LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

*THE RTT Owners Thread(With BS)*

Old 01-23-2014, 07:50 AM   #1
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
*THE RTT Owners Thread(With BS)*

I hope I'm not being redundant by making another RTT thread but i figure i'd just make a thread for All owners of RTT on the forum to add their pics and specs to my collection on the next post so i can keep a revolving count of how many different setups and the various brands out there to anyone looking to get one as well.

Post how you have it mounted as well with pictures of course, nothing is restricted,(bed bars, bed racks,roof racks ect).

Questions can also be done in here as well.

If you have multiple pics that would be most appreciated. I'll keep the Pic whoring of my own to a minimum.

LETS SEE EM!
Old 01-23-2014, 07:51 AM   #2
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1.Chamyota
2.jkirkpatrick(build thread pending)
3.Jlink
4.Jberry813
5.Blackdawg
6.ffdawson(Build thread pending)
7.Box Rocket
8.mh.meier(Build thread pending)
9.Jeverich (Build thread pending)
10.Digiratus(Build thread pending)
11.Nat(Build Thread pending)
12.Abarber11(Build thread pending)
13.SingleCabGuy
14.Wrmathis
15.Snowgod09(Build thread pending)
16.Ian408(Build Thread Pending)
17.Vtmactech(Build Thread Pending)
18.MTGirl(Build thread pending)
19.Homertaco
20.Sander1036
21.WhiteCloud's Build/WhiteCloud's Expo Trailer Build
22.POOLGUY(Build thread Pending)
23.NYCO
24.diablo_Alex2777(Build thread pending)
25.Quantum731(Build Thread pending)
26.(stroM-
27.toyotacrawler
28.VATACOEXP
29.WillRunner05
30.Brandon H(Build Thread pending)
31.Mademan925
32.Hoyal(Build thread pending)
33.Krazie SJ
34.Ponethousand
35.Vancity4x
36.Bennett707
37.Benbacher
38.Jetlander
39.Augie(Build Thread pending)
40.Mudthedoor
41.Toyota Tacoma(build thread pending)
Old 01-23-2014, 07:51 AM   #3
AKA Crash Bandicoot

Chamyota

RTT Brand: Unbranded
It has the overhang and i have the Annex as well.

I have it mounted on the custom bed rack on top of my bestop made by Eddy at SOS Concepts

I got a Yakima MegaWarrior Roof rack in front of it so i can help the wind get over the tent because mpgs get shitty once i go 75+ with the setup.

Pics:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
jkirkpatrick

RTT Brand: Tepui
Mounted using a Bed Rack

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jlink

RTT Brand: CVT(Cascadia Vehicle Tents
Model:Mt.Bachelor

LED light strip on center hoop. I'll update pics next time I set up the tent.

CVT 79" Awning

Harken Hoister 200lb, 12ft lift

Jberry813

Model:Kukenam Camo

Mounted on a custom Trailer he built

Tepui Kukenam Camo mounted on the trailer I built.

Blackdawg

RTT Brand: CVT(Cascadia Vehicle Tent)
Model:Mt.Shasta
CVT 55" Awning
Mounted on a Custom Rack

Have interior lights as well. soon adding heating pad.

ffdawson

Model: Autana w/ Annex
Mounted to BajaRacks flat utility rack.*

Gold Lakes Trail 5/13

Baja California Sur 11/12

WINDY ass day down at hole in the wall.

Little doggie foot washing station prior to entering the annex!*

2 adults and a snuggly Lil pup! Plenty of room

Bahia Concepción

Bahia Soledad

Box Rocket

Model: Autana w/ Annex

Mounted either on my custom Box Rocket bedrack or on my home built trailer with a telescoping rack.

Truck mounted

Trailer mounted

telescoping rack

Link to Trailer Build page
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/oth...ler-build.html

mh.Meiher
RTT Brand:Camping Lab (4 person)
Mounted on a custom KM Fabrication Rack

Jeverich

RTT Brand:ARB
Model: Simpson III
Mounted on a custom built rack.

