Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

First offroad expierence

Old 02-02-2014, 04:11 PM   #1
4bangerowner will become famous soon enough

Name: Eddie
4bangerowner's Tacoma Gallery
First offroad expierence

Just went offroading on a private trail in San Juan, California. It was awesome. I loved how it handled the bumps and dirt. Definatly made me want to get some new offroad tires. Share your offroad trips!
Attached Thumbnails
First offroad expierence-offroad.jpg   First offroad expierence-offroad-2.jpg   First offroad expierence-offroad-3.jpg   First offroad expierence-offroad-4.jpg   First offroad expierence-offroad-5.jpg  

Old 02-02-2014, 09:16 PM   #2

Old 02-02-2014, 09:21 PM   #4
lamericle is on a distinguished road

Army: Jump master, Pathfinder, Master Breacher, EMT
Name: keagan
lamericle's Tacoma Gallery
Tip # 1. get new tires

Tacoma's are incredibly capable off-road, but those tires are not. decent all-terrain tires and your truck will shock you with it's ability off-road.

P.S. nice pics
Old 02-02-2014, 09:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
Ha!! Welcome! You're now bit. It may get expensive, but it sure gets better!
Thanks! All I need are some better wheels and tires. Armor is pretty expensive
Old 02-02-2014, 09:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamericle View Post
Tip # 1. get new tires

Tacoma's are incredibly capable off-road, but those tires are not. decent all-terrain tires and your truck will shock you with it's ability off-road.

P.S. nice pics
Thanks for the tip. And thank you for your service.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:30 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgalvanxgx View Post
which trail in San Juan!?
its a off of ortega highway. My friend owns land back there so he gave me a key.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:40 PM   #9
seymour butts
xgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gerardo
xgalvanxgx's Tacoma Gallery
ah ok. i was thinking somewhere there. i was raised in San Juan. good times good times.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:49 PM   #11
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Welcome OP! Glad to see you got bit by the off-road bug. When I got my truck, I couldn't wait to put it in 4WD and take it somewhere. Us PNW members have pics from some of our trips in the NW/WA Meet Thread.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:01 PM   #13
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
How does the 4cyl feels? Any videos?

I'm on the fence between I4/V6
Old 02-04-2014, 12:40 PM   #14
Jhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Jhodgman's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like fun.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:03 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by epa4wd View Post
How does the 4cyl feels? Any videos?

I'm on the fence between I4/V6
Dont have any videos unfortuantly. Next time I go out ill get some footage. The 4cl definitely feels like there is no power in it when you first use it. Then after a couple days you will be use to it. I can still drift my truck on pavement haha so its not terrible. If money isn't an issue id say a V6. Test drive them both!
Old 02-04-2014, 07:07 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguins_cc View Post
Welcome OP! Glad to see you got bit by the off-road bug. When I got my truck, I couldn't wait to put it in 4WD and take it somewhere. Us PNW members have pics from some of our trips in the NW/WA Meet Thread.
I'll check them out!
Old 02-04-2014, 11:53 PM   #17
Stevenm462 is on a distinguished road
Name: steven
Stevenm462's Tacoma Gallery
Im out in the AV and am a new tacoma owner, but found a hill trail some parts were steeper than others but not to bad and had no problem with my 2.7L 2WD! Loved it and looking for more trails
Attached Thumbnails
First offroad expierence-dsc_0176.jpg   First offroad expierence-dsc_0178.jpg   First offroad expierence-dsc_0182.jpg   First offroad expierence-dsc_0180.jpg   First offroad expierence-dsc_0169.jpg