Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

What's the strangest/weirdest/craziest thing you have encountered while off-roading?

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 12:17 PM   #41
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
When I was living in Florida a few of us where running some trails south of 40 and west of 19. We never saw any signs but we came out into the opening that was REALLY big and sandy. So we were about to hit it and go flying through the sand when my wife screamed for me to stop and pointed to a sign right next to the trail that read "WARNING: Unexploded ordinance".

Come to find out we has somehow crossed into a local military bombing range. No bullshit. I stopped and everyone behind me started backing up. As I looked out the driver's window I saw a small canister next to my front tire. I don't even want to guess what MIGHT have happened it I ran that trail a foot more towards the left.

Old 06-16-2014, 01:23 PM   #42
RogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
RogueTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post

Oops, I did search, but apparently not well enough. Thanks

Old 06-17-2014, 08:15 AM   #43
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't matter... this one is new, and seeing some cool things.

Old 06-17-2014, 10:03 AM   #46
POINT ONE %ER
Dirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dirty Pool's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brizower View Post
Appears to be a 55 gal drum riddled with bullet holes with a can-type combustor attached.
It is some sort of ore processing/concentrating machinery from a uranium mine. The "combustors" are heavy canvas.

Old 06-17-2014, 02:01 PM   #48
RogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Mexico Taco View Post
Taking a shortcut across the mountains from Espanola to Truchas came across two guys in a Suzuki Samurai with the sleeves cut off their shirts and open to the waist and a big beer cooler on the back. Started talking about how having a truck like mine must be nice to have. Got the 45 from the wife and left in a hurry.
Did you hear banjos?

Old 06-17-2014, 02:23 PM   #49
...It Hurts when I Pee...
AWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: ParaRescue-SpecOPs
Name: Doc
AWF ROWD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
When I was living in Florida a few of us where running some trails south of 40 and west of 19. We never saw any signs but we came out into the opening that was REALLY big and sandy. So we were about to hit it and go flying through the sand when my wife screamed for me to stop and pointed to a sign right next to the trail that read "WARNING: Unexploded ordinance".

Come to find out we has somehow crossed into a local military bombing range. No bullshit. I stopped and everyone behind me started backing up. As I looked out the driver's window I saw a small canister next to my front tire. I don't even want to guess what MIGHT have happened it I ran that trail a foot more towards the left.
Probably near or in Avon park Bomb/strafing range...did the canister look like this..or maybe orange...!!

Old 06-29-2014, 12:24 PM   #50

Marines:
I found a pic of a horse carcass some friends and I found while on our way to ride dirtbikes. We didn't beat it...

Old 06-29-2014, 12:55 PM   #51
Long Time Lurker
RCOTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Dalton
RCOTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Back in the last portion of April when we had a Uwharrie meet where it rained the whole time and all the trails were slicker than owl sh*t, we had come down one of the trails (I don't remember which one, Gathaway nearly slid off the trail). At the bottom of that obstacle we stopped to watch some land rovers come down, and from the other direction up another trail come three guys in an older Honda CRV! Everyone in my truck nearly pissed themselves when we left and could see where they'd been dragging the bottom of the car on the runoff burms that everyone else went over with no problem. There only defense was it was AWD, but still, a CRV?

Old 07-01-2014, 08:26 PM   #52
single cab is on a distinguished road
single cab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
colorblind electrician?
laugh it up my nieghbor is one no bull

Old 07-25-2014, 08:38 AM   #53
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
I seem to find weird shit every time I go in the woods.

Freshly fallen tree full of bugs.

Last week while camping had a bear knock over the cooler at 3am. I was sleeping in the canopy with the window open. Could have reached down and petted the bastard.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:50 AM   #54
كافر‎
kenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Kenneth
kenneth.morris07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Pool View Post
Then there is this thing. Red neck jet engine?
It looks like a dust hopper to me. Collects the excess dust from crushing possibly.

Old 07-29-2014, 02:10 PM   #55
CowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CowboyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
very cool thread!

I passed an opossum this morning just chillin in the road. Never seen one sit so still, especially with traffic around. I figured it must have been poisoned.

No real crazy off roading stories from me, sadly.

Sub'd.

Old 08-02-2014, 06:04 PM   #56
drinking whats on sale
92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92dlxman's Tacoma Gallery
I was camping a new to me trail and went on my morning-solo-deep-woods-journey with tp in one hand and my dog at my side.

im very picky about my places and went quite a ways off until I crested a small ridge and a doe bounced off. my dog stayed luckily (kind of)

I did a quick spin around and decided I must be in a great spot if there are deer when

HOLY SHIT A BUNNY! no, it was a little fawn that I damn near stepped on, I about fell trying NOT to step on it. my dog lunged for it and luckily I was able to grab her. poor little deer went wobbling off into the woods screaming BLOODY MURDER! what a noise that little feller made. . . . .once in a lifetime thing for me

Old 08-02-2014, 06:14 PM   #57
Canazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
Canazes9's Tacoma Gallery

[URL=http://s15.photobucket.com/user/Canazes9/media/2013/Big%20Bend%20with%20Doug%202013/IMG_0791_zpsa48de190.jpg.html][/URL

Not much, all I've got...

David

Old 08-05-2014, 12:11 PM   #59
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
I wonder why there are so many rounds concentrated on that corner of the bed. Hopefully someone wasn't trying to use it as cover...

Closed Thread