Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

*THE RTT Owners Thread(With BS)*

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-27-2014, 09:52 AM   #641
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-200000.../dp/B001TSCDBQ

These little lights are absolutely perfect for RTTs and also for hanging under ez-ups. They run on 3 AAA batteries for weeks. I'm still on the same set of the first AAA's and I'm going on season 3 with these things. $17.99 shipped (if you have a Prime account). I now have a set for my RTT and another for under the awning. They put out enough light that we use them under our ez-up for a full poker game.

Old 02-27-2014, 10:13 AM   #643
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
ordered those lights and got meh sleeping bag..

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/s...8373/cat100842

buy once cry once. its always been the motto.
I have that exact same bag for the RTT for me and the wife. We love it. We used to sleep in it in a ground tent and a queen size air mattress but the RTT floor is much more suited for keeping it from sliding around.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:14 AM   #644
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
I have that exact same bag for the RTT for me and the wife. We love it. We used to sleep in it in a ground tent and a queen size air mattress but the RTT floor is much more suited for keeping it from sliding around.
Sweet! seems to be a common bag, thats a good thing!

Anything you don't like about it?
Old 02-27-2014, 10:24 AM   #645

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sweet! seems to be a common bag, thats a good thing!

Anything you don't like about it?
So far, nothing to complain about yet. On hot summer nights in AZ, I sleep more on top of the bag than inside because it is warm. When I used it in my Tent Cot just by myself, I folded it in half and either slept under 1 layer or 3 layers depending on temps and it was luxury. In cool weather it has been great, especially when you have that extra body to keep you warm. I'm 6'1" and 240lbs and it fits me and her just fine. She's 5'5" and 140 and we fit just fine both length and width.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:27 AM   #646
Bearded Bandit
RigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RigidTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

These little lights are absolutely perfect for RTTs and also for hanging under ez-ups. They run on 3 AAA batteries for weeks. I'm still on the same set of the first AAA's and I'm going on season 3 with these things. $17.99 shipped (if you have a Prime account). I now have a set for my RTT and another for under the awning. They put out enough light that we use them under our ez-up for a full poker game.

Now i want these haha

Sucks shipping to Canada is 10$
Old 02-27-2014, 10:28 AM   #647

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
I like the lining of it alot, too. Holds in warmth like a flannel lining without being as heavy as flannel.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:29 AM   #648

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RigidTaco View Post
Now i want these haha
You won't regret it. Our whole camping crew now has them and we hang them all around on the trees around camp and light up the place. I store them in a clear dry box when not in use, and I store them with the batteries taken out so they don't leak.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:39 AM   #649
too many frogs, not enough princes...
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I got a string of the ENO LED lights for hte outside of my tent and they are really bright. I hang them on the rainfly and can get in/out without a flashlight and they light up the campsite really well too.
For inside I just use my Black Diamond Orbit - actually just bought a 2nd one - its super bright, doesn't use up a lot of batteries, I can leave it in the tent and when its packed the on/off switch is covered so I don't worry about it turning on accidentally and running the batteries down

Old 02-27-2014, 10:56 AM   #650
BabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Infantry
BabyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Ill see if I can find the videos I used when I learned how to install my sound system. It's surprisingly simple. Good to know too.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:00 PM   #651
VATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
VATACOEXP's Tacoma Gallery

Rack is almost ready for the Mt Bachelor to get thrown up on it. Hopefully by the end of the weekend I'll be camping in style.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:33 PM   #652
Bearded Bandit
RigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by VATACOEXP View Post

Rack is almost ready for the Mt Bachelor to get thrown up on it. Hopefully by the end of the weekend I'll be camping in style.
Im prepping similar, looks good. The 2 bars do you find is solid enough? How thick is the tube? Also do you have any worry about flexing the side walls or anything?
Old 02-27-2014, 12:40 PM   #653
Bearded Bandit

I meant to say 3 bars, as i dont see other supports(corner tabs). Tried to edit and it wouldnt save for some reason
Old 02-27-2014, 01:47 PM   #654
VATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
VATACOEXP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I meant to say 3 bars, as i dont see other supports(corner tabs). Tried to edit and it wouldnt save for some reason
I'm not really worried, but if the bed pushes out or becomes damaged I have plans to pull the whole bed and go custom flatbed UTE route.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:57 PM   #655
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
I think all i need for meh RTT is the condensation mat and i think I'm done.. I've covered all the general bases(sleeping bag, lights,) maybe get something to charge my phone in and i think it'll be good.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:20 PM   #656
Quantum731 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
Quantum731's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I think all i need for meh RTT is the condensation mat and i think I'm done..
What mat(s) are you looking at? So far I have found these:

http://www.shipshapecaravans.co.uk/dry-mat.php

http://www.pocomarine.com/cabin-and-...at-p-1405.html

A little pricey but effectiveness comes before cost in my book.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:35 PM   #657
Bearded Bandit

Im buying the one direct from CVT, anyone use that one?
Old 02-28-2014, 02:19 PM   #658
Quantum731 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
Quantum731's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh shoot, that is perfect! Thanks for mentioning this.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:25 PM   #659
too many frogs, not enough princes...
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'll be getting the one from CVT too.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:32 PM   #660
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
I will soon be joining all of you as a happy RTT owner! The CVT group buy is in less than a week. I will most likely be getting a Mt Shasta with annex, the booty mat, and a 55 inch awning.

Products Discussed in this Thread