Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Overland Expo East, who's going!!

Old 06-07-2014, 08:34 AM   #1
USMCTACOMAKID13 is on a distinguished road
Marines: termanal lance
USMCTACOMAKID13's Tacoma Gallery
Overland Expo East, who's going!!

Hey y'all just wondering if anyone was going to head up to Asheville NC in October (I think first weekend in October) to check out the expo. also I have my tacoma and never really been able to do any wheeling would love to go out on some trails with some other tacoma guys! 😄
Old 06-19-2014, 02:24 AM   #2
FMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Hospital Corpsman
Name: Topher
FMF's Tacoma Gallery
I am fairly sure that my wife and I will be there. We are still debating on where to camp while we are there.
Old 06-19-2014, 02:57 AM   #3
Boogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phoenix
Boogyman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCTACOMAKID13 View Post
Hey y'all just wondering if anyone was going to head up to Asheville NC in October (I think first weekend in October) to check out the expo. also I have my tacoma and never really been able to do any wheeling would love to go out on some trails with some other tacoma guys! 😄
Now that I know it's happening there I might go! I'm from there and I'm sure I'll make a trip up there. There's some pretty tough wheeling spots where my dad used to take me when i was a kid if your up for it lol
Old 06-19-2014, 05:42 AM   #4
CrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Assaultman 2/5
Name: Joe
CrunchyTaco99's Tacoma Gallery
I will be there.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:53 AM   #5
Palehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Palehorse1's Tacoma Gallery
Put us down as a "maybe." Have heaps on our plate for that time of year but Asheville in the fall is always worth it.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:06 PM   #6
XPEDITIONREADY is a glorious beacon of lightXPEDITIONREADY is a glorious beacon of lightXPEDITIONREADY is a glorious beacon of lightXPEDITIONREADY is a glorious beacon of lightXPEDITIONREADY is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Ben
XPEDITIONREADY's Tacoma Gallery
We will be up there as a vendor....come by and see us
Old 06-26-2014, 01:28 PM   #7
75PSI or bust!
xmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
xmadcowx's Tacoma Gallery
Might make the drive up from Florida.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:54 AM   #8
OahuGrown88 is on a distinguished road

Army:
OahuGrown88's Tacoma Gallery
Good chance I'll be there. Also debating about where to camp.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:32 AM   #9
Boogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Black mountain camp ground. I grew up around that area lol. It's about 45 minuets north of Asheville near Burnsville and on the south toe river. Some of the best fly fishing is in that river too
Old 07-09-2014, 04:34 PM   #10
Laichaboss21 has a brilliant futureLaichaboss21 has a brilliant futureLaichaboss21 has a brilliant futureLaichaboss21 has a brilliant futureLaichaboss21 has a brilliant futureLaichaboss21 has a brilliant futureLaichaboss21 has a brilliant futureLaichaboss21 has a brilliant futureLaichaboss21 has a brilliant futureLaichaboss21 has a brilliant futureLaichaboss21 has a brilliant future
Name: Hugo
Laichaboss21's Tacoma Gallery
80% going. Just don't know the area or where to camp. Would love some input from local folks if possible
Old 07-10-2014, 05:23 AM   #11
Dj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
Dj318's Tacoma Gallery
I'm so down! Only 1.5 hours from me!
Old 07-10-2014, 05:25 AM   #12
Pcyc is on a distinguished road
Name: Fritz
Pcyc's Tacoma Gallery
i think i am in.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:13 AM   #13
CrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Assaultman 2/5
Name: Joe
CrunchyTaco99's Tacoma Gallery
Thinking about backing out now. $270 is pretty steep for 3 days of camping, classes, two dinners, and two drinks. I can afford it but keep wondering why it is so much? Almost like Disney to me. They are starting to charge themselves out of a customer.

The Appalachian Rendezvous is later on in the month and much, much cheaper. May decide to do that instead.

Any of y'all been to Expo West?
Old 07-12-2014, 04:00 AM   #14
75PSI or bust!
xmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Registered, staying at a nearby campground. Great time of year to get away.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:22 AM   #15
Dj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
Dj318's Tacoma Gallery
How many of y'all are doing the full 3 days? Can't decide if I should just do the one, or full
Old 07-12-2014, 06:23 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj318 View Post
How many of y'all are doing the full 3 days? Can't decide if I should just do the one, or full

I'm staying for a whole week
Old 07-12-2014, 06:26 AM   #17
OahuGrown88 is on a distinguished road

Army:
OahuGrown88's Tacoma Gallery
Most likely going to do a day pass and just check things out. Spend the rest of the weekend camping elsewhere and exploring Asheville/Surrounding Areas.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:08 AM   #18
75PSI or bust!

Going from Thurs-Sun. If I'm coming up from FL I'm going to make the most of it, my gf and I are both excited about the workshops. I don't think I would drive more than a few hours and not do the full experience, just my 2cents.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:36 AM   #19
dirty Nissan driver
gravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedgravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedgravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedgravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedgravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedgravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedgravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedgravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedgravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedgravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedgravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
gravedgr's Tacoma Gallery
We're registered for the full package (2 people). We plan to take as many classes as we can without burning out, and will be taking our kids as well. We want to plan a two-week trip out west next year (via RTT) and want to make sure we are equipped (gear, knowledge and skill) to do so.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:36 AM   #20
TreyTRD will become famous soon enoughTreyTRD will become famous soon enough
Name: Trey
TreyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I will be there, only 2 hour drive for me.