Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

What's the strangest/weirdest/craziest thing you have encountered while off-roading?

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 05:26 PM   #61
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
All in ONE trip. Very eery wheeling, especially because half the time I was by myself.

This sign...and it was everywhere along an unestablished trail (desert wash). No fence, no direction to stay away from. So I was extremely hesitant about driving in that area.

These HUGE Toyo tires in the middle of nowhere. There were many piles of them half buried.

This abandoned school in Eagle Mountain ghost town. Also a very creepy place, it's like everybody just got up and left at once 30 years ago.

Old 08-05-2014, 08:59 PM   #62
Wolfhunter910 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: Officer
Name: Dusty
Wolfhunter910's Tacoma Gallery
Awsome thread!

Old 08-05-2014, 10:27 PM   #63
Ka like a wheel
F75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christian
F75gunslinger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
This abandoned school in Eagle Mountain ghost town. Also a very creepy place, it's like everybody just got up and left at once 30 years ago.
There was a mine up there...closed in the 80's apparently ? No reason for anyone living there to stay after that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eagle_Mountain,_California

Old 08-05-2014, 11:13 PM   #64
DSMJRV is on a distinguished road

Name: justin
DSMJRV's Tacoma Gallery
haha makes me think og "No Country For Old Men"

did u look around for a suitcase with a million bucks in it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom View Post
I found a discarded truck full of bullet holes.

Old 08-06-2014, 11:45 AM   #65
Carno is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Carno's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWF ROWD View Post
Cluster bomb...?

A cluster bomb would have shredded that truck.

Crom, did you take a closer look at the truck? Anybody shooting back from the truck (brass casings, etc), or just something for target practice? Any plates on it?

Old 08-06-2014, 12:46 PM   #66
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carno View Post
A cluster bomb would have shredded that truck.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:18 PM   #68
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMJRV View Post
haha makes me think og "No Country For Old Men"

did u look around for a suitcase with a million bucks in it?
Yes we did. I armed up first though, place was sketchy and gave us the heebeejeebes.

Old 08-06-2014, 03:09 PM   #69
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
I've found a few cars out in the desert too.

This one got me wondering how the F they got it out there. I mean it was ten miles of wooped out two track to get there, and several gnarly wash outs.

This one had plates that read "go bubba". Nobody nearby and the footprints in the mud were dry and hardened. Might have been there for months.

Old 08-06-2014, 03:58 PM   #70
...It Hurts when I Pee...
AWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: ParaRescue-SpecOPs
Name: Doc
AWF ROWD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post

This one got me wondering how the F they got it out there. I mean it was ten miles of wooped out two track to get there, and several gnarly wash outs.

This one had plates that read "go bubba". Nobody nearby and the footprints in the mud were dry and hardened. Might have been there for months.

Get in your truck and get the f**k outta' there......

Old 08-06-2014, 04:01 PM   #71
avw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
avw4x4's Tacoma Gallery

Old 08-06-2014, 04:11 PM   #73
avw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
avw4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWF ROWD View Post
I've had pubic lice bigger than that........#scratch
Your poor, poor balls...

Old 08-06-2014, 04:33 PM   #75
paranoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

paranoid56's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

stolen most likely, everytime i come up on something like that i usually take down the gps cords and let the local cops know. most of the time they look it up and see that its stolen.

Old 08-06-2014, 04:40 PM   #76
tacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
tacomonazul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Where did you found that truck?

Old 09-18-2014, 11:41 AM   #77
wizardfishin is on a distinguished road

Name: Aaron
wizardfishin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

That looks like it could have indeed been a cartel hit. Makes you wonder why someone would use such a nice truck for target practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post

I may have taken that brush guard.

Old 09-18-2014, 11:52 AM   #78
Banned
shore990 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshore990 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshore990 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshore990 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshore990 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshore990 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshore990 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshore990 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshore990 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshore990 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshore990 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
shore990's Tacoma Gallery
Me and some buddies ran up on an abandoned Yukon. All the windows had been broken out and the wheels/tires were missing. Everything else seemed to be sort-of intact.

It was pretty far in the middle of nowhere in the mountains. It looked like it probably broke down and they left it there since no wrecker could possibly get back there. We rolled it off down the side of a hill.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:00 PM   #79
Burghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Burghlar's Tacoma Gallery
About six miles down a logging trail on the way to our campsite in West Virginia, we found a homeless hillbilly trying to "fix" (hotwire) an early '80s Ford pickup that he recently "bought" (yes, we stopped to help him). The pickup had Indiana tags and the bed was completely full of empty beer cans. He told us that he worked for a guy who lived off the main road, about 25 mins away, and drove down there to sleep in a small cave. We ended up lending him a screw driver to "fix" it and get the hell out because he was parked uncomfortably close to our campsite. Never saw him again and never found his cave.

Old 09-18-2014, 02:03 PM   #80
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shore990 View Post
Me and some buddies ran up on an abandoned Yukon. All the windows had been broken out and the wheels/tires were missing. Everything else seemed to be sort-of intact.

It was pretty far in the middle of nowhere in the mountains. It looked like it probably broke down and they left it there since no wrecker could possibly get back there. We rolled it off down the side of a hill.
Fucking dicks.

Closed Thread