Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Shovel: which one to have in your truck.

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-07-2013, 07:33 PM   #21
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
shovels are great for putting out campfires too. Was out wheelin' and found somebody's campsite with a pile of smoldering ash. I was quite taken aback (read "WTF") when I found out I was the only one in the group with any sort of a shovel.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:35 PM   #22
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
I keep a Gerber E-Tool in my truck. Small, compact and I can dig out some small spots with it.

I have one very similar to this
Old 02-07-2013, 09:26 PM   #24
amack8024 is on a distinguished road
amack8024's Tacoma Gallery
I carry a long pointed shovel with a composite handle to help limit wear. I also carry an ax with the same type of handle. I plan on mounting them with quick fists over the wheel well with the heads of the the tools under the bed box to try and limit rust.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:40 PM   #25
pigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pigger's Tacoma Gallery
I keep a long-handled pointed shovel in the bed at all times; I have a shell so it's out of sight. It has saved my sorry self more than a few times, in mud, sand & snow.

I might get a snow shovel for winter use, though, although i'd never have a use for it in town. The last time I had to shovel out, I was stuck in a very deep snowbank in a ditch. Took me 2 1/2 hours to shovel it out enough to power out, and I had my Mud-Terrains on.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:47 PM   #26
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
I currently have a long handled spade shovel on my bed rack, but may also get one of these with a shorter t-handle. we ran into the need for a shovel a couple weeks ago on a trail where we were digging through hard hard clay. almost broke the blade on my current shovel. had we needed to dig any more than we did, i would have had to get my ax and loosen up the ground first.

solution vvv anyone have one of these?
Old 02-11-2013, 03:52 PM   #27
pigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pigger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
I currently have a long handled spade shovel on my bed rack, but may also get one of these with a shorter t-handle. we ran into the need for a shovel a couple weeks ago on a trail where we were digging through hard hard clay. almost broke the blade on my current shovel. had we needed to dig any more than we did, i would have had to get my ax and loosen up the ground first.

solution vvv anyone have one of these?
That is one nasty-looking "shovel". Mad Max would be proud!!
Old 02-11-2013, 04:00 PM   #28
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
My Crovel Extreme is always under the back seat.

Get it here
Old 02-14-2013, 03:41 PM   #29
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
the words extreme and tactical should never precede the word "shovel". come on!

a tactical shovel? i have a long handle shovel. some idiot friend used the handle end to poke at the campfire..i cut about a foot and a half off. the burnt end. you know what? it is perfect! the d-handles hook on things in a crowded bed or tool box. this straight shorty doesnt snag a thing. i use it camping for putting out campfires, and burying my turds. the straight handle is a good spot to temporarily hang the toilet paper roll. (Feels just like home)

Products Discussed in this Thread