Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Maxtrax group buy

View Poll Results: What color Maxtrax do you want?
Black 34 32.38%
Safety Orange 46 43.81%
Desert Tan 21 20.00%
Other 4 3.81%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2014, 10:43 AM   #121
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Just wait till next week.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:13 PM   #122
antarctican is on a distinguished road
Name: Pete
antarctican's Tacoma Gallery
Just want to confirm these are the latest Mk II version?
Old 02-24-2014, 06:15 PM   #123
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

they're the newest stuff from Maxtrax, not old stock.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:40 PM   #124
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarctican View Post
Just want to confirm these are the latest Mk II version?
What's the difference?
Old 02-24-2014, 09:30 PM   #125
antarctican is on a distinguished road
Name: Pete
antarctican's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
What's the difference?
From Maxtrax's web site:

Quote:
Q: I have a pair of the original MAXTRAX. Will they stack neatly with the new MKII MAXTRAX?

A: Sorry, no. The new MKII MAXTRAX are an improved design on the original. We used a lot of customer feedback in developing the new design for the MKII and added improvements and features such as more teeth (now 88) for even better grip, 3 longitudinal beams (instead of 2) for added strength and changed the circular holes in the 'corners' into keyholes to fit the new mounting pins and linking straps.

Q: I have the original MAXTRAX. Will the new Mounting Pins and Linking Straps work with them?

A: Sorry, no. The new MKII's have keyholes holes in the 'corners' (rather than circular holes) to fit the new mounting pins and linking straps.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:43 PM   #126
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:52 PM   #127
cruiseroutfit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcruiseroutfit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcruiseroutfit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcruiseroutfit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcruiseroutfit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcruiseroutfit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcruiseroutfit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcruiseroutfit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcruiseroutfit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcruiseroutfit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcruiseroutfit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kurt
cruiseroutfit's Tacoma Gallery
Big thanks to Adam (BoxRocket) for arranging this group buy, we are excited to get these rad devices headed your way. I've used the Maxtrax in a handful of scenarios including an all night mud bog recovery in the middle of the Australian outback. Short of bringing in heavy equipment (read days of delay) the Maxtrax were the only devices that I would trust to save the day and they did just that. Needless to say I'm sold on the functionality of them!

We've had a few orders already thusfar and are all set up to get the rest of you taken care of. Safety Orange, Drab and Desert Tan can ship as soon as tomorrow (Tuesday), Black will have to wait until they arrive to the US (hoping within the next week-10 days). Orders will ship first-come, first-serve on colors. Thanks guys!
Old 03-03-2014, 11:10 PM   #128
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the group buy! I'll be phoning in my order tomorrow.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:58 AM   #129
cruiseroutfit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcruiseroutfit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcruiseroutfit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcruiseroutfit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcruiseroutfit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcruiseroutfit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcruiseroutfit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcruiseroutfit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcruiseroutfit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcruiseroutfit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcruiseroutfit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kurt
cruiseroutfit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidpick View Post
Thanks for the group buy! I'll be phoning in my order tomorrow.
Sweet, give us a call!
Old 03-04-2014, 09:29 AM   #130
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Thanks again Kurt!
Old 03-04-2014, 10:34 AM   #131
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered mine.
Gotta say, Kurt was super professional and concise!
Old 03-04-2014, 10:37 AM   #132
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Just ordered mine.
Gotta say, Kurt was super professional and concise!
Nice. You have room left to mount those things Jason?

I've been saying this forever, but Kurt's customer service is as good as any you'll ever experience. People tend to blow that off until they actually deal with him, and then they know what I'm talking about.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:39 AM   #133
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
agreed! just placed my order as well and have a very good impression of the business!
Old 03-04-2014, 10:41 AM   #134
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Nice. You have room left to mount those things Jason?

I've been saying this forever, but Kurt's customer service is as good as any you'll ever experience. People tend to blow that off until they actually deal with him, and then they know what I'm talking about.
Sure do! Got a nice spot picked out for them.
And completely agreed on the customer service. Genuinely impressed.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:23 PM   #135
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
What are the normal working hours there? Just tried calling to place my order.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:44 PM   #136
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
What are the normal working hours there? Just tried calling to place my order.
Might have caught them away to lunch or something. Hours are typical work day hours. Try again.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:20 PM   #137
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Order placed. Thanks a bunch on this Adam, I have been needing a set of these.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:28 PM   #138
BabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Infantry
BabyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Ill be getting in on a set. Just waiting for the pay check to come through.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:50 AM   #139
nat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nat's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered mine today! Thanks Adam and Kurt!
Old 03-05-2014, 01:12 PM   #140
RileySB
rileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Gen
rileySB's Tacoma Gallery
Got my order in today, thanks Kurt and Boxrocket for getting this group buy put together!

How are others mounting/planning to mount their Maxtrax? I saw they had mounting pins for sale but the website recommended using all four pins to mount- which doesn't work for me since I don't have a bed rack. I would ideally like to mount them to the in bed rail system. Maybe quick fists?