Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

TRD Sport Package, or TRD Off Road Package?

Old 02-07-2014, 09:52 PM   #41
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBrah View Post
The OR also has better suspension.

The only difference is the coils
Old 02-07-2014, 10:02 PM   #42
SteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ground Radar Systems Craftsman
Name: Steve
SteveO86's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a 4x4 Sport, and I love it. I can't stand the chrome on trucks, so I bought the sport purely for the cosmetics. And there is so much win with the skewp, it adds like 10 HPs! Congrats on your assignment to Nellis, I wouldn't mind getting stationed out there.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:14 PM   #43
Stalker
TacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
TacoBrah's Tacoma Gallery
Finally used my ATRAC and locker today, to get up a hill climb. Probably would have got up it with just TRAC if I had Mud Terrain tires, but I dont. Pretty cool feature.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:45 PM   #44
Brad and his dog is on a distinguished road
EMS:
Name: Brad
Brad and his dog's Tacoma Gallery
When I was buying mine ('14 DCSB Offroad), I asked about the DCLB Off Road and the dealer said that he could order one, but that delivery time was uncertain. My buddy ordered a DCLB Sport 9 weeks ago and hasn't he still taken delivery on it yet. If you want it near when you buy it, and you plan on lifting anyway, you may as well go with the sport. That said, I love my truck and haven't second-guessed my decision once.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:46 PM   #45
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad and his dog View Post
When I was buying mine ('14 DCSB Offroad), I asked about the DCLB Off Road and the dealer said that he could order one, but that delivery time was uncertain. My buddy ordered a DCLB Sport 9 weeks ago and hasn't he still taken delivery on it yet. If you want it near when you buy it, and you plan on lifting anyway, you may as well go with the sport. That said, I love my truck and haven't second-guessed my decision once.

No such thing as a DCLB Offroad
Old 06-16-2014, 03:01 PM   #46
Chadr7858 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chad
Chadr7858's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
No such thing as a DCLB Offroad
I was going to buy one from the dealer trd off road dclb with a 6 speed but didn't get the right financing and trade in values. So yes they can order them
Old 06-16-2014, 03:13 PM   #47

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadr7858 View Post
I was going to buy one from the dealer trd off road dclb with a 6 speed but didn't get the right financing and trade in values. So yes they can order them

No , actually they can't

No such thing as a DCLB Offroad and no such thing as a 6 speed manual in the DCLB
Old 08-01-2014, 01:02 AM   #48
The Safety Guy
BDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brad
BDBSoCal's Tacoma Gallery
Had both...

Had the SR5 Off-Road, never needed the locker.

But I realized my use for 4WD was getting in and out of places to hike. That's a different purpose than rock-crawling. My 2008 has the mechanical LSD which is not as specialized as a locking differential. But it's really not as helpless as an open differential either, even though people on TW make it sound like it is. It's actually better on pavement in wet traction at speeds where a locker can't be used anyway.

I also quickly discovered I needed a DC, Access Cab was not going to get the job done.

When I saw the sport I did like it's look better, but I wasn't sure why. The skewp kinda gets in the way when on a trail. (Tempted to do the light bar scoop mod.)

The lack of chrome is a plus.

I kinda like the stock rims, too. I figure I can replace them if they get all scratched up. Not ready to jump on the black-rims bandwagon yet.

And the tow package was an unexpected plus on the used Tacoma I found. Got to use it recently to tow a generator and light standard to a location it was needed. That was handy.

I kinda wish I had the DCLB, but have never "needed" it. On the other hand I have needed to maneuver on trails and pavement in places where I was glad the turning radius wasn't any bigger.

In any case, I've safely gotten to places where the only other people around are Jeeps, and at that altitude, they've always been respectful.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:40 AM   #49
Master Baiter
jethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Geoff
jethro's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly the only reason I bought the OR is because I liked the tires and I hated the skewp. But having no chrome would be nice, chrome is stupid. I have used the locker once when I had to pull my boat out of a nasty boat launch. I'm sure I would have crawled out just fine but I wanted to use it.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:55 AM   #50
On-Roader
boramkiv is on a distinguished road
Name: Trying to leave the asphalt
boramkiv's Tacoma Gallery
'14 DCSB sport for me. HATE chrome and of course the hood skewp is tacky but not too bad sitting on a black truck. 6MT w/ tow package...perfect perfect.
I can't imagine going anywhere where I would need the rear locker, or even towing something in a situation where I would need it.

I've had it a few weeks now and already put some minor mods...K&N intake is LOUD, may have to rethink that.
Either way it's my second truck, but way better than the first.
It's not too long (can fit in the garage although only just) and it's the double cab (plenty of room for my kid).

Yes, there's no OR DCLB and no 6MT DCLB...those crossed my mind when looking, as I HAD to have the 6MT with NO chrome, I can live with a shorter bed.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:58 AM   #51
كافر‎
kenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Kenneth
kenneth.morris07's Tacoma Gallery
This topic will stop being debated when Hamas and Isreal are allies!
Old 08-01-2014, 07:20 AM   #52
I like my Squatch big and hairy.
RogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
RogueTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I got an Offroad for the locker and A-trac. I do like the color matched pieces on the Sport, but I am not a fan of the faux-skewp. I'll be buying a color matched grille and a plate rear bumper so the chrome will be gone soon anyhow. It's apples to oranges really. About the only Tacoma model I wouldn't own would be a Limited model or a Prerunner.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:32 AM   #53
whiskeytacos has a spectacular aura aboutwhiskeytacos has a spectacular aura about

Name: John
whiskeytacos's Tacoma Gallery
I went with the OR package. Hate the chrome but I would have been upset with a non-functioning skewp. On top of other mods I want to do, I personally can't justify the cost of adding a locker to a Sport.

Also my sister just retired from Nellis. Best of luck on your transition back state side.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:05 PM   #54
Be a fountain, not a drain.
bambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevin
bambooshoots's Tacoma Gallery
I had a 2005 PreRunner Off Road quite a few years ago.

I recently got a 2014 4x4 Off Road.

Upon seeing the capabilities of what just 4H/4L can do, I find myself wishing now that I gave the Sport a try this time around.

I got the Off Road mainly for the ATRAC system; otherwise I do prefer the looks of the Sport, save for the faux hood scoop.
Old 08-17-2014, 05:01 PM   #55
jreece20 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
Name: Reece
jreece20's Tacoma Gallery
First off let me just say for the member above who posted above about military commimitments you should be ashamed and banned. This man is fighting for your freedom and that is your response? I am ashamed and embarrassed to be associated with you. You should apologize and go out of your way to do anything for people like him. Remember we owe them he owes us nothing. You should crawl in a hole and die.