Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Jumping Off Rock, SC

Old 01-14-2014, 07:04 PM   #1
AgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant future

Name: Joey
AgMechTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Jumping Off Rock, SC

Took a trip up to Jumping Off Rock in South Carolina above Lake Joccasse. It is a series of gravel and dirt roads around the Jocassee Gorges. The locals just call it Horse Pasture Road, but anyhow its a really fun place to ride around. There is a creek crossing, and some good size hills to climb. There are some great views of the lake and the surrounding mountains. When I went is was foggy and raining, so you couldn't really see that far. There are enough roads to ride around for several hours. However, the DNR has put up gates in areas to prevent people from entering some roads. To my understanding they only open up certain sections during hunting season. If you plan on making the trip it might be a good idea to do a little research and make sure the roads are open. Really fun place to go if you are near upstate, SC.

Old 01-14-2014, 07:26 PM   #2
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Great pics! Looks like a lot of fun.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:43 AM   #3
06TacomaTRD is on a distinguished road
Name: Brett
06TacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like a beautiful place!

I noticed you have a 2WD--did you have any problems getting up the trails?
Old 02-20-2014, 05:16 PM   #4
AgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06TacomaTRD View Post
Looks like a beautiful place!

I noticed you have a 2WD--did you have any problems getting up the trails?
No not really. It's pretty easy riding for the most part.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:25 PM   #5
jake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jake
jake72's Tacoma Gallery
looks awesome
Old 02-21-2014, 08:58 AM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgMechTacoma View Post
No not really. It's pretty easy riding for the most part.
Awesome! My kind of trail riding--I'll have to check it out one of these days!

I've never been to this place before, but from what I've seen/read it seems to have a 10 miles dirt road that takes you to the top along with some side trails?
Old 02-21-2014, 01:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06TacomaTRD View Post
Awesome! My kind of trail riding--I'll have to check it out one of these days!

I've never been to this place before, but from what I've seen/read it seems to have a 10 miles dirt road that takes you to the top along with some side trails?
Yeah, that about sums it up. The side trails are the most fun, but the DNR keeps most of them closed I think. It still makes for a fun afternoon.
Old 02-21-2014, 03:33 PM   #8
NEMESISVETTE is a splendid one to beholdNEMESISVETTE is a splendid one to beholdNEMESISVETTE is a splendid one to beholdNEMESISVETTE is a splendid one to beholdNEMESISVETTE is a splendid one to beholdNEMESISVETTE is a splendid one to behold

NEMESISVETTE's Tacoma Gallery
I wanna do it. I live in Greenville South Carolina. We should get a local group together for a ride here.
Old 03-15-2014, 04:52 AM   #9
I'm heading up to Jumping Off Rock with a couple friends today. I'm stoked!
Old 03-15-2014, 05:12 AM   #10
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
never heard of it before, def about to check it out though. have been looking for a trail like that
Old 03-15-2014, 03:44 PM   #11
You should. It was great. We took our sweet time and it took the whole day.

I didn't cross a creek though.