LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Legal vs Illegal Off-roading Question

Old 02-24-2014, 04:03 PM   #21
nigglewiggle60 is on a distinguished road

Name: Nigel
nigglewiggle60's Tacoma Gallery
I bring my own T.P. and if the feds used the money from the big parks to do upkeep on the small parks they would have plenty. But they don't manage their funds well do they.

Please pick up your trash and don't drive through meadows. I always come back from camping or driving with a truck load of other peoples trash.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:05 PM   #22
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigglewiggle60 View Post
I bring my own T.P. and if the feds used the money from the big parks to do upkeep on the small parks they would have plenty. But they don't manage their funds well do they.
The state parks collect money and it goes into the general fund to be spent on something else. That's really why there is no money.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:06 PM   #23
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigglewiggle60 View Post

Please pick up your trash and don't drive through meadows. I always come back from camping or driving with a truck load of other peoples trash.
X2. I usually always come back with the same. It's pretty sad that people are as careless as they are.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:11 PM   #25
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
It's all those damned dumbass, careless, disrespectful offroaders that ruin it for the ones that respect our ever waning OHV areas.
Yep.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:19 PM   #26
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
#caliproblems
lol
Old 02-24-2014, 04:29 PM   #27
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
Yep.
I'd like to see TW more involved in things like trail maintenance, but of course its done at the local level, I like to look at our runs as a "trash & trail day" thing, I'll always stop & pick up some obvious shit left behind,I'd like to think most of us do but I haven't seen a lot of it tho' , I repped TW SoCal 1 time a few years back with an organized group at corral canyon, we built a motocross track for kids & some trashing of trails as well, met with district supervising ranger it went miles for good PR with them
Old 02-24-2014, 06:20 PM   #28
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
I pay $30 a year for an adventure pass and it works at all the national forests in CA. Im satisfied.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:15 PM   #29
RileySB
rileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Gen
rileySB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseit View Post
Wait wtf you have to pay to go hiking? I could see if you wanted to use your vehicle you would need to pay insurance or fees but for hiking you have to pay?
No you don't technically have to pay to go hiking. If someone dropped you off, you would not have to pay a fee. But to park your vehicle in the national forest, you have to show an adventure pass. Lame-O I know. Generally, it is only enforce in SW californian forests (i.e. Los Padres, Cleveland, Angeles). I have never had to show one in the Sierras.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:02 AM   #30
MARKDESMO will become famous soon enough
Name: Mark
MARKDESMO's Tacoma Gallery
Government waste? Here's a trailhead I use in Los Padres NF, I am usually the only one that is ever there yet the parking lot is being expanded...

See in the video I made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dha7p...c4-overview-vl
Old 02-25-2014, 11:14 AM   #31
Stalker
TacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
TacoBrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
I pay $30 a year for an adventure pass and it works at all the national forests in CA. Im satisfied.
...Land of the fee
Old 02-26-2014, 11:02 AM   #33
nigglewiggle60 is on a distinguished road

Name: Nigel
nigglewiggle60's Tacoma Gallery
Beautiful video. Shared it on my facebook page.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:04 AM   #34
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBrah View Post
...Land of the fee
forest rangers maintain the trails, so i have no problem paying them. our government maintain our roads, so we pay them to drive on them. When I go to BLM land where no one maintains shit, I dont pay anything. Make sense?
Old 02-27-2014, 10:11 PM   #35
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
FYI for you guys... to my knowledge,

A Motor Vehicle Use Map (MVUM) is the most complete guide of the area.
It lists any and all roads, along with their legal usage.
By law, a road that is not listed on an MVUM is considered illegal to any motorized use until a new MVUM is posted and lists the road for use.

If an area does not have an associated MVUM, the legality of a road is determined by the governing body of the area and gets into a bunch of jurisdictional swaggering, so be careful and do research.
A good example of this is when I was in Naches in Washington State. An MVUM was not yet available, so they required you to buy a special area map, carry the map at all times, and be able to give an accurate location of yourself within 1 mile square... otherwise you get fined. I still haven't found any law that agrees, but I wasn't going to argue with the guy pulling me over at the time.