Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Will 12000 Badlands winch fit on ARB bumper?

Old 01-22-2014, 10:36 AM   #1
IanN is on a distinguished road

Name: Ian
IanN's Tacoma Gallery
Will 12000 Badlands winch fit on ARB bumper?

Hey guys, need some help. Hope this is the right place to post.

I am in a bit of a chicken and egg scenario. I got a Badlands 12000 pound winch for a killer deal from a guy on craigslist. (250 bucks NIB). I know I know it's overkill and heavy but my question is will it fit an ARB. It looks exactly like a smittybuilt and has the same bolt pattern as the 9000 it's just a smidge longer. Has anyone had experience with a 12000 pound winch in an ARB bumper or ANY aftermarket bumper?

I'm not looking for a review of the type of winch or bumper or any opinion on if my winch sucks i know it's not the best and I know everyone has their own opinion on Bumpers in other threads. Just looking for fitment issues.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Old 01-23-2014, 06:34 AM   #2

IanN's Tacoma Gallery
Morning bump!
Old 01-24-2014, 09:57 AM   #3

IanN's Tacoma Gallery
Ok so although I haven't got a response for a tacoma fitment I have found a few threads on ih8mud for 80 series land cruisers with arb bumpers.

http://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-te...0-fitment.html

http://mforum.ih8mud.com/80-series-t...cs-please.html

http://forum.ih8mud.com/winching-rec...winches-3.html

Looks like with other rigs it can work if set back far enough so I think I'm going to pull the trigger. Worst case I'll sell the winch and get a 9k.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:59 PM   #4
Yoda the Taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Chase
Yoda the Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure, but I'm curious. also curious to know how the winch works out. I'm interested in one of those. Keep us posted!
Old 03-01-2014, 02:16 PM   #5
BVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to behold
BVCOTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 10k warn in my ARB bumper.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:10 AM   #6

IanN's Tacoma Gallery
Hey everyone! So I finally got to installing my arb bumper and winch. I was actually able to put in my 12000 pound badlands winch! We had to grind the lever that releases the spool on one side with a band saw in order to fit after we rotated it. Other than that it bolted right in! Here's a pic of the finished product... I will try and get some more of the actual winch but just wanted to let everyone know that it does work. And it's a awesome cheap option from harbor freight for some serious pulling power.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:47 PM   #7
RogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
RogueTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Nice dude! Oh and hello from Medford!
Old 05-05-2014, 08:49 AM   #8

IanN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueTRD View Post
Nice dude! Oh and hello from Medford!

Haha nice another Sothern oregon taco! Not many of us guys on here. If you are interested in some local offroad forums here is one that my buddies are on http://www.pnwadventures.com/forum/trip-planning/ we are doing the Memorial Day overlanding trip from crater lake to sisters. Also I am part of Jefferson state cruisers which is doing a mcgrew run in late July. Here is a link to their forum on ih8mud http://forum.ih8mud.com/forums/or-ca...-cruisers.153/ they are a land cruiser group but have a few members that are pickups or other make vehicles.

You might already be on those sites but just thought id mention them in case other people are looking for some local Medford groups.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:54 AM   #9
Soon to be west coast
11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FC1(SW/SS) Non Lethal Weapons Instructor Former STS SUBMARINES
Name: Jay
11TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanN View Post
Hey everyone! So I finally got to installing my arb bumper and winch. I was actually able to put in my 12000 pound badlands winch! We had to grind the lever that releases the spool on one side with a band saw in order to fit after we rotated it. Other than that it bolted right in! Here's a pic of the finished product... I will try and get some more of the actual winch but just wanted to let everyone know that it does work. And it's a awesome cheap option from harbor freight for some serious pulling power.
Can you post a pic of the grinding you had to do after you clocked the clutch?
Old 05-05-2014, 09:38 AM   #10
RogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
RogueTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanN View Post
Haha nice another Sothern oregon taco! Not many of us guys on here. If you are interested in some local offroad forums here is one that my buddies are on http://www.pnwadventures.com/forum/trip-planning/ we are doing the Memorial Day overlanding trip from crater lake to sisters. Also I am part of Jefferson state cruisers which is doing a mcgrew run in late July. Here is a link to their forum on ih8mud http://forum.ih8mud.com/forums/or-ca...-cruisers.153/ they are a land cruiser group but have a few members that are pickups or other make vehicles.

You might already be on those sites but just thought id mention them in case other people are looking for some local Medford groups.
Hey thanks for the info! You'd think there would be more activity down here considering the amount of Tacomas I see driving around on a daily basis. I know a couple guys in Southern Oregon Jeep Klub, but haven't touched base with many Taco people.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:38 PM   #11

IanN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11TRD View Post
Can you post a pic of the grinding you had to do after you clocked the clutch?

Here's the best pic I could get. We had to grind 2 sides in order for it to swing down all the way. Need to plasti dip it next.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:58 AM   #12
SGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant future

Name: Cap
SGTCap's Tacoma Gallery
did you have to remote mount the solinoid/contactor?
Old 05-09-2014, 12:46 PM   #13

IanN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGTCap View Post
did you have to remote mount the solinoid/contactor?

The arb bumper has a mount on the top for the solenoid part. (The black box) and the winch came with short cables to go from the box to the actual winch.