Notices

*THE RTT Owners Thread(With BS)*

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-22-2014, 09:41 AM   #641
Quantum731 is on a distinguished road

Quantum731's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffdawson View Post
Lol me too! I was just showing my wife that pic, "see honey, THEY are going exploring with their baby!"
My little boy was 14 months old on that trip. Temps outside were below freezing at night, ~40 during the day, and he did great. I did cheat and get an RV spot with electric so I could run a fan and 2 electric oil radiators. He has been camping with us since he was 9 or so months though...

Old 02-22-2014, 10:30 PM   #642
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum731 View Post
Just saying hi and adding a couple pics of my setup. I will post a proper write-up soon. CDN M101 Trailer with an OzTrail 375-OR tent + Sunroom Walls + Floors http://oztrailnorthamerica.com/OR375_OR.html

Fuckkk thats a badass setup..
Old 02-23-2014, 09:44 AM   #643
Adventurer
ffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
ffdawson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum731 View Post
My little boy was 14 months old on that trip. Temps outside were below freezing at night, ~40 during the day, and he did great. I did cheat and get an RV spot with electric so I could run a fan and 2 electric oil radiators. He has been camping with us since he was 9 or so months though...

Nice! Cute kid too! Ours is just 6months, and we haven't camped yet... We've got a trip planned to Utah in May, 2 weeks of RTT camping and trails. I really want to get out a few times before that to trial run our setup with the new addition. Ya know, work out the bugs before we embark on a long ass trip!

Props to you guys for getting out and doing it! Cold weather be damned!
Old 02-23-2014, 02:01 PM   #644

Thanks! We did do a local (30 minutes from home) test run to make sure it was all manageable. I was apprehensive with the little guy and needed to make sure we not only had the equipment we needed, but also that he had the inclination to camp. Lol. It all worked out and he had fun, especially getting the pine needles to stick to him. He looked like a little sniper with his homemade ghillie suit! The tent size was just right although there are bigger models. The "OR" was the correct height for the 101/416 trailers and the bigger tents need a lower mounting height. Also, having the floors makes it so nice in that you can take your shoes off and relax inside, play some games, read, whatever.

So moral of the story is just take the kid and see how it goes.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:12 PM   #645
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Successful camping trips with kids is dependent on one thing: how good are they about entertaining themselves. If the kid's happy digging in the dirt, riding a bike in circles, making up games, or building pine cone forts for hours and hours then you'll all have a good trip. If they can't entertain themselves then they'll be bored. And if they're bored they'll be whining. And if they're whining then you're all going to be miserable.
oh...and make sure they're not wanderers. Set up strict limits about where they can go. I wandered off on a trip with my parents when I was like 3 and freaked them out pretty good. I wasn't usually one to get too far from my folks but it happened and they had to come find me. After that I was told where I could go - no farther than a rock or a tree, etc.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:45 PM   #646
dirty Nissan driver
gravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedgravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedgravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedgravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedgravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedgravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedgravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedgravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedgravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedgravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedgravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
gravedgr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
Successful camping trips with kids is dependent on one thing: how good are they about entertaining themselves. If the kid's happy digging in the dirt, riding a bike in circles, making up games, or building pine cone forts for hours and hours then you'll all have a good trip. If they can't entertain themselves then they'll be bored. And if they're bored they'll be whining. And if they're whining then you're all going to be miserable.
oh...and make sure they're not wanderers. Set up strict limits about where they can go. I wandered off on a trip with my parents when I was like 3 and freaked them out pretty good. I wasn't usually one to get too far from my folks but it happened and they had to come find me. After that I was told where I could go - no farther than a rock or a tree, etc.
Good tips, but I will also say almost any child that hasn't been parked in front of a TV or video game 24/7 since birth can find ways to amuse themselves with little-to-no help. Ours have been primitive camping with us since they were small, but we don't go often so they still sometimes need a few minutes to get over the "I'm bored" before they self-entertain. We bring a few things like monster trucks and cars, coloring books, soccer ball, Frisbee, etc.

Pro-tip for night time fun - glow sticks! Kids will love swinging them, throwing/chasing them and its easy to keep track of where they are.