Yellowstone:

Central WA:

Had it down to 10 below, no issues. Chicks dig 'em. Pretty sure they're a libido enhancer.. Seriously. Nothing really tops being able to say "Want to drive down to the beach and pop my tent?".. Think there's a bra in my sleeping bag up there that I should probably get out.

Digiratus
RTT Brand:CVT(Cascadia Vehicle Tents)
Model: Mt.Bachelor
Mounted on a Badlands custom rack

Northeastern Oregon. Near Imnaha

Camping on the Snake River, NE Oregon

Camping with my CVT friends. Sawtooth Lake, In the Beartooths, Wyoming.

Blackbear Pass, Colorado

Nat
RTT Brand:Tepui
Model:Autana
made on a Custom fab'd bed rack by Nat

Here is my setup, a Tepui Autana on the bed rack I made. I love RTT's, I won't go back. I like the fold down table on my Brute Force Fab bumper, the oven stove combo I was trying out, it was a gift from the wifey. Ultimately it is going into the offroad teardrop trailer I am building.

Gotta love Utah

Abarber11

RTT Brand:ARB
Model Simpson III
Mounted on a Front runner roof rack

Got my ARB Simpson 3 mounted up Friday onto a Front Runner rack. I bolted on some 1" square aluminum tubing to the rack and mounted the RTT cross ways using the provided hardware. I got to go out and use it Saturday night. Its awesome! Although I still really haven't figured out all the features or how to fold it up nicely so it is easy to get the cover on.

Im looking forward to spending many-a-night in it.

SingleCabGuy
RTT Brand:Camping Lab?
Mounted on a DerpWerx Fabrication bed rack

Wrmathis
RTT Brand:CVT (Cascadia Vehicle Tents)
Model:
Mounted on a Custom bed rack

SnowGod06
RTT Brand: CVT(Cascadia Vehicle Tents)
Model:
Mounted on a custom bed rack

Ian408
Model:Siberian Camo Kukenam
Mounted on rails on his topper.

Vtmactech
Model:Kukenam
Mounted on thule racks on bed

Thule Xsporter Rack
Sits a few inches lower now, may drop another in or so.

MTGirl
RTT Brand:CVT(Cascadia Vehicle Tents)
Model:Bacholorette lol

Homertaco

RTT Brand:CVT (Cascadia Vehicle Tents)
Model:Mt.Hood
Awning:ARB
Mounted on a Leer 100XQ Cap w/ integrated Thule Rail System
Fairing: Custom, Home Depot parts and an OEM Rack

Should be fine setup for wheeling too

Sander1036

Rtt Brand: CVT
Model: Mt. Shasta
Mounted on AtoZ Fab custom Bedrack

Crappy photos but maybe I'll get better ones eventually

With the annex on

and multiple tents

Whitecloud

RTT Brand:TJM
Model:Yulara
Mounted on a custom off road trailer

I'll play. Got mine before Moab Last year and has been great for us. Got it on the trailer (link to build in sig). We got a TJM Yulara through Sierra Expeditions.

Here are a few pics........

Random messing around pic..

1st set up in the driveway after install.

Sand dunes National Park

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NYCO
RTT Brand: CVT(Cascadia Vehicle Tents)
Model:Mt.Hood
Mounted on a Custom bed rack

CVT Mt. Hood
Mounted on Addicted Off-road custom bed rack
Additions: shoe hammock and cover straps
Future: CVT 55 Awning
Additional Features for Camping: CBI Off-Road Fab high clearance with swing out and fold down table, numerous lights setup on rack for camp lighting

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
diablo_Alex2777
RTT Brand: Tents on a Rack
Mounted on a custom bedrack

Here is my home made rack. Made it to still fit my soft top.

My Rtt set up, From Tents on a rack.

