Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

advice on a good trail.

Old 01-30-2014, 05:24 PM   #1
BigE is on a distinguished road
Name: Eddie
BigE's Tacoma Gallery
advice on a good trail.

Hello, I was just wondering, has anybody ever been on this trail?

http://www.oohva.org/OBCDR/route3.html

From the looks of it and the pics and everything, it doesn't look all that hardcore and for a trail noob like me, seems doable.. If anybody has done it, or at least knows about it, sure would like to hear about your experiences..
Old 02-05-2014, 12:58 AM   #2
Stevenm462 is on a distinguished road
Name: steven
Stevenm462's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE View Post
Hello, I was just wondering, has anybody ever been on this trail?

http://www.oohva.org/OBCDR/route3.html

From the looks of it and the pics and everything, it doesn't look all that hardcore and for a trail noob like me, seems doable.. If anybody has done it, or at least knows about it, sure would like to hear about your experiences..
Damn, Sorry I never tried it but have to say it looks sooo awsome!!! I would get some friends and give it a go and hope for the best hahaha wish i was able to try out that trail!
Old 02-05-2014, 01:03 AM   #3
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Never been on it, but been up in some of that area before when I lived in Oregon. Beautiful country!
Old 02-05-2014, 01:08 AM   #4
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
The photo of the rather stock looking Grand Cherokee tells me you should be fine, of course in good weather. 4x4 would be advisable at the very least. I'd bring recovery equipment, and at least a ham radio or some sort of communication device in case something goes wrong. Looks like at least a few days trail, so food and extra water and warm clothes is a must. Always better to be overprepared!
Old 02-05-2014, 10:10 AM   #5
Just duct tape it
jspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
jspansel's Tacoma Gallery
Damn. That looks nice. Would love to do any of those. Kinda spendy for the maps though... But i'm sure they are worth it. I'd love to do Rt. 3 and Rt. 4. Starting in Sisters. Not sure about going ALL the way to the end of each, but a good distance.

Think I need to plan out a full weekend with camping, etc and do either of those this summer.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:27 AM   #6
BigE is on a distinguished road
Name: Eddie
BigE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenm462 View Post
Damn, Sorry I never tried it but have to say it looks sooo awsome!!! I would get some friends and give it a go and hope for the best hahaha wish i was able to try out that trail!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Never been on it, but been up in some of that area before when I lived in Oregon. Beautiful country!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
The photo of the rather stock looking Grand Cherokee tells me you should be fine, of course in good weather. 4x4 would be advisable at the very least. I'd bring recovery equipment, and at least a ham radio or some sort of communication device in case something goes wrong. Looks like at least a few days trail, so food and extra water and warm clothes is a must. Always better to be overprepared!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspansel View Post
Damn. That looks nice. Would love to do any of those. Kinda spendy for the maps though... But i'm sure they are worth it. I'd love to do Rt. 3 and Rt. 4. Starting in Sisters. Not sure about going ALL the way to the end of each, but a good distance.

Think I need to plan out a full weekend with camping, etc and do either of those this summer.
Thanks for the input guys, I'm actually from Washington so I found another website that has similar trails like this in WA. But indeed, I wouldn't mind doing one of these trails in the summer time..