Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

use rear receiver hitch as a winching anchor point

Old 02-09-2014, 07:59 AM   #1
jsib is on a distinguished road
jsib's Tacoma Gallery
use rear receiver hitch as a winching anchor point

I have a 2013 Tacoma TRD with the Off Road and Tow package. I am new to driving Off Road and don't have the money to mount a hitch on the front. Can I mount the winch on a hitch receiver mount and slid it into the factor installed hitch in the rear of my truck and not worry about damaging anything. A friend gave me a Badlands 9000lbs winch. Any advice would be helpful. thank you
Old 02-09-2014, 08:04 AM   #2
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Like this?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ver-winch.html

You may choke on the cost of the receiver hitch mount and cables long enough to reach the rear receiver, though.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:46 PM   #3
Indy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Indy's Tacoma Gallery
By the time you get a front receiver + winch cradle for the front, youre pretty close to the price of a mount. And it looks like crap and is hard to use. So yes it can be done, but i wouldnt for the sake of saving $50.