Before bed rack

PoolGUY
Brand: CVT
Model: Mt.McKinley
On top of a custom rack over a 5x8 enclosed trailor, that I started building the inside for gear storage and kitchen area. I had a second zipper added for the trailor side door, so I can keep the large door closed for better temperature control and weather protection.

Quantum731

RTT Model:375-OR Tent
RTT Brand: OzTrail

Mounted on a CDN M101 Trailer

stroM-
Rtt: Unbranded
Mounted on a Yakima Rack on a camper

he fiance and I went shooting @ Lake Pillsbury, CA and brought it with us for some solid afternoon napping

I just have it mounted to Yakima Racks on the camper for now. Soon to be upgrading to a full Slimline Frontrunner Rack system. We've used it plenty of times and for our weight the Fiberglass shell does great.

Toyotacrawler
Rtt Model: Autana w/ annex
Rtt Brand: Tepui

Toyanvil
Rtt Model: Kukenam Ruggedized

VATACOEXP
Rtt Model: Mt. Bachelor
Rtt Brand: CVT

WillRunner05
Rtt Model: Autana

Brandon H-
Rtt Model: Simpson III
Rtt Brand: ARB
ARB 4ft. Awning
ARB 6 ft awning W/ mosquito Room
All Pro Pack Rack
All Pro secondary Rack (holds rotopax & Action packers

Mademan925

Rtt Model: Kukenam

Hoyal

Rtt Model: Kukenam

Krazie sj

Rtt Model: Simpson II?
Rtt Brand: ARB

Ponethousand
RTT Model: Ayer

VanCity 4x
RTT Model: Kukenam?

Bennett707

RTT Model: Mt.Shasta
RTT Brand: CVT

Benbacher

Jetlander

RTT Model: ?
RTT Brand: Mombasa

Augie

Muddthedoor

RTT Model: Autana

Toyota Tacoma

RTT Model:?
RTT Brand Camping Lab

Mounted on a Custom roof rack.

Still need to cut plastic to fit for the wind deflector.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:52 AM   #4
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
I will be interested to see some setups. I will be getting a RTT some time near the end of the year. I have many more mods to prep my truck before getting it. The posts here will probably help me pick a RTT for my needs.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:00 AM   #5
AKA Crash Bandicoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
I will be interested to see some setups. I will be getting a RTT some time near the end of the year. I have many more mods to prep my truck before getting it. The posts here will probably help me pick a RTT for my needs.
Thats the plan! i'll continue to update the 2nd/3rd posts so anyone who comes in can see right what i want them to see.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:03 AM   #6
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
subd
Old 01-23-2014, 08:12 AM   #7
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

One thing I have noticed, that I honestly don't care for on many RTT is that the floor is not flat. The part that overhangs and has the ladder always seems to have an angle upward. If my head were on top of the bed area it would elevate my feet. Not very good position to try and sleep in. Or is that just the way it sits when you open it up for inspecting it? Can you level it out?
Old 01-23-2014, 08:13 AM   #8
jkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jason
jkirkpatrick's Tacoma Gallery
I'll post my setup in better detail once all the white stuff is gone (May). Couple of random pics from last year (and the other thread):

Old 01-23-2014, 08:14 AM   #9
AKA Crash Bandicoot

Quote:
One thing I have noticed, that I honestly don't care for on many RTT is that the floor is not flat. The part that overhangs and has the ladder always seems to have an angle upward. If my head were on top of the bed area it would elevate my feet. Not very good position to try and sleep in. Or is that just the way it sits when you open it up for inspecting it? Can you level it out?
I too noticed that when i was opening mine up, it was the first time i'd opened it since getting my bed rack made. I climbed inside it and it sat down a bit.

