Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

*THE RTT Owners Thread(With BS)*

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-11-2014, 09:08 AM   #2181
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVCOTaco View Post
The glamping comment is pretty funny! I have a pull behind camper and definitely enjoy camping in that. But I also have no problem spending a week backpacking in the woods. True glamping are the people at the KOA with the swimming pools, water, electric, cable and sewer hookups. All of which I have never done!
Glamping is more the juxtaposition of fluff and rough. Wait, that didn't sound good but you get what it is.

A trailer, to me at least, isn't Glamping. If you gutted it and put in an oversized bed with a cush sofa, that might qualify.

Oh, bad call on the bear too. Your first reaction should have been to get rid of it by making noise or throwing stuff.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:48 PM   #2182
Jonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: John
Jonek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
Stupid, stupid, stupid.
Never come to MT to camp. We don't want you here.
Have you never heard "a fed bear is a dead bear"? Once bears learn that people are a source of food its big trouble for everyone and the bear usually ends up getting killed by fish & wildlife officials.

Exactly!

this.

We'll I'm well aware of all this Bear feeding concerns .... Really I do , I live with bears in my backyard on a bi weekly basis here in pa. We bring in all bird feeders and lock garbage cans and spray ammonia and noise scare them off when they come around . Over 93 bear were trapped here in 1 year and relocated after being tagged and measured a few years back.... I helped
No one will be camping where I was .
The bear was tagged .... So he's a transplant from feeding off of people's trash .... Maybe even from my neighborhood ?
I left him 2 marshmallows .... Hardly a feast ....
As far as feeding a bear in another place , state , zoo etc. would be totally out of the question for me. So you can rest and untie the knot in your shorts : )
Apologize for giving the wrong impression about the care of wildlife .... We actually have an animal sanctuary here that we maintain at our own cost .... And are well aware of your concerns .
Should have told more to the story so as not to be judged so harshly !
" Never come to Montana " ? Really ?

Lastly ... In Pa. The Game Commision does NOT shoot problem Bears ... They trap or and tranquilize the bear , measure him , wheigh him , tag him/her and relocate them .... 95% of the time they leave the bear to his own inviroment and educate ... Ed-Jew-Kate ... People how to treat them so they can be on their way ....
Pa is home to over 20,000 black bear .... We don't have any other kind .... We'll except , Teddy-Bears !
Old 08-11-2014, 06:23 PM   #2183
www.sos-offroadconcepts.com
EddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 19 D PFC, 165th brg 3-34 bat 5-17
Name: Eddy
EddyRRT's Tacoma Gallery
My yulara will be in 2morrow
Old 08-11-2014, 07:27 PM   #2185
EddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EddyRRT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonek View Post
I'll bet your excited !
Those are some great tents ... I really like the way they function .
Did you consider attending the "Appalacian rendezvous " ?
Sounds like a good weekend camp kyak, canoe n wheel weekend in NC for only $30
Get to try out that new tent in October !!
Nope not that but i'll be at the Big dog event. And to boot the RTT was barter new tent for new bumpers lol
Old 08-11-2014, 08:05 PM   #2187
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonek View Post
We'll I'm well aware of all this Bear feeding concerns .... Really I do , I live with bears in my backyard on a bi weekly basis here in pa. We bring in all bird feeders and lock garbage cans and spray ammonia and noise scare them off when they come around . Over 93 bear were trapped here in 1 year and relocated after being tagged and measured a few years back.... I helped
No one will be camping where I was .
The bear was tagged .... So he's a transplant from feeding off of people's trash .... Maybe even from my neighborhood ?
I left him 2 marshmallows .... Hardly a feast ....
As far as feeding a bear in another place , state , zoo etc. would be totally out of the question for me. So you can rest and untie the knot in your shorts : )
Apologize for giving the wrong impression about the care of wildlife .... We actually have an animal sanctuary here that we maintain at our own cost .... And are well aware of your concerns .
Should have told more to the story so as not to be judged so harshly !
" Never come to Montana " ? Really ?

Lastly ... In Pa. The Game Commision does NOT shoot problem Bears ... They trap or and tranquilize the bear , measure him , wheigh him , tag him/her and relocate them .... 95% of the time they leave the bear to his own inviroment and educate ... Ed-Jew-Kate ... People how to treat them so they can be on their way ....
Pa is home to over 20,000 black bear .... We don't have any other kind .... We'll except , Teddy-Bears !
so you are aware of the problem of a food conditioned bear and yet you choose behavior to perpetuate the problem? not helping your argument any...
In MT they do kill the bears - depending on the circumstances they may try to relocate them but if the bears return to a populated area and continue the bad behavior they are often killed
Old 08-11-2014, 09:03 PM   #2188
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
In MT they do kill the bears - depending on the circumstances they may try to relocate them but if the bears return to a populated area and continue the bad behavior they are often killed
This has been happening more in CA too. Especially in areas like Lake Tahoe where the bears are increasingly coming into populated areas. Even the mountain lions in the SF Bay Area are coming into populations-and not just the periphery but the traveling miles into city centers.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:42 AM   #2189
Dragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Dragons Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I camped @ Lake Tahoe years ago and we found fresh tracks in the morning near our site. Woulda scared the bejesus outta me had I not been such a deep sleeper. May be false assurance but I feel better sleeping on the truck now.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:00 PM   #2192
TRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TRD 09's Tacoma Gallery
No regrets from buying my 6' tepui awning, money well spent
Old 08-13-2014, 06:03 AM   #2193
BVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to behold
BVCOTaco's Tacoma Gallery
The pop up 10x10 canopies are big! I don't bring mine with on wheeling weekends because there is not enough room in the truck for all the gear, dogs, coolers, etc. So based on that I want to get an awning next summer. When I am camping with my bumper pull camper, that is a different story. Then I love to have it set up for the occasional rain and for sun shade.
Old 08-16-2014, 07:42 PM   #2195
Scenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud of

Name: Jay
Scenekyd's Tacoma Gallery
finally got it out of the garage

Old 08-16-2014, 07:48 PM   #2196

EddyRRT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scenekyd View Post
finally got it out of the garage

Old 08-17-2014, 05:01 AM   #2197
Scenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud of

Name: Jay
Scenekyd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyRRT View Post

Old 08-17-2014, 05:48 AM   #2198
Cloudy-fabricator of things
Whitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Johnathan
Whitecloud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyRRT View Post

I love my Yulara. Awesome tent. Did you get the annex too?
Old 08-17-2014, 03:18 PM   #2199
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 12th MAR HQ BTRY TAP
Name: MAD MIKE
mh.meier's Tacoma Gallery
Lost my travel cover in a biblical storm in New Mexico driving back from CO so I need to buy a new cover but Camping Lab no exist anymore.

Products Discussed in this Thread