Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

"clocking" warn m8000

Old 02-24-2014, 12:38 PM   #1
BnbBlitz is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
BnbBlitz's Tacoma Gallery
"clocking" warn m8000

Anybody got any links or know how to? Need to rotate clutch lever to access it on my bumper.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:40 PM   #2
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
just loosen/remove the allen screws all the way around that hold the clutch lever side to the main housing and rotate the freespool housing- dont pull it out, only rotate!
Align with the holes nearest to where you want the lever located and reinstall the allen screws. Done.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:44 PM   #3
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
& seal it up good.... them M8000's like to suck mud
Old 02-24-2014, 12:46 PM   #4

That's all huh? Pretty easy... Thanks for the quick replies. Use some silicon on it? Tryin to get the bumper and winch in tonight.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:48 PM   #5
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BnbBlitz View Post
That's all huh? Pretty easy... Thanks for the quick replies. Use some silicon on it? Tryin to get the bumper and winch in tonight.

don't rush it...

look through my pictures for reference of the clocking and sealing.

I'm currently rebuilding a M8000 now.

silicone is better than nothing but you will need to let it breath somewhere if you seal it off. Ill be running a 2-3' extended breather.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:54 PM   #6
jsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 6th Motor Transport Battalion
Name: Jeff
jsmarine's Tacoma Gallery
I just recently rebuilt my Warn 9.5XP, had my brother help and he posted a little video on it.

Check out the video, we clocked the winch at the end when we put it back together. Starting 8:10 is where we clocked the winch. Hope that helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BADjA0t0g8I
Old 02-24-2014, 01:11 PM   #8
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmarine View Post
I just recently rebuilt my Warn 9.5XP, had my brother help and he posted a little video on it.

Check out the video, we clocked the winch at the end when we put it back together. Starting 8:10 is where we clocked the winch. Hope that helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BADjA0t0g8I
That's a pretty informative video, I just kind of winged it when I did mine lol.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:12 PM   #9
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
I know it was really easy with my SuperWinch. I can't imagine it being any harder with a Warn. Give'er!
Old 02-25-2014, 11:11 AM   #10

Thanks for all the insight guys. Clocked it and mounted it up last night with the help of papa taco. TW all day!!