It's not enough to notice i feel, but i could see where you'd have that concern, what i didn't do is tie that part down, there's two ropes i ran out the entrance, to tie to trees or whatever I'm close to and that way it would actually sit down a bit further but I'm not that picky about that aspect of the tent.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:14 AM   #10
jkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
You can level it out with the ladder system. The bed unfolds and you use your ladder height and angle adjustments to level the folded out platform like you would use legs on a RV. For the pictures that you've seen where the bed is a bit folded, it's probably due to the person not wanting to spend the ten minutes or so to get it "perfect".
Old 01-23-2014, 08:32 AM   #11
ASE Master Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkirkpatrick View Post
You can level it out with the ladder system. The bed unfolds and you use your ladder height and angle adjustments to level the folded out platform like you would use legs on a RV. For the pictures that you've seen where the bed is a bit folded, it's probably due to the person not wanting to spend the ten minutes or so to get it "perfect".
So the ladder has small adjustments? I am assuming that the ladder holds the weight of the extension, right? My planned design is that I will have it fold out the BACK of the truck, to give me a natural overhang over the back of the tailgate, where I plan to have my bed-drawer system and cooking location. I will therefore have a taller bed rack that will actually be about 2 inches higher than the cab. The planned idea also is to built a thin aluminum air deflector for aerodynamics. (Something akin to what the 18 wheelers have, but on a MUCH smaller and lower scale) You will learn that I have a tendency to do weeks to months of planning before I even buy a part. lol.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:48 AM   #12
AKA Crash Bandicoot

Quote:
So the ladder has small adjustments? I am assuming that the ladder holds the weight of the extension, right? My planned design is that I will have it fold out the BACK of the truck, to give me a natural overhang over the back of the tailgate, where I plan to have my bed-drawer system and cooking location. I will therefore have a taller bed rack that will actually be about 2 inches higher than the cab. The planned idea also is to built a thin aluminum air deflector for aerodynamics. (Something akin to what the 18 wheelers have, but on a MUCH smaller and lower scale) You will learn that I have a tendency to do weeks to months of planning before I even buy a part. lol.
I had to read that a couple times to understand that. lol

That WILL work.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:50 AM   #13
CohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
CohbsTaco's Tacoma Gallery
subd
Old 01-23-2014, 08:54 AM   #14

Quote:
So the ladder has small adjustments?...
The ladder unlocks at each rung, so the ladder itself has no minor adjustments. The ladder attaches with one pivot to the base of the tent and the angle that you set that pivot at, in relation to the ground, is what gives you the minor adjustments that you'd need to level the tent.

If you think of a right angle triangle where the base is the ground, the topmost point on the height side is the tent base, and the slope is the ladder. Adjust the slope to level the tent.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:00 AM   #15
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It is absolutely level if you want it to be level.

Quote:
you mean 10 seconds… lol

Quote:
The ladder unlocks at each rung, so the ladder itself has no minor adjustments. The ladder attaches with one pivot to the base of the tent and the angle that you set that pivot at, in relation to the ground, is what gives you the minor adjustments that you'd need to level the tent.

If you think of a right angle triangle where the base is the ground, the topmost point on the height side is the tent base, and the slope is the ladder. Adjust the slope to level the tent.
or just like using an extension ladder up against your house.. pull out the base until the top is at the height you want it (assuming you don't need to extend it)
Old 01-23-2014, 09:03 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
It is absolutely level if you want it to be level.

you mean 10 seconds… lol

or just like using an extension ladder up against your house.. pull out the base until the top is at the height you want it (assuming you don't need to extend it)
Ah, a much better analogy! I was being polite on the time frame.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:04 AM   #17
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
JLink's CVT Mt. Bachelor RTT

Cascadia Vehicle Tents Mt. Bachelor.

LED light strip on center hoop. I'll update pics next time I set up the tent.

CVT 79" Awning

Harken Hoister 200lb, 12ft lift
Old 01-23-2014, 09:20 AM   #18
sander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
sander1036's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed for when I get off work
Old 01-23-2014, 09:26 AM   #19
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Tepui Kukenam Camo mounted on the trailer I built.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/oth...ler-build.html

Old 01-23-2014, 09:54 AM   #20

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
^ well there goes the neighborhood

you should add a link to your trailer build Jason. that thing is sick.

Products Discussed in this Thread