Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Windrock

Old 01-17-2014, 07:21 PM   #1
cdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant future

Name: Clint
cdj1's Tacoma Gallery
Windrock

Anyone interested in going? I am in the Knoxville area for the next 3 months and will go several times. Just wanted to see if anyone has been or wants to explore,
Old 01-17-2014, 09:02 PM   #2
BClowe4 is on a distinguished road
Name: Blake
BClowe4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdj1 View Post
Anyone interested in going? I am in the Knoxville area for the next 3 months and will go several times. Just wanted to see if anyone has been or wants to explore,
What type of trails of you going to hit up??
Old 01-18-2014, 10:15 AM   #3
cdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant future

cdj1's Tacoma Gallery
Anything that doesn't require a locker, but that is subjective. I have a LSD and winch, so I'm not really scared. I'll go get a map and talk with the jeep guy at my work and try to lay something out. I plan on going several times in the next few months.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:25 AM   #4
BClowe4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Anything that doesn't require a locker, but that is subjective. I have a LSD and winch, so I'm not really scared. I'll go get a map and talk with the jeep guy at my work and try to lay something out. I plan on going several times in the next few months.
I know the place very we'll go there a lot in My RZR and my Fj cruiser. Do you have rock sliders?
Old 01-18-2014, 11:28 AM   #5

cdj1's Tacoma Gallery
Sliders, front plate bumper, full skids, rear tube bumper and 33" km2s.
Old 01-18-2014, 12:06 PM   #6
BClowe4's Tacoma Gallery
I got a 3' lift with 33' off road tires , and full skid and rear diff lock
Old 01-18-2014, 12:34 PM   #7

cdj1's Tacoma Gallery
Wanna try to go on Feb 1st? That is the first weekend I have free. Then we can plan other trips from there? I figured I will just get the annual pass since I am 20 minutes away.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:42 PM   #8
BClowe4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wanna try to go on Feb 1st? That is the first weekend I have free. Then we can plan other trips from there? I figured I will just get the annual pass since I am 20 minutes away.
I'm gunna get the season one, because I go there a lot. They made a store and is starting to look a lot better.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:12 PM   #9
FALlover is a jewel in the roughFALlover is a jewel in the roughFALlover is a jewel in the rough
FALlover's Tacoma Gallery
that place is intense, or at least it was on a bicycle. I'd love to see trail pics after y'all go
Old 01-26-2014, 04:17 PM   #10

cdj1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BClowe4 View Post
I'm gunna get the season one, because I go there a lot. They made a store and is starting to look a lot better.
So you up for this coming weekend? Let me know. My wife brought my km2s to me so I'm ready. Gonna order some king coilovers next week to replace these shitty ome 883s.
Old 02-01-2014, 03:43 PM   #11

cdj1's Tacoma Gallery
Windrock was a blast. I'll be going many weekends in the next few months and will post dates here. I went with a few jeeps from knoxoffroad and held my own fairly well.

I started a Toyota convention in the parking lot. These guys asked if I wanted to ride with them but I told them there was no way I could keep up with all those solid axles and 37s. He said that they don't drive them to hard cuz they hate fixing them haha.

Lots of mud/snow/ice and rocks too.

Old 02-02-2014, 01:14 AM   #13
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like a good time. I've been wanting to go ride there. I've heard some of the stuff out there is intense. We should try and get something planned.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:36 AM   #15
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome pictures & videos! Thanks Clint.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:56 AM   #16

cdj1's Tacoma Gallery
I'll update this at least every couple of weeks while I am in Knoxville. I am going to buy a map and will tag trail #'s to the pics.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:24 AM   #17

cdj1's Tacoma Gallery
More mud and the frozen water pits were not so frozen anymore.... 8 jeeps, me and a Raptor!

Me and the wifey

Stuck. Well kinda. He was front and rear locked, and high centered on the ledge but was able to back off eventually.

Old 02-09-2014, 10:36 AM   #19

cdj1's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah it was snowing on and off yesterday so was chilly. I run the KM2s at 10psi. The raptor was tearing it up. I was surprised as hell he fit in some places. Now he did blow out a tire and destroy his running boards bit he didn't care. Must be nice
Old 02-09-2014, 10:48 AM   #20
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah it was snowing on and off yesterday so was chilly. I run the KM2s at 10psi. The raptor was tearing it up. I was surprised as hell he fit in some places. Now he did blow out a tire and destroy his running boards bit he didn't care. Must be nice
Hahaha yeah it must be nice. And yeah they look low. 10 is pushing the limit with no beadlocks.