valley Big Rubbers is the name of the club. I've been there three times. With stock sport truck. I have aDCLB so there was quite a bit of getting Hung up in the middle. Bent my nerd bars a little put the stock skid though its paces. I can't wait till they have the spring thaw event. But I'll probably be limited to easy green trail cuz my buddy just got a 11' 4runner and another kid with a jeep wants to try a little wheeling. There's another place called Rock Run its about 30 mins from me I went there before too it was kinda meh. It was waaayyy too tight for my tuck. Got up against a few trees. But I bet in a wrangler it would've been fun.

3. Jan 11, 2014 at 12:48 PM
    clc clc

clc clc Well-Known Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4 reg cab tacoma/2020 subaru crosstrek

As far as I can tell the Michaux off road trails are limited to ATV/snowmobile use. The forest roads are well maintained in most areas and many of the yellow gates are for the forestry guys only. I live about 10 mins from the forest so I run these roads fairly often. If you get yourself a map its a lot of fun exploring.

4. Mar 7, 2014 at 10:07 AM
    slghf19

slghf19 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Bainbridge, Pa
    Vehicle:
    2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD
    Just starting.
    Hi everyone, Chris here

Maybe i can help with trails and off road places, i'm down in Lancaster, pa. I just join here about a month haven't had time to get back on till now but a few things like college and work have taken up time. But i will upload pics of my truck soon it 2004 Tacoma 4door TRD 4x4 great shape, i just put a new Headunit and speakers in the truck, it's a start, tires and susp. are next slowly getting there.

But here is a place i want to go to:

Rausch Creek Offroad Park
    453 Molleystown Rd
    Pine Grove,PA 17963
    http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/
    Heard there's lots of trails there.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
    Ydogwood likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top