Notices

Wheeling with camper shell

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-13-2014, 06:31 PM   #1
Reeves is on a distinguished road

Army: 2/16
Reeves's Tacoma Gallery
Wheeling with camper shell

How do you guys feel about fiberglass shell and wheeling say...Moab? I'm debating removing mine for the late May trip.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:02 AM   #2
US Patriot
Dondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Michael
Dondy52's Tacoma Gallery
I would assume it would be just fine. Just make sure the clamps are on tight.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:04 AM   #3
bozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud of
Firefighter: wildland firefighter
bozotaco's Tacoma Gallery
My fiberglass is solid, and I've never had a real issue. However driving down a real rough dirt road(waffle board) I'll often look back at my topper and bed and looks like it is flexing and moving an incredible amount.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:53 AM   #4
tired
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
I've wheeled in Moab with my topper numerous times. It's no big deal and mine is probably one of the heavier ones. The COG does change a bit and I prefer Moab and similar rock wheeling without the topper, but if you would rather leave it on, it really won't hinder what you want to do.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:02 AM   #5
Cypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2A773 Retired
Cypherian's Tacoma Gallery
Just check your clearances on flex and ask guys with your model of cap who wheel if there have been clearance problems. I do suggest having your tail gate top ( About 4 Inches ) wrapped in the rock plastic or similar as even on a truck that is not wheeled... Mine!!! lol the Century cap door weather seal started to rub though the clear coat fairly quickly. I used the 3m product http://www.amazon.com/Clear-Paint-Pr.../dp/B004VG88MQ .

Cypher
Old 02-18-2014, 06:26 PM   #6
Reeves is on a distinguished road

Army: 2/16
Reeves's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the replies guys. Ill make my mind up the week of I guess. Depending what my load looks like and weather.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:54 PM   #7
otis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to behold

otis24's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypherian View Post
Just check your clearances on flex and ask guys with your model of cap who wheel if there have been clearance problems. I do suggest having your tail gate top ( About 4 Inches ) wrapped in the rock plastic or similar as even on a truck that is not wheeled... Mine!!! lol the Century cap door weather seal started to rub though the clear coat fairly quickly. I used the 3m product http://www.amazon.com/Clear-Paint-Pr.../dp/B004VG88MQ .

Cypher
Mine is doing this as well. I have some touch up paint to fix it but it'll never look as good as factory. My truck is 10 years old too so it's not the only body damage.

Products Discussed in this Thread