Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

TRD Sport Package, or TRD Off Road Package?

Old 01-27-2014, 07:37 PM   #21
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatTony415 View Post
Yeah, I don't see the point of that either. You would think they'd sell MORE DCLB's with an OR package, with all the hunters hauling quads and such.

I agree
Old 01-27-2014, 07:47 PM   #22
Token
Fluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Fluffymonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty much what everybody else has said - if you like the look of the sport, get the sport. I did, and every time I walk out of my house in the morning and look at it, i'm glad I did. A 4wd sport will get you just about anywhere you need to go, and if you're worried about the locker, that's something you can add on your own for another ~1,000 bucks.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:54 AM   #23
cheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cheeseit's Tacoma Gallery
The locker saved my ass twice the other day. I don't know why people would buy a sport for offroadong tbh especially if they just lift it anyways you just paid 3 grand for a 400 dollar bumper and grill surround. I guess the fake scoop was too much too resist.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:37 AM   #24
Coast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast2Coast's Tacoma Gallery
Buy TRD OR, swap out those cute painted body panels, spin "posi" through mud, laugh at haters.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:28 AM   #25
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseit View Post
The locker saved my ass twice the other day. I don't know why people would buy a sport for offroadong tbh especially if they just lift it anyways you just paid 3 grand for a 400 dollar bumper and grill surround. I guess the fake scoop was too much too resist.

Some people want a DCLB
Old 01-28-2014, 08:38 AM   #26
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
TRD offroad. You wont regreat it. Ive had both the trd sport and offroad. I ditched all the chrome on my offroad. Ive had to use the locker several times and Atrac is great.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:41 AM   #27
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Thr off road is worth it man. I mean honestly if you need a locker you don't have to regret it and go buy an ARB one you just have one from the factory that will be helpful more than you think.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:42 AM   #28
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
You people who swear by lockers need to learn to drive.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:46 AM   #29
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
You people who swear by lockers need to learn to drive.
You must not off road a lot man.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:50 AM   #30

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
How people get along with a truck that has a 5' bed is beyond me , but I guess it all comes down to end use
Old 01-28-2014, 08:51 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
How people get along with a truck that has a 5' bed is beyond me , but I guess it all comes down to end use
I would have gotten a 6 foot bed but I don't need the extra foot since I use a full size truck for hauling
Old 01-28-2014, 08:53 AM   #32

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
I would have gotten a 6 foot bed but I don't need the extra foot since I use a full size truck for hauling

Exactly , you need a different truck to do truck stuff

Like I said , depends on end use I guess
Old 01-28-2014, 08:55 AM   #33
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
If the TRD offroad came in a 6 foot I would have it. I wouldnt have a bumper anymore because it would have been torn off climbing some hills. My old tacoma had a 6 foot and I miss it sometimes but the bed extender helps me fit stuff most of the time in the 5'.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:14 AM   #34

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademan925 View Post
If the TRD offroad came in a 6 foot I would have it. I wouldnt have a bumper anymore because it would have been torn off climbing some hills. My old tacoma had a 6 foot and I miss it sometimes but the bed extender helps me fit stuff most of the time in the 5'.

You can get a TRD Offroad with a 6' bed
Old 01-28-2014, 09:26 AM   #35
Hritz has a spectacular aura aboutHritz has a spectacular aura aboutHritz has a spectacular aura about

Name: Trevor
Hritz's Tacoma Gallery
like everyone else said its up to you! i have the sport in the prerunner and ive been in some situations where i wish i had the locker!! it would come in handy but the sport also looks better though! now like they said you can get a locker put in but thats an easy $1000 and they have a tendicy to fail.... as much as i would say go sport i would probably lean for the offroad for what you said you will be doing!! but im hooked on the sport so my next is a sport 4wd!!
hope this helps!
Old 01-28-2014, 09:42 AM   #36
Max713 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax713 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax713 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax713 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax713 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax713 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax713 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax713 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax713 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax713 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax713 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
Max713's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatTony415 View Post
I say TRD Off Road. The OEM e-locker provides more practical value than a fake hood scoop and color matched grill and rear bumper. If you off-road in deep mud or sand, you'll appreciate having a locker.

A color matched Sport grill is $180 from Camelback Toyota - free shipping too. Plus you can sell the chrome grill for $125 on eBay, like I did. And it takes 30 minutes to install, while drunk. The color matched rear bumper is like $400 - and again, you can recoup much of your costs by selling the chrome one on eBay.

Retrofitting an ARB locker would cost $1,025 for the locker, plus $275 for the compressor, plus probably $500-700 for proper installation by a gear shop.

Additionally, the OR has some skid plates and tow hooks, which while not as good as aftermarket units, are better than what the Sport comes with, which is nothing.

Since you're ditching the stock suspension either way, that doesn't really matter. Same with the wheels and tires.

... and then get an Old Man Emu lift.
Thread jack: Do you have a link to these grills for $180? Searched their website and couldn't find anything, and thats the cheapest I've heard so far.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:45 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Exactly , you need a different truck to do truck stuff

Like I said , depends on end use I guess
No I use my Tacoma to haul stuff with but I use a full size when I need to haul my quad and furniture around.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:51 AM   #38

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
No I use my Tacoma to haul stuff with but I use a full size when I need to haul my quad and furniture around.

Exactly
Old 01-29-2014, 02:05 AM   #39
"Life is short and so is money."
FloopyPickles is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Aircraft Armament Systems Craftsman
Name: Troy
FloopyPickles's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys for all the suggestions. I still can't decide. I'll just wait and see how I'm feeling that day when I'm about to buy one haha. But on a good note, I am officially going to Nevada, Nellis AFB! So............. Decisions decisions.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:41 PM   #40
Stalker
TacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
TacoBrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseit View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademan925 View Post
TRD offroad. You wont regreat it. Ive had both the trd sport and offroad. I ditched all the chrome on my offroad. Ive had to use the locker several times and Atrac is great.
What situations did you guys use the locker and Atrac in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloopyPickles View Post
Thanks guys for all the suggestions. I still can't decide. I'll just wait and see how I'm feeling that day when I'm about to buy one haha. But on a good note, I am officially going to Nevada, Nellis AFB! So............. Decisions decisions.
Buy what you think looks better. I think chrome looks better and like the better capability off road. The OR also has better suspension.