Old 02-24-2014, 04:43 PM   #647
KDOG has much to be proud ofKDOG has much to be proud ofKDOG has much to be proud ofKDOG has much to be proud ofKDOG has much to be proud ofKDOG has much to be proud ofKDOG has much to be proud ofKDOG has much to be proud of
KDOG's Tacoma Gallery
If you were to pick one of the makers offering their RTTs on the forums which would you pick? I'm having a hard time deciding. Which do you think is higher quality?
Old 02-24-2014, 04:51 PM   #648
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDOG View Post
If you were to pick one of the makers offering their RTTs on the forums which would you pick? I'm having a hard time deciding. Which do you think is higher quality?
Pick one where you get the best service. They are all the same.

But if you're picking names, Tepui or CVT.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:42 PM   #649
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
CVT - I don't think any other RTT company owner would drive 13 hours one way to personally deliver, set-up, and install 4 tents for 4 customers.

just my $.02 though.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:45 PM   #650
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
CVT - I don't think any other RTT company owner would drive 13 hours one way to personally deliver, set-up, and install 4 tents for 4 customers.

just my $.02 though.
bad fucking ass.

Thats how you make customers for life.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:49 PM   #651
CASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
CASTRATE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post

just my $.02 though.
Just one of the reasons I'm buying from Bobby
Old 02-24-2014, 07:03 PM   #652
POOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: JEFF
POOLGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Go CVT, Bobby is always willing to help. When I had questions he was there to answer them anytime. He even stopped to answer my call while taking care of family issues.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:13 AM   #653

If you are somewhat local to a dealer/supplier then by all means go with them. But otherwise I would choose based on reputation (tent quality), features (because there are subtle differences), and finally cost. I know Camping Lab has closed but my RTT works great, Fernando was helpful for the 1 or 2 questions I called him on, and the tent was about half the price of the name brands. Best bet is to go see the tents in person and ask questions.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:26 AM   #654
VATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
VATACOEXP's Tacoma Gallery
CVT is a solid company I'd go with them or ARB.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:32 AM   #655
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing against CVT. But don't overlook Tepui. from personal experience I can say the have been awesome to work with and have some great products. Their new Ruggedized versions are something that I think sets them apart from most of the other options out there.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:33 AM   #656
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Nothing against CVT. But don't overlook Tepui. from personal experience I can say the have been awesome to work with and have some great products. Their new Ruggedized versions are something that I think sets them apart from most of the other options out there.
From what I've seen from owners of both, it seems like you can't go wrong with either.

CVT just happens to be cheaper at the moment.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:41 AM   #657
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
Took the RTT out last weekend. The fiance and I went shooting @ Lake Pillsbury, CA and brought it with us for some solid afternoon napping

I just have it mounted to Yakima Racks on the camper for now. Soon to be upgrading to a full Slimline Frontrunner Rack system. We've used it plenty of times and for our weight the Fiberglass shell does great.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:38 PM   #658
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
It would be pretty sweet to shoot from the tent ^
Old 02-25-2014, 01:00 PM   #659
BabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Infantry
BabyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
I haven't had to deal with Tepui since my purchase...which says good things about their product. The ruggedized has been an awesome improvement. Everything just feels solid. I wasn't worried about my old tent other than the frame. I could see some buckles and stitching eventually wearing out. The wrapped frame makes the tent feel complete on the inside. I don't think it's worth the extra $400 but there wasn't anything to compete with it at the time. The orange has grown on me and I don't regret the purchase.

I went with the ruggedized because it was an improvement. Something the other tent companies didn't seem to be doing. The frame being the biggest factor for me. It barely moves in heavy wind now. CVT has now made the thicker frame standard and I would probably be going with them during the group buy because of the huge discount.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:29 PM   #660
AKA Crash Bandicoot

Meh RTT has yet to be tested in the heavy rain or wind so i can't say much in those terms. i've used it 3 times so far but this weekend we head to GA with some guys and It'll be my home for the next 2.5 days. Hopefully have some more pics and assessments to make on it in particular.

If i ever had to get another one idk which one i'd go for really.

Products Discussed in this Thread