Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Front Locker: Is it worth it?

View Poll Results: Do you have a locker and have you used it.
No 43 50.59%
Yes, used it 0 times 4 4.71%
Yes, used it a few times 15 17.65%
Yes, I have used it and needed it many times. 23 27.06%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2014, 04:58 PM   #42
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
Poll is showing 50% NO, that means half the people are missing out out on all the fun, sad really.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:59 PM   #43
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalduckslayer View Post
Poll is showing 50% NO, that means half the people are missing out out on all the fun, sad really.
50% don't go hard in the paint and are missing out.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:07 PM   #44
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Good thread, I'm in the same boat as Loaded Taco. Now if this Group Buy can get some traction (more people commit to buying) we both may get gears and lockers....
Old 04-03-2014, 05:09 PM   #45
BabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Infantry
BabyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I would have gotten the front if I could swing the money. I haven't ran into an area I needed it really but I know of some I could find.

But like desert drifter said, if you guys are interested in gears/lockers check out the ECGS GB.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...s-lockers.html
Old 04-03-2014, 09:07 PM   #46
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalduckslayer View Post
I voted no, no front or rear here. It is sad, but I still think I can do some cool shit open, on the list for the next set of major mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
50% don't go hard in the paint and are missing out.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:19 PM   #47
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone Runner View Post
I voted no, no front or rear here. It is sad, but I still think I can do some cool shit open, on the list for the next set of major mods.

I have seen you wheel hard with out them! So have a whole bunch of other people! The video I have of you on Wipeout Hill is literally one of my best videos! It constantly gets views!
Old 04-03-2014, 09:26 PM   #49
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
The way I see it, a front locker can help you keep less stress on your drivetrain overall on those spots that challenge you without it. But it can also get you into much more trouble and put more stress on the drivetrain.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:31 PM   #50
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
I have one, and use it all the time

Times like this

Old 04-04-2014, 07:04 AM   #52
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cool pictures! Where is that at Spoonman?

It seems that the guys that have one are glad they do, the people that wheel without wouldn't mind having one, and the guys that don't wheel are worried about their CVs.

I am glad I ordered mine! I was worried this thread was going to talk me out of it.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:10 AM   #53
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedTaco View Post
Cool pictures! Where is that at Spoonman?

It seems that the guys that have one are glad they do, the people that wheel without wouldn't mind having one, and the guys that don't wheel are worried about their CVs.

I am glad I ordered mine! I was worried this thread was going to talk me out of it.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:20 AM   #54
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
That's rubicon trail
Old 04-04-2014, 09:56 AM   #55
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have seen you wheel hard with out them! So have a whole bunch of other people! The video I have of you on Wipeout Hill is literally one of my best videos! It constantly gets views!
Haha, I was partly joking to make a point. Cool about that vid, that was one of the harder obstacles I have ever done.

Quote:

I think that is a good assessment, and I think you will get good use out of it.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:07 AM   #56
Kick A$$ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs257 View Post
[/B]
Haha! Hey I know they are a good thing to have, but if everyone had been all "totally pointless wish I never bought mine" I would have freaked out and canceled the locker. I have like 2 weeks before the order ships to decide if I still want it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
That's rubicon trail
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone Runner View Post
Haha, I was partly joking to make a point. Cool about that vid, that was one of the harder obstacles I have ever done.

I think that is a good assessment, and I think you will get good use out of it.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:13 AM   #57
He gotta real perty mouth aint he
HBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Allen
HBtaco02's Tacoma Gallery
The 50% who voted no don't need them because the road to the mall and the speed bumps don't require them. I for one have them and am glad for it... The ones who think they can wheel hard without can come along and get winched out....
Old 04-04-2014, 10:14 AM   #59
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBtaco02 View Post
The 50% who voted no don't need then because the road to the mall and the speed bumps don't require them. I for one have them and am glad for it... The ones who think they can wheel hard without can come along and get winched out....
Or they break something.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:35 PM   #60
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Until 2 years ago I drove a 2WD GMC shortbed pickup. Wanting to do at least the easier trails I added an Auburn Pro Series limited slip and 4.10 gears. Fitted with 265 Duratracs it got me around pretty well. Diving it up rocky hills like steps taught me several things like examine the route and PICK A GOOD LINE before you attack it, and MOMENTUM is your friend. Now that I have the Tacoma in 4x4 I find these two skills still make a tough climb or rough trail much easier.

My thinking is that with lockers front and rear I can do harder trails/climbs and crawl over stuff instead of hitting it as fast as I think I can without tearing up the truck. Just going to have to remember to use the front locker sparingly when needed.