Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Bulldog Winch Gear, any good?

Old 05-12-2014, 12:04 AM   #1
Oggy is on a distinguished road
Name: David
Oggy's Tacoma Gallery
Bulldog Winch Gear, any good?

I went to a local off roading shop to pick up some shackles for my new bumper and the only brand they sold were a brand called Bulldog Winch Gear. After having a pair of them on my truck for a few weeks now I really like the quality of them. Slightly pricier than other ones but over all I liked the quality, now I am also looking for a new recovery strap.

Here is their promotional pitch:
Breaking Strength of the webbing is NOT the same as Breaking Strength of the strap assembly. Most straps have loops sewn into the ends for easy attaching. Once you sew into the webbing the sewn connection is not as strong as the webbing itself. Some companies continue to make Breaking Strength claims based on the webbing even though the end user gets the sewn assembly. Therefore the true Breaking Strength and Working Load Limit of the strap assembly are actually lower than the claim. Bulldog does not play this game. All our Breaking Strength claims are made based on our sewn assembly!

I am wondering if anyone else has any experience with this brand, Doesn't seem to be a very popular brand but the quality of the products I have bought thus far have been great. Wondering what reviews anyone